Moira almost every game

The fact is that Moria is the 2nd weakest support. The only reason she is being picked is because all the supports are in dumpster and she can survive a dive.

I ask any of you to pick a support, that isnt Illari ,that you think Moria is better then and I will factually tell you why they are better.

5 Likes

Below plat is about 50% of the player base and mostly newer players. New players should learn how to play the game rather than demanding things be changed to accomodate them.

2 Likes

You are having some serious bias here.

TTK went up across the board for supports. Illari, Ana, and Kiriko now have a forced +1 more shot to ever kill someone at 250hp compared to 200hp. Baptiste has +2 which is another entire burst round. More shot consistency does not make up for having a slower TTK across the board when you physically need more shots to over come a universal 25% hp increase.

Its even worse on +1 shot because accuracy means you more than likely miss shots, so best +1 shot is more like +2 shots due to missing and the accuracy.

Moira got a 30% dmg buff up to 20m AND an accuracy buff. She’s the only support in the whole group that got a sizable buff increase. Brigitte does not count because her range of influence is <5m not TWENTY meters as Moira has.

1 Like

Then let kiri two tap again or ana three tap

Stop pretending Moura mains are doing antiflank duties.

Most idiots just dive into enemy team and harass other supports or get into a succ fade war with enemy moira.

Not to mention all those people who got 300 hp for some reason.

Also not to mention her own health buff due to which you can’t kill her like before hp is just there unless you one shot her.

It is so much easier to hit your shots with kiri and zen now, Im doing more damage and getting more picks on those sups than ever before.

Thats probably part of why kiri and zen are 2 of the 3 most picked sups in top500 in addition to their vastly superior utility.

2 Likes

So lets do this since you are so concerned about burst damage potential… which is weird because Moria has the least burst damage in the game considering she is a Damage Over Time.

Lets give these supports, like Kiri and Ana, higher damage but in return they get the same amount of utility as Moria… which is ZERO.

Ana now does more damage, but no longer has Sleep Dart or Anti Nade.
Kiriko now loses her Suzu and Swift Step

Since they are now doing more damage they are now on par with Moria… who again brings nothing to the team fight.

2 Likes

You are acting as though they weren’t balanced before.

They were .

Now they are weak.

While moira is buffed .

Stop acting as though 65 zero effort dps on 20 MTR is weak it’s more than kiriko bodyshot.

Imagine cribbing about Swift step when you have fade on 4 sec

Tell us who is “Weak” use an example. Who is weaker then Moria other then Illiari?

2 Likes

No one has the kill power as before in support pr shows it’s self moira is powerful than all of them.

Her bodyshots are 90dps with infinite range and a massive projectile size. Even considering reload its more dps.

Burst damage is far more important for securing kills, kiri headshots very frequently result in a followup kill. Moira cant headshot/burst at all, she merely applys constant pressure which makes her effective vs highly mobile flankers.

You cant just talk about a supports dps and ignore their utility, their utility is one of the most important aspects.

1 Like

Zenyatta has kind of fallen from favor after the midseason patch. Much of it floating around is Lucio + Moira or Kiriko. Most all of the supports are still good to play to high levels, but there is a very obvious imbalance going on right now.

The DPS passive helps clamp down on many supports which got value from still having strong healing. LW, Mercy, Baptiste, and Ana still suffer. The DPS Passive + increased TTK was simply the nail in the coffin imo for Ana to not see much usage.

Ana has always been a huge supporter of dive metas since she’s hard to get too, could tussle with enemies, then still support allies. However, DPS passive cuts her stronger healing. The +50hp means she can’t win fights as easily.

Which has turned the meta overall into hyper offensive heroes with enough evasion options to stay alive which has lead to our current situation. Moira is not that far from being in a good spot, but there shouldn’t be much reason for her to be over Baptiste.

Keep kidding yourself :joy: if you think people hitting two consecutive projectiles is the same as you looking at your door for pizza delivery and holding right click

Its super easy, sorry it isnt for you. Especially in the lower ranks where people run in straight lines and dont use cover.

You can often just spam corners across the map at head height and get multiple headshots in a row.

1 Like

Before Moira we just had Lucio, Ana, Zen, Mercy, so flankers had a super easy time of things. When there are flankers and i’m on Zen or Ana having a rough time, i switch to Moira and have a much easier time, usually murdering them horribly. This has been the case since Moira’s release.

I dont actually like this, since the popularity of flankers means i’m waaay bored of picking moira to counter, plus moira is great VS the other supports so most of the time its best to just mirror enemy moiras.

She’s popular right now because of that, plus the DPS passive means big Moira heals = good.

Nerfing moira without nerfing flankers leaves the other supports out in the open.

This guy gets it. Next can we compare how Damage Heroes are lacking in utility. Like maybe Soldier should get Baps Lamp.

You are acting as if getting a headshot on Kiri is unheard of after the new changes. I would pick a Kiri every time who can land a HS every 4-5 seconds over a Moria who uses her Biotic Grasp. This game is all about burst damage. Wayyy more often that Kiri headshot will lead to a kill then Moria.

3 Likes

It still doesn’t give you two tap even with hs.

Are you really comparing two projectule hs with a follow-up to someone holding right click while watching football on the tv.

Yes, because I dont know what game you are playing. You seem very focused on 1v1 and Supports ability to secure kills. The support role is not designed to secure kills, they are there to SUPPORT their team in the team fight.

The fact that in one click a Kiri can knock a majority of heroes to close to 55% health. Means that the Damage Heroes whos job it is to do damage can secure that kill with ease. That burst potential is much more valuable then a Moria doing the least amount of burst damage possible in this whole game.

Again name a Support hero that you feel Moria is stronger then. I will tell you when it comes down to a 5v5 team fight why she is the weakest.

Im pretty sure everything I said that you quoted there is just facts.

The only part that is bias is calling the increase marginal. I just dont consider 15dps to be a huge amount when the heros have 250 or 300 hp.

Moiras accuracy buff is so irrelevant, it was already so easy before. I wouldnt mind if they would decrease her grasp radius to abit lower than it was prior to the season 9 buff. Would make her abit less annoying in low ranks without really changing high ranks at all.

The +15 DPS increase is entirely important. The reason heroes like S76 have such insane DPS output is because they have generally lower accuracy for all the spam shots. You aren’t meant to hit nearly all of those shots at the same time. Its expected you’ll miss a portion of your damage and over the course of the match your resulting DPS output is balanced against others.

Moira is built in the opposite directly where you are expected to nearly always land your shots without ever missing. In reality, close quarter fights and boops and other things cause people to miss shots with Moira. Its not 100% acc all the time and more like 90% accurate.

She does have room to benefit from the accuracy increase and you have no reason to completely decredit Moira’s accuracy increase and somehow expect that other heroes which miss more shots is suddenly teh equivalent of a 30% dmg increase. 50 → 65 is 30% dmg increase. She’s the onLY support that got a lowered TTK while everyone else went up.

This is completely meaningful. There is a very good reason Moira has skyrocketed to take up 70+ top 500 slots which she’s never done for years in OW. For the ability it takes to use her she is way overperforming from where she should be.

At best, MOira’s DPS increase should have only been from 50 → 55. Maybe 60 dps with no accuracy increase.