Mirrorwatch feelings

Probably the worst, most underbaked ltm they have yet to release. Extremely Embarrassing how literally none of the heroes feel fun to play

Ana feels like she literally doesnt do anything. Her primary fire has been heavily nerfed for literally no reason whatsoever. Her nade no reg’s 80% of the time. Being able to ult yourself is useless and removes half of her ability to burst heal her team. Completely unplayable

Brig changes make no sense. She now has the ability to pull people to her but not the sustain to survive against people in that close range environment. The whole point of whip is to keep people away because brig sucks in close range duels. The whole hero is designed to just avoid confrontation and has been given changes that forces her into confrontations. Terrible

Mercy just feels like trash to play as and against. The ult is completely op lasting 15 seconds yet still feels trash to use. The soul burn is obnoxious not being able to even react to her using it against you yet feels useless most of the game. Its a purely win more concept.

Zen feels utter garbage. His discord and harmony orbs requiring hs to be useful feels stupid when half the heroes have shields and abilities to stop you hs’ing them. His new ult feels terrible. You cant actually see where you are aiming it and it doesnt feel like it actually does anything. Its emp but worse

Bastion just has nothing. He is turned into a purely shotgun hero. He is reaper with lower dmg, a bigger hitbox with no escape ability. Only fun thing about him is the slicers during ult but even they feel largely irrelevant because they are so unthreatening

Echos sticky changes feel both dumb and terrible to use. They move so slowly they rarely ever reach their target before they get behind cover. The fly ability is completely unusable, you move so fast during the dash you have no idea where you end up and gets you killed Everytime you use it. Her ult feels tacked on and doesnt even feel like an ult. terrible

Sombra is just massacred in this mode. Her hack cannot target enemies for literally no reason. Her entire offense is limited to her water pistol of a weapon and virus. You can’t get the bonus dmg from virus because you cant hack enemies. Hacking teammates takes too long, is interruptable and is mostly irrelevant for how much overhealth you give them. Most of the time when you go to hack a teammate they die before you finish the hack, you get cancelled out of it or you get the hack off but it does nothing useful. Emp is just a worse lucio ult.

Widow is just normal widow but now she has her own shield and wall hack. How to make an obnoxious hero even more obnoxious. Congrats balance team

Tracer is just normal tracer but she gets lifesteal. How to make an obnoxious hero even more obnoxious. Congrats balance team

Zarya is unplayable. Ult unusable. Secondary does nothing. Bubbles no different. Just pure nerfs compared to her normal version.

Rein just becomes an uninteractive shield bot. Hold shield and let your team shoot through your shield for dmg boost. Somehow you managed to dumb down the hero even more.

Doom just feels like trash to play as and against. All the same obnoxious things doom does normally now with extra overhealth and a literal shield so his block has no counterplay. :clap:t2: :clap:t2: :clap:t2:

Probably the most miserable experience grinding out the challenges. Especially considering you had to queue all roles for half the challenges which made an already trash mode worse

1 Like

I’m sensing a vibe that you didn’t quite like it.

13 Likes

Swanky professional complainer as always

3 Likes

I wish they keep Brig’s pull. Having a blast pulling fliers.

2 Likes

Literally everything you said is wrong

3 Likes

I have to play 2 or 3 more matches and have all challenges done and then I won’t touch it again.

Was not good at all, should have done something PVE instead.

I feel like this is benign compared to starwatch where each side had characters locked to that faction.

I completely agree.

I was trying to figure out what was different with her. Aside from the skin and voicelines, nothing seemed different.

This should be added in real play in my opinion. It doesn’t prevent her from being attacked just a bit more thinking needed to get it done.

care to explain how it is wrong?

OK, have the seat and take a breath. Tell me why you think it’s a bad experience ^^ “Psychanalist off”

Ana heals and can headshot.
Brig can fire your opponent and can make cool things like Roadhog
Mercy is OP and fun to play (maybe not against)
Zen can make pressure their opponent
Bastion get a new gameplay and have to think how to deal
Echo is something, OK but you can play without problem if you know how to deal
Sombra is most a support than a DPS and some people love this
Widow is for new players or bad aim to help your team
Rein shield is good and can make pressure, just be behind the corner
Doom is more easy to learn and more like a tank, and some people like this
Zarya is effective in CQC

Remember, patient, that it’s just an short event, so you can play another mode/game if you don’t like it ^^

“Moira scientist mood” : A fascinating patient who cry about this mode ^^

I disagree. Probably played this one more than any of the limited time events. I didn’t expect balance really and it was fun seeing the alternate reality versions of heroes and their kits.

Your balance takes miss the mark in my opinion, but that’s all subjective.

2 Likes

I have the complete opposite feelings for Mirrorwatch. The Bastion and Mercy changes are my favorite. I’ve completed all the challenges and It’s very jarring to go back to regular game mode and playing Reinhardt without his enhanced barrier. Most of these changes need to make it into the main game.

Doomfist, Sombra, Tracer, Ana, Mercy, Widow

Almost like it was a dumb but fun arcade mode, and that the game balance was secondary to advertising the skins …

:thinking:

That’s just an opinion, I for one love nuking tracers across the map while wielding a bazooka as mercy.
Support sombra actually feels pretty good I could actually see that as a possible future rework for symm or sombra (with tweaks obvs)

I don’t feel that way about MW Sombra.

Hack doesn’t target enemies because it’s intended for allies. It’s got extended range allowing for some nice flexibility as regards positioning, and it’s 75 green HP plus a fire rate buff. Brig used to give 50 armour until it eventually got nerfed away and it’s strong here, too. I can’t say I’ve had much trouble applying it.

Virus doesn’t get the Hack bonus but it does inflict a debuff to damage dealt by the target. Plus, of course, the DPS passive.

Anti-Virus is the only defensive ult in this mode which makes it valuable. It doesn’t really matter if normal Lucio has a better ult. Normal Lucio’s not in MW.

I’m enjoying running around as Sombra and buffing my teammates, whether it’s enabling the tank, turning Tracer into a blender, thwarting a gank on a support, or using Hack and Anti-Virus to buff the entire team plus an army of slicers. Yes, MW Sombra is different, but that’s kinda the point. She feels pretty fun for me.

I know right! The number of times I straight up yoinked a Sombra mid-air/teleport when she tried to run away was awesome! This was low-key my favorite change in this mode.

To address the O.P. I loved this mode!

• Rein actually was both viable and a beast. Break my shield? I’m coming for that booty with my speed boost and berserker passive!
  • Doomfist’s shield was straight up busted. It made it xomeasy to get empowered punch and made him immune to his greatest weakness: sleep dart
  • Zarya’s changes did suck
  • Bastion was my favorite DPS and a menace. Intel mode made it so he could SHRED tanks and (if you could land his grenade) delete squishies. His ult was great because the chickens could contest point and cause utter chaos.
  • Support sombra was interesting and different.
  • Widow’s shield is overpowered. The only thing keeping her in check was Sombra
  • Tracer was fun, in the right hands (not mine) she’s gigabusted
  • Mercy was absolutely busted, but that’s because there weren’t many characters that could deal with her when she’s ulting. Also, that corpse explosion ability is WAY to powerful, fun though.
  • Brig (see above)
  • Zen was a monster. As long as your doing damage, whoever’s got your harmony orb isn’t dying
  • Ana was the weakest. Headshots were nice but these changes felt like a nerf

Overall this mode was a blast! Interestingly, tank has the longest queue! Make tanking fun and people want to play tank! Shocking!

1 Like

You forgot the part where instead of hacking the teammate next to you, you end up hacking the healthpack 30 m away. And you don’t even get ult charge from it despite basically being a support now.

I agree it’s the only fun part, however it’s far from useless. Their healthpools are completely busted for contesting, for example. And you do need to shoot them to avoid dying, giving the team space, but it’s attached to such a bad primary weapon and abilities that it just doesn’t matter.

Genuinely feels like they miss more than I do without the homing version lmao

Fr.

It’s basically just half the buffs of a kitsune on self. Really bad, I agree.

I still found echo fun to play as.

As a Sombra main, I found great success in using her. And found her fun overall. I do think it was on the weaker side, but it was still a novelty.

Yeah idk what they were trying to cook; no way they legit thought that could be a good idea for a PvP mode lol. Good for the skill trees that it was probably a part of, though.

tracer and Widow getting the ‘let’s make OP even more OP’ treatment isn’t surprising lol.

I liked the ult, but did find that it didn’t gel well with the abilities on other characters in the mode. Definitely not an ultimate I’d like to see in a future tank without a kit that can make use of the effect and something more to it.

Doom gonna do Doom things. Maybe one day we’ll get away from his meta, though. Sick of him and Orisa.

I had a lot of fun for the most part, but I hate Doom, Rein and yeah Zarya felt really bad/countered by those two in the mode, so getting tank over and over again was annoying.

Or, at the very least, Custom Games. I would love to play this more, but with friends instead of strangers.

Overwatch 2 events are jank modes used to market shop skins. Do not go into them expecting anything different and any insight gained from it is terrible. Some events are more what we’re used to from Overwatch 1, but the new kind are aggravating.