Middle East Servers. Please Devs!

Please give us an option to join EU servers not ME servers. The reason is that there is a really long waiting time. Yes the ping is finally great but I rather have EU ping and a game than once a while a 20 ms game.

Just give us an option. I am waiting now 10 minutes for a match like mystery heroes, before on EU 1-3 minutes.

Very unhappy. Maybe the ME servers would have been good at the beginning of Overwatch not 4 years later when there is a small player base.

1 Like

No, no, no.

The problem is that a lot of middle eastern players can’t connect to the new ME server. It has very buggy routing and Middle east players don’t automatically connect to it. The majority of middle eastern players are still stuck on EU servers even though the middle eastern server has better ping.

So, I think they should focus on fixing the problem of middle eastern players not automatically joining the new server.

1 Like

I want a seperation. Keep the ME servers by all means but let us decide where we want to play!

Well, we NA players can’t play on west coast servers if we are east coast and vice versa. If you want to play on EU, you can VPN to france or w/e. We NA players have to vpn to change coasts.

The ME server will be highly populated when all of the middle eastern players can actually connect to the server. As I said, most ME players are still stuck on EU servers and can’t connect to the new server.

But it would be a good idea to have a new tab for the ME. It should be NA, EU, ME and asia.

Wonder what the slowdown is there? Maybe low capacity on the server?

You play NA you say. You are not living in ME. Not sure what makes you think that ME has such a big population on overwatch.
I am also sure you do not have to wait 10 minutes to just play mystery heroes or any other modes.

Hey everyone, this has been a hot topic in the technical support forum, so let me explain what is going on. There are now Middle Eastern servers for players in most Middle Eastern countries, India, and African countries. This has been something that has been in high demand for years by these players over the years. The good news is that it cuts down connection ping significantly for all of those players (who used to connect to the Amsterdam, Netherlands datacenter).

The bad news is that this new datacenter is now likely the least populated datacenter in the European player region (the other three regions are Americas, Asia/Korea, China). As such matchmaking is going to take a long time there. That being said, it is unlikely that the Middle Eastern region will be seperated into a different player region because this affects many things such as leaderboards, top 500 and the likes. To improve your queue times remember the following tips:

• Play impacted roles like Tank or Support rather than DPS. These overall typically have faster queue times.
  • Some game modes will be more popular than others. At the very least Quick Play should be the fastest mode to queue into a game for than any others.
  • Play during peak hours (for most regions this is from 6 PM to midnight in your local time zones).

Players who are determined to play in other datacenters can try to use a VPN. Yes this will dramatically increase your ping rate if you are connecting to a datacenter that is not your closest one, but it is the best workaround.

Hopefully in time, news that the new Blizzard servers will spread for that region and hopefully we will see more players join in.

On a side note, I am tracking an issue of players that live closer to the Netherlands datacenter being connected to the new Middle Eastern servers, this is an issue being investigated in this thread (click here).

Thanks for letting us now.
It looks after 4 years of Overwatch I guess I am gonna move on sadly.
The waiting times are bad and I play tank/support already. Thanks for a great game, but waiting to play that long is not on my list.

hey @WyomingMyst how are you guys? i think i know why the middle east servers are empty!
cuz the server latency (ping) is higher for a lot of middle east players like me in Iran and other guys like Kuwait and Lebanon etc…

you can see this problem in Blizzardme Instagram comments and my topic here (that its not yet answered)

when the neighborhood people to the me server cant connect and the faraway EU servers have lower ping for us, definitely the servers will be empty…

tnx for listening

2 Likes

PC player base on ME is dead for OW when will Blizzard learn! forcing ppl to play on ME servers is literally the worst thing Blizz could do. Queue times are too long, super toxic community, zero communication cos no one here wants to talk in English, random kick outs in a comp game then it wont let you rejoin back, ping spikes, UNFAIR MATCHMAKING like how the heck a silver/gold dps is in my diamond game & literally throwing my game away, not to mention stubborn one trick throwers/cheaters…Give us the option to choose from list of servers.i dont wanna play on ME servers… I am loosing so much SR cos of this… You guys want ppl to leave your game for good every game gives you option to play on servers you want to why cant Blizzard do that. For example Apex legends gives you tons of servers to choose from they dont force you to play on one & that game is very new as compare to Overwatch… JUST GIVE US OPTION TO CHOOSE BETWEEN SERVERS, ITS SO FRUSTRATING !

3 Likes

Not to long ago.

ME player 1 - We need ME servers
ME player 2 - When will Blizzard heed to our request
ME player 3 - We can’t play with EU player due to high ping

Overwatch team - Fine, We will give u what u need. Adds in ME server

Now -

Plz let us play in EU servers and so on.

Make up your minds.

2 Likes

Do you know why?

cuz half of ME are still connecting to EU servers (like me) and the countries that host the servers cant afford the best ping for us, so there is not a lot of ppl connecting there,

the server is in the near country and the latency for me is 250! but mine to EU is 115 why should the game connect me to ME?

there is a lot of ppl that can connect there like all arab countries, india, north africa, pakistan, afganistan and… but where are they? they are here but not have a good ping to Bahrain servers

1 Like