Middle Eastern Servers

Alright, so I was playing with ~130ms ping before the recent update that added the new Middle Eastern servers. For some odd reason, I am still with the same ping. I live in Saudi Arabia, and I am still with 130ms ping and it’s not dropping. I restarted my PC 2 times, restarted the launcher about 10 times and nothing worked at all. Switching regions did not help at all, Asia gave me about 300ms. Anyone can help?

1 Like

This problem is on their side not ours. I have the same issue.
I’m getting connected to the Middle Eastern server and you get connected to the EU server. This is so dumb.

i got the new server and ping my ping now between 55-80 but the problem that i face is there is only Arab people u can play with so i think they should make the server separate like Europe or America

Exactly, why would they put the ME servers in EU in the first place!!! Just separate it from EU and everything will be fine, it’s so bs right now… the game is literally unplayable for me… like i gotta wait 50 minutes for a game… I’d seriously rather play something else than wasting all this time waiting to find a game.

Greetings. The matchmaker will always select the servers that have the fastest ping rate. The only way to work around this is by setting up a VPN service that can connect to an Amsterdam, Netherlands or Versallies, France hub which then should connect quickly to either of those European data centers. Please note that Blizzard does not stop you from using a VPN but cannot provide any technical support should you encounter problems from using one.

1 Like

So I think they should separate the server not include in eu ??? Is there any suggestions that separating the server from eu!?

There is an ongoing thread here in the General Discussion forum:

The problem is that there are four established regions each with multiple datacenters. Middle East is part of the European region. This is important for things like the in-game leaderboards.

1 Like

I know that bro but i mean in general before we used to play with eu server ( i mean iam from middle east ) but now I don’t want to play with this server so i need to choose that’s what i think better for us like especially now for me i only play with middle east players which is so annoying for me i need like to play like against players from around the world

1 Like

I understand your concern, realistically, the only way to reroute to a different server is through the use of a VPN service. This increases your ping rate natrually but can get you connected to server you rather connect to.

Thanks for fast reply,

I think you have to like separate the servers which is better i know that i annoy you but because i hate this server now

You are not annoying me, I am just trying to make sure that all of the right information is being put out. (Which has not been easy today all things considering.) In the long run, I know that many players (not necessarily you) have been begging for Middle Eastern servers for years now. From what I can tell this is working but causing problems for some players. Such as those from other regions now connecting to it for some reason, and what not. Yeah it would be nice for players to control which servers they would connect to, and that might be something the devs will consider in the future, but I don’t think they will break out the Middle Eastern server from the European Region. However, the general rule in order to deliver the fastest possible matchmaking as a whole is to make sure that all players are connecting to their fastest connecting datacenter. Again if you have additional thoughts, please post them in the thread I linked above.

I just tried the vpn server but i mean the ping not even like before ,

Today i played with my friend from Netherlands when she was a host we entered in eu server and my ping is not like before Middle East’s server is working

And when i was the host her ping is high not like before?? What is the reason of that?

Most likely it is now routing different now because it is going through a VPN. Same with pairing up with a player. I won’t be able to specifically answer without you doing a lot of WinMTR tests checking the ping rate of each connection.

Thanks for help …

I hope in near future you can let middle east servers playing around the world because it’s so annoying like playing with only arab for me