Microsoft/Blizzard merger entering the end-game

Phil Spencer time.

1 Like

its possible they will breath some life into the game but i think thats very optimistic to assume. they could also just leave it like it is too

The other side of this is id rather support Sony. Horizon and ghost of tsushima were close to being single player gaming greatness. Id rather support them over the company whos main draw is another cod game every year

This wont be great for epic either and I like them over acti blizzard and MS

Phil Spencer is getting caught out time and time again by the FTC questions…

:cold_sweat:

Almost like in lawsuits you have to be very specific and restricted in your responses.

That exactly what a xenomorph parasite would do, Pointless merger.

Man that was a blood bath…

That was actually hard to listen to…

Starting to feel sorry for Microsoft…

The FTC is making this look like child’s play…

FTC wants to prove its ‘high performance’ relevant console market.

The FTC is now asking Phil Spencer about a bunch of redacted documents related to market analysis and metrics that are shared with the Microsoft board. There’s a scorecard which includes four metrics for performance.

The argument here is that Microsoft only compares Xbox against PlayStation internally, but that it’s trying to compare to Nintendo Switch with regulators to put itself in third place in the market. The FTC wants to prove that its “high performance” console market of the PS5 and Xbox Series S / X is the relevant market, not one that includes the Switch.

:smirk_cat:

Are we listening to the same case?

All he was asking is
FTC “So does Nintendo Switch have lower specs”
Phil “Yes”

This is like asking if a PC with a GeForce 2080 and a PC with a GeForce 4080 are in the same “market”.
Which they are.

Q: Have you ever made it clear that Google and Amazon that they will never catch up to Xbox in gaming, all in, not in terms of just subscribers?

A: Yes, I believe I have said that.

Now he’s evading simple and direct questions…

:smile_cat::boom:

I find it kinda weird that you’re expecting this to be a conversational podcast, and not an interrogation under oath before a judge.

Like “LOL HE’S THINKING BEFORE SPEAKING, THATS SO LAME. LOLOLOL!”

That was brutal…

Microsoft has already considered skipping PlayStation for Activision content.

“Have you had conversations at Microsoft about skipping PlayStation with Activision titles?” Phil Spencer is asked by the FTC.

“I don’t remember a specific conversation, but it would seem like a normal conversation for us to have,” admits Spencer.

https://www.theverge.com/23768244/ftc-microsoft-activision-blizzard-case-news-announcements

:astonished: :point_up_2:

How is that brutal? I think it’s obvious to everyone that the plan is for future ABK content aside from CoD to be Xbox/PC exclusive. Which is the way it should be.

If they make Overwatch 3, Diablo 5, Starcraft 3, new Crash, Spyro, Tony Hawk, Guitar Hero it should all skip PlayStation.

1 Like

As a PlayStation owner I’d be absolutely gutted if they skip PlayStation with OW3…

:pouting_cat: :-1:

I want to play Final Fantasy 16 but I’m not spending $500 just to do so. Sony gave Square a big sack of cash to keep that game off Xbox and PC.

1 Like

Not exactly comparable when it’s a single player game is it?

:face_with_monocle:

Not sure how that changes anything.

1 Like

As in overwatch is a multiplayer game that thrives on having a community from various different platforms and has a passionate fan base amongst each platform that love to play alongside each other…

Overwatch has always been on the various platforms so it wouldn’t make sense to then withdraw it…

Inclusivity is a core pillar of overwatch is it not?

:pleading_face:

If Overwatch 3 ever gets made then people will just have to buy an Xbox or PC if the deal goes through. The game will survive without PS.

Final Fantasy was also on Xbox for awhile before Sony decided to pay for exclusivity again. Silent Hill 2 Remake is another game they paid to keep off Xbox even though the original SH2 was on Xbox.

I feel no sympathy if Microsoft pulls these games off PS. :smiling_imp:

1 Like

Final Fantasy 15 wasn’t removed from Xbox though you can still play it…

But if they removed overwatch from PlayStation then you would literally not be able to play it on PlayStation…

:rage:

Sony brought it on themselves :man_shrugging:

If they want to keep Blizzard games then they can start putting their own exclusives on Xbox.

Because apparently the idea is “It’s bad if Microsoft does it, it’s good if Sony does it”.