Microsoft/Blizzard merger entering the end-game

:+1:

(My response to this) .

:smiley:

Incidentally, Microsoft filed their legal argument. And it’s basically accusing Sony’s CEO and Lina Khan is bluntly lying to the public.

If they can prove that. This could possibly mean those two individual people committed crimes.

This could not only end their careers, but it could put them in jail.

Yeah, if halo is any indication of how microsoft runs it’s games, I am not holding my breath thinking that they will fix OW2.

I will admit that looks pretty good. Even if it DID take 7 years to develop.

It was. I’m not sure what microsoft had to do with the development of it (if anything).

Yeah. Greyfalcon is huffing some serious hopium with this merger, lol. It’s quite possible that things get WORSE for OW2. Or even that it’s abandoned altogether, if microsoft doesn’t like the numbers, lol.

1 Like

Blizzard was, or rather, may have been one in the past. We can only hope that Microsoft merger will have positive effects on this company and its products, but it’s far from being a foregone conclusion.

eh, halo is like that probably because it’s dev team just isn’t that good overall. activision buying blizzard is really what killed overwatch

On the flip side Starfield looks like a GOTY contender, Psychonauts 2 was good, Hifi Rush was good, Forza is the best racing series, Gears has remained consistently good, the Fable reboot looks great, Avowed looks good, Hellblade 2 looks good.

Heh…

Dreamcastguy is an obnoxious Sony fanboy. He knows nothing.

He’s arguing that Microsoft asking for a 5 day trial with an earlier start date, instead of a 2 day trial means Microsoft wants to quit.

I wouldn’t really consider this guy an objective person.

His channel is basically “Playstation good, Xbox Bad” for years.

“Exceptionally dishonest partisan hack” would be a better description.

As an XBOX fan, MSFT can really mess up a studio when they get involved.

Activision is much worse of course, but MSFT is an unknown, not a savior. If some beancounter wants to shelve OW2 or put it in maintenance mode to focus on other projects, don’t be surprised.

One of the world’s largest corporations is not here to save us all LMAO.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t consider Florian Müller an objective person either heh…

His Twitter is basically “Microsoft good, CMA bad”…

:wink:

1 Like

If somebody needs to lie to prove their argument, then they aren’t worth listening to.

I agree…

It’s why I don’t listen to FOSSpatents…

:thinking:

1 Like

Here’s a summary of Microsoft’s filed claim

Who cares Microsoft won’t make this company or game any less garbage. The damage has already been done.

2 Likes

Starfield better be good given how much money they’ve invested and even then their track record with titles they put lots of money into is hit or miss. Psychonauts 2 and Hifi Rush are good. Sea of Thieves is good now. Forza is getting samey, so consistency is good. Gears is spiraling out. Fable was basically a cinematic. Avowed looked considerably worse than before and hardly the game people expected. Hellblade 2 looks like a fine sequel to a game that was at best a AA game by a studio squeaking by with few resources. Ninja Theory’s track record is hit or miss.

Toss in Microsoft’s skipping 2022 completely, misses with Redfail that they happily trumpeted as a $70 masterpiece right up until the day it came out and Ghostwire Tokyo, a relatively disappointing Deathloop once the reviews faded, Halo Infinite and the Infinite Debacle, and a stunning inability by Microsoft to release games in the same time period when Sony is having zero problems releasing them…

I think Microsoft could well be a liability for the future of Activision. At least Kotick wants to release games, so he can sell them. Microsoft’s management style is so hands off it’s neglectful.

I wouldn’t be worried about Starfield,every RPG Bethesda made so far has been really popular (or one of the most successful games with Skyrim)

I cannot remember the last time I saw this large of an understatement.

I think it boils down to: Microsoft isn’t necessarily great, but they are a LOAD better than the current Activision execs. I know…low bar.

For me, the biggest boon is that in all likelihood the situation for Blizzard employees will get better. Which, in addition to just being good in its own right, it likely means better product for us as happier employees make better stuff.

In short, it may not make things good. But it will likely make things better. Which is something at least.

That’s the benefit of rock bottom. It’s all upwards from here.

1 Like

At this point I trust ActiBlizz to go deeper than rock bottom,the bar is in the Earth’s core.