Micro stuttering

You tried older drivers? Newest drivers aren’t always the solution.

1 Like

Yeah, after making this post I tried two older drivers but it didn’t help. I still have one more old driver on my desktop to test though. Will do that today but I don’t want to get my hopes up!

Get a better PC.

20 characters of more power

i7 9700k
32GB Ram
RTX 2080

:wink:

3 Likes

Be warned, this uses more CPU, and can cause stutter if bottlenecked.

If you don’t use your PC for professional stuff, maybe try disabling HPET.

1 Like

Same drivers are all up to date. Temps are fine, etc. Literally nothing has changed on my PC hardware or software in a while besides driver updates and every other game runs fine. Overwtch, on the other hand, after playing more than 2 matches my fps wil tank every x seconds or so. Restarting fixes for first few games and repeat. In fact I noticed this when the whole sigma/role q was on PTR and now happening in live

1 Like

Yup. Same here.

So I’ve tried the latest drivers and also several older ones. Nothing helps. The problem is clearly the Overwatch patch as it’s the only variable here (nothing in my hardware/settings has changed).

All I can do is hope that I have better luck with the next patch. Until then comp is not an option.

YES, this happened to me too.
was utorrent causing the problem for me, (could be another program)
no stuttering on my brand new laptop, just installed utorrent starts to stutter
tried this with another laptop same result
try resetting your PC

Could also be caused by a heavy CPU undervolt
Or if you play in borderless windowed

Same issue -

G-Sync on or off, run scan and repair defaulted graphics settings nothing fixes it its running displayed based FPS solid with no drops but in game as soon as the action gets up close an personal its like playing in tar.

32GB DDR4
GTX1080ti
100Hz 21:9 1440p
Run fine for years no FPS issues
all AIO cooled running less than 50C…

Look into HPET (High Precision Event Timer) in the BIOS/UEFI. Google will help you with the details (BIOS setting, bcdedit useplatformclock false are the keywords).

1 Like

Turn off Shader Cache in Nvidia Control Panel.

Are you secrely working for Nasa? :joy:

Try Riva tuner statistic server and cap the framerate their

I aapreciate there are work arounds for these types of issues however no one should have to change bios settings and run a 3rd party app for what was working 2 weeks ago on some very common components, would like to know what BUG fix nvidia dropped in the last driver for OW and how it effected things because it seems to have made things worse for people

all the noobs will cry drivers immediately. probably not drivers. might be a ram leak if yo use win 10

:joy: I think the game is using around 3 GB of memory which seems normal. I’m starting to think this is just something I’ll have to live with from now on.

löl, driver issues are way more common than memory leaks.
Any time I’ve had issues with framerate, it has resolved by rolling back or updating my graphics drivers… Ofc that might not be the case for everyone but still saying from my own experience, yeah, had way more issues with drivers than memory leaks during my 20 odd years of using PC’s.

Is it a pre-built PC or? Do you know what your motherboard is?

Built it myself. Motherboard is an Aorus Z390 Ultra. I never had any problems with the game until the Sigma patch. :sob:

do you know how to recognize a memory leak? heres the deal the game is loaded into ram, random access memory, if its microstuttering its because the file is not in ram when it seeks and is reading from the hdd, this will do 2 things, your ram usage will climb and your disk usage will climb and you will get micro stuttering. ive just fixed this problem for myself and IT WAS a ram leak. dont listen to pc noobs like DieBEETIS