Mic Issue: Unable to join voice chat (PS4)

Same thing has happened to me since the summer games event happened and it’s honestly so frustrating.

2 Likes

Update didn’t fix it just now. Still broken

2 Likes

Yep same here, I think it was just for the lag caused by voice lines. This is getting very annoying at this point. With the amount of people posting about it I’m surprised they havent acknowledge it.

1 Like

I’m still having the same issue but came to bump this for the threads because I’d really like to see any sort of acknowledgement whatsoever. Uninstalling and then reinstalling is my last course of action at this point. I’m hoping to avoid it because it takes so long and I’ve been absent from my group since this started.

2 Likes

I’ve refused to play comp until its resolved, nothing has changed on my end. I still play on like 20 ping so idk whats going on

2 Likes

Any updates anyone regarding this issue? I’m having the same problem

3 Likes

I’ve made my own post about the issue, and wanted to add to the replies in hopes it bumps it up and a dev sees it. Even the Wednesday maintenance didn’t fix it. I’ve been unable to use voice aside from TWO random occurrences where it connected (and I don’t know what happened to cause it to reconnect), only for a couple hours. Ever since Summer Games dropped, it’s been like this. It’s very frustrating.

3 Likes

While I know this isn’t the solution you all are looking for, I have devised a temporary fix for it.
Join into a custom games that has a match chat (The Murder Mystery ones usually have them.) and check to see if you can connect to the match chat. If you can’t, leave the game and then close your game entirely (To where the application isn’t running in the background) back to your PS4’s home screen. Rinse and repeat from there.
While it’s annoying to do this it will eventually let you use your mic, even if it is only for the period of time you plan to play. Once you turn your game off you will likely have to repeat the process all over. I usually only have to close my game 2, maybe 3 times before I finally gain access to voice chat.

1 Like

Can this work if you make your own custom game with match chat, or do you need to join a pre-existing one

1 Like

I’ve been having this issues for weeks and it’s very frustrating playing comp at higher elos and not being able to hear my team. I really hope they figure out what is causing this, I have a friend who is dealing with the same bug too.

2 Likes

They pull the crap of no reports for stuff on console all the time they dont care

1 Like

Still having this issue… I’ve deleted and redownloaded the game multiple times to no avail, bug is on both of my PS4 accounts. Has anyone found a fix yet?

1 Like

I’ve had this issue since the Summer Games update and never experienced it since the launch of the game. It has randomly worked a few times but I’ve uninstalled the app, reinstalled, closed the game, reset to default mapping, turned my console off and on… I don’t know what else to try but it’s hindering my ability to not only enjoy the game but to play with anyone. It’s incredibly lonely to play this without vocal cooperation.

1 Like

Same thing happened to me on the PS4, mostly my mic works fine but I can’t hear people in group or voice chat, not even myself, I went to see if I was muted but when I saw that my mute/unmute was missing, I begin to wonder if it was a small bug, I asked my friends and they said they were able to mute/unmute themselves, so I think this is just a huge bug that is happening to only a few people and I think that blizzard should help try to fix this problem within the next update, so that way people can begin to talk with their team.

1 Like

Tried many different ideas no luck here.

1 Like

An update on my version of the issue: It randomly worked last night. A total of 3 times I’ve been able to use voice since this issue started. But I’m noticing a pattern. Whenever I’m actually able to connect to voice chat (the last 2 times I’ve been connecting, it’s hard to test when I have no idea how to make it connect), it lags terribly and consistently.

I’ll admit my wifi isn’t great, so my connection CAN be a little unstable, but it’s a noticeable difference. When not connected to voice chat while the bug is going on, my game runs normally (abt 40 latency, maybe the rare lag spike for a second) at the times I play (1-3 am EST).

At those same play times, my game will suddenly spike every minute or so, and I will sit at 100-200 latency for more than ten seconds at a time (the last match I played had a lag spike of 20 seconds or more). The kind of lag where people float in the air before rubber banding into place, and I’ll slide around which makes it even harder to aim.

Again, it’s hard to test this theory, but I think voice chat is just so bugged that if it DOES connect, it begins to lag. Idk if it has to do with connection as well (voice chat never made it lag like this BEFORE so.), but… it’s very suspicious.

1 Like

Are they gonna fix this so many people are having issues and they are staying quiet … ever since summer games came out I havnt played cause the game isn’t enjoyable without a mic for me plz hmu if y’all find a solution but I’m guessing until they get over a thousand people complaining they won’t do anything

I have the same problem… im sad i just wanna talk to my team.

Ps4, have’nt been able to join any voice channels since the update.

3 Likes

As a console player, you may need to work through these specific steps to check for possible issues:

1. Check your network configuration to find any issues with your firewall, router, or port settings. (Note this may require a Windows computer connected to your local area network in order to complete this.)
  2. Uninstall and reinstall Overwatch from the PlayStation LiveArea menu. Highlight Overwatch, press options, and select the Uninstall option. Then reinstall the game by either inserting the game disc or redownload the software from the PlayStation Store (if purchased digitally).