Mercy's Winrate This Week

Moira has damage in her kit though, especially with balls as well as mobility that doesn’t rely on a teammate. Not necessarily disagreeing though, with Mercy 1.0 it was fine because she only had rez (hence why her healing rate wasn’t a problem), now she has E rez every 30 seconds and chain beams which is too much.

I really don’t think that’s possible. Someone has to be the lowest used character in the game. At the cost of characters being nerfed and buffed.

The damage really isn’t very worthwhile in a competitive setting (particularly damage balls, which you should barely even be using). That’s why Mercy was solidly ahead of Moira until the 50 hp/s nerf.

I think her balls do more than people think, but I do understand your point. I still think Mercy 2.0 just has way too much power in the wrong places.

2 Likes

The problem is, take away her utility and she has even less to do on the battlefield, which would make her more boring (at least to players like me).

Damage boost has been around since the game started and wasn’t ever considered a problem before the rework. More importantly - it doesn’t contribute as much as you think it does. A high rank Mercy damage boosts about 700- 1000 damage a game. A healing focused, yellow orb using, high rank Moira does about 6500 damage. An Ana does about 4500. Now, all of these damage types have advantages and disadvantages but the numbers are what they are.

Res is a form of burst healing. I think it was always meant to be viewed this way. However, I also think that res has to be removed. It’s causing too much trouble.

I’ve quantified these thing’s contributions in a previous post in case you’re interested. They don’t add nearly as much to her contribution as you make them out, and they’re lower than the aggression/utility other healers provide.

In any case, the devs absolutely should stick to her design. It’s a good design, and many people enjoy it very much. I know that you find her boring, and that you might dislike any character who is a “healbot”. But many of us do not. She’s the only character built to appeal to heal focused players, and she should stay heal focused.

Moira is supposed to be the superior group healer, Mercy is supposed to be better at single target. Even when Mercy was at 60 hps, she was not outhealing a Moira in a grouped up comp.

Mercy? True, but I personally hate power boost (I don’t think she needs it nor is it engaging), chain beams and rez on E. I’d love for rez to be on ult again and for her to have an E like Pacify (from Titanium’s thread) or something more engaging.

They were pretty close, but close healing plus one person has utility pretty much means they are just better.

Mercy is meant to appeal to a specific type of player. One who enjoys focusing on healing. It’s okay for her to be boring for players like you. Every other healer is meant to appeal to those players. Let’s let Mercy be appealing to the people who like her.

You know what would be a nice patch to see?

Mercy back to 55 hp/s so she competes a bit better.
Moira gets to heal through barriers again.

That would help both keep up with Ana a little better but I don’t think it would make either overpowered.

1 Like

Most people weren’t running the kinds of comps that are tight knit enough for Moira to shine, so her average healing was lower than what she can dish out in a super grouped up comp.

Moira is gonna always be better than Mercy for something like GOATS, which is where she can really shine.

Back to 60/hps like she deserves or go home I think.

If 60, statistically, was working and 50 wasn’t, I wouldn’t mess around with something that can do either.

It wasn’t.

She was overpowered and right back on her way to being a must pick.

Mercy 100% needs to go back to 60. They should stop playing with fire and put her back in a stable spot. They might need to tinker with res to do that, but that’s okay.

Moira should absolutely heal through barriers. It was a silly change that served no purpose.

Ana will be fine. Her ult buff was a huge buff.

She was overpowered because of something else. The only reason the heals nerf did something was because of the fact that the nerf to her heals was so huge. Resurrect on E was clearly the thing making her overpowered. The trend in her previous nerfs suggest this much.

1 Like

She had 60/hps before the rework, it clearly was not what was pushing her toward being a must pick.

2 Likes

[quote=“Mitrovarr-1405, post:374, topic:209556”]
She was overpowered and right back on her way to being a must pick.
[/quote

The buff was given so she could compete with the other supports.

And even then, she was still not picked in tournaments or anywhere Diamond+.

That screams OP to me.

The healing was never a problem, because it was weaker than any of the other main healers, it was just consistent.

But we’ve kind of shown that it wasn’t. It was her 60 hp/s all along.