Mercy's ultimate

I get in update seeing somebody used a post of mine to make a point and see “Oh hey great! It’s TrueNeural again. I’d love to see this conversation” only to find out that yet again we are having the conversation about how a forum poster absolutely refuses to stop using a term that at this point is KNOWN to be antagonistic and a common form of derailent.

Lovely.

I hate being on the same team as people who intentionally antagonize their opponents.

Anyway, back on topic, Blizzard probably sees it as a waist of resources to revert Mercy’s current ultimate, as they do take much time in deciding the play of a rework.

Looking at the past, Symmetra being the example here, they gave her a second rework instead of reverting her. I feel that it would be a safe assumption that if a major change to Mercy were to happen, it would indeed be another rework, rather than a revert.

I am not really looking forward to a second rework, as with every rework, Mercy’s kit would be a roulette. I am very happy with Mercy’s kit, regardless of whatever E ability she has. I realize this is only my opinion, but I would hate to see Mercy lose a part of her kit in a rework, which would indeed be possible. Even if the ult was reverted, not that I’m against it, it would suck if they have to take a hit at Mercy’s kit.

1 Like

every time a thread about mercy is made

3 Likes

I don’t feel this way until I see my two favorite forum posters, Revert and Dodo hashing it out in here :joy:

dammit i should have added one more with “mercy thread made by megadodo”

7 Likes

I’m one of your favorites?

Thank you :slight_smile:

I rarely if ever make threads, tho…and titanium’s last post was a month and a half ago

Absolutely! You and Revert both have such devotion to making sure your voices are heard.

As a Mercy main who is genuinely on both sides of the argument, I admire the way you guys both continue posting, despite how many people on these forums disagree with you guys.

Glad to hear it

Thanks again

thats why i added Etc at the end lol

I think there are a large number of pro mercy folks who are speaking out against the anti-Mercy stuff, not just me.

Quest, EOW, Undertone, Ravenna, Ryan, Healer, Grey…and many many others, too many to name. I don’t see it as just me, so for me that meme falls flat

From a previous discussion we’ve had regarding this terminology…

Judging by the responses you’ve received on this thread alone I would say there may be others who interpret that terminology as inflammatory. I really do think you should stop using it… Meanwhile I will take appropriate action…

1 Like

Um… what is appropriate action?

That is not what I wrote though. I wrote:

That means something very different from what you wrote. I am not saying that you are pushing an agenda for the purpose of polarizing the community, I am saying that it is a consequence of people continuing to push for Mass-rez to come back when I think Blizzard made it pretty clear that they won’t put it back.

I understand your position without agreeing with it

There is a very slippery slope here, where anyone can arbitrarily select an inoffensive word, declare it to be offensive, and proceed to action. If enough people move enough words from the inoffensive bucket to the offensive bucket, we will begin to see inability to communicate effectively or at all

1 Like

The vague threat of taking “appropriate action” to a very congenial poster just because they use a benign word that you do not like is not very conducive to discussion and further derails anything productive. Surely you recognize this?

2 Likes

Well, generally I agree with this, but “anti-Mercy” is a loaded word. Typically words containing “anti” risk becoming loaded. And since most people don’t bother reading up on your definition of the word I think they are naturally going to assume you mean it offensively and in an inflammatory way. I do not know how many angry replies you need to see until you accept that people will interpret it as something inflammatory…

1 Like

Well, Megadodo and I have been over this in detail in another thread (that one is also quoted from my post and you can see the full history there). While perhaps not super relevant for this thread, I do intend to point it out as I find the word demeaning to people who currently do not enjoy the current state of Mercy.

Anti terrorist
Anti cancer
Anti inflammatory
Antilock brakes

Anti Mercy = against Mercy, which they are not, even though it is in your opinion that they are. There are different iterations of Mercy. Anti-currentMercy would be a much more accurate term.

1 Like

And you know full well I could give you an extensive list of words which do become loaded with anti in it, though giving such a list would likely get me flagged and banned.

But I have seen your explanation of “Anti-Mercy” and I find it offensive and inflammatory.

1 Like