Mercy's ultimate

Factually I do think that. But also thanks for noticing! :kissing_heart:

1 Like

Oh trust me, I don’t think you’re cute for making fun of people.

Factually I’m not you have no proof.

2 Likes

Ok.

Making fun of someone’s specific pronunciation or tone of voice is completely different from making fun of their word choice.

Let me share with you the definition of factually: “with regard to what is actually the case; in relation to fact.”

For months now (I think… it’s starting to feel like years) I have been seeing that word used to introduce unproven statements and opinions, not facts. When someone continues to claim that what they say is fact when the claim is entirely subjective and has no basis beyond their own personal opinion, it tends to skew others’ view of them.

We’ve been over the definition of “factually”. While thinking about what makes it so irritating, consider the word “pretentious” and its meaning.

5 Likes

Insert the time somebody tried to defend them by using the example of:

“Factually I think blue is the best color.”

And proceeded how it’s not wrong because to them it’s “fact” while to everyone else it’s an opinion.

6 Likes

Y’all are so juvenile it’s unbelievable.

In truth, both of Mercy’s ultimates so far have been fatally flawed.

Thank you! I’ve been saying similar for ages now.

So, it’s alright for people to insult and rage at anyone who wants a positive Mercy experience, or -gods forbid- a return of Mass Rez. But, the minute there’s any retaliation or even any prodding at the Jenga tower of logic, or attempt to offer proof of their current negative experience with Mercy, suddenly they’re toxic, juvenile, and wrong?

4 Likes

Um, no? Making fun of the way someone talks is juvenile. But considering you like fighting with dodo, I doubt you care that people make fun of her either.

Jeff stated clearly some time back that Mercy will not be reverted

The devs described in-game behavior they observed that was connected with mass rez. they did not want this behavior to continue, so to ensure it stopped, they removed mass rez. thankfully.

1 Like

So making fun of someone choosing to change their forum name to what they want out of the game is alright, then? Or is it also juvenile? After all it’s totally not alright to vent frustration about someone here, right?

1 Like

That’s not exactly what was said, but close enough. They said they were putting chatter of it to rest. Mind, they could suddenly change their minds, but so far things are as they are.

I’m not talking about RevertMercy, in pretty strictly talking about instead of people attacking DoDo’s ideas like they should be, they are choosing to be bratty kids making fun of her vocabulary. That is juvenile.

Don’t get all hot and bothered just because you saw me defending DoDo.

Attack the logic if you must, but you’re pathetic if you just make fun of speech patterns.

2 Likes

You must know Dodo personally or something.

2 Likes

Personally, no, but plenty of interactions on the forum and a general set of morals that deem people pathetic for attacking people instead of their arguments just for fun.

1 Like

I do know some other OW players personally, but as far as I know none of these players are on the forums

This post derailed faster than I expected

1 Like

And all it took was ad homs instead of actually talking about mercy first lol

1 Like