Mercy's stats continue to fall

I never play mercy except in FFA which is fun. But I think she is the best designed hero and healer and need to be picked more.

There are plenty of Mercy mains who like her, there is this contingent that in some universe thinks Mass Rez will return, I assure it will not. And apparently given the sheer number of Mercy mains, I would guess at least a slim majority like her just as she is…

1 Like

Going to reply with less salt now:

Just remove rez, revert healing beam HPS, and give her a meaningful E that is either a cleanse, burst heal, or shield. Maybe work Valk into a powerful single-target beam.

KILL IT. I don’t want a hero picked for only one of their abilities.

5 Likes

If this is sarcasm, then your argument is to continue to wait?
Why?
She’s been on the decline for 2 weeks. How long do you want? Sombra was changed incredibly in just 2 weeks, so we know that 2 weeks is the ample time to harvest data.
PS: just because two houses are burning doesn’t mean you shouldn’t save the third one. Lucio and ana recently got buffed, and I don’t know if you’ve noticed but they’re getting a lot of play. They just need a couple more changes (Ana should reload faster and Lucio should either have a more reliable boop or a better heal range) and they will be perfect.
The argument that mercy should get some time being trash doesn’t make sense. There shouldn’t be a “flavor of the month” and heroes take turns being trash tier.
That’s not balance.
Say what you want, she’s clearly not performing at a main healer status. Eventually, she’s gonna need something to be relevant.

14 Likes

nothing against all mercy players, but since season 5 but she is 1 of the characters whereby the effort to do so is much less than with others.
either being buffed or being too meta.
now that the effect after 6 full seasons has worn off the after effects are kicking in.

similar can be said about the history of characters like Lucio and reinhardt.

No, Ana players HAVE voiced their opinions on ways to buff her, and yes they’ve been through to some extent (primary dmg buff, healing pass through, ammo). But NOWHERE was the level of complaining and self entitlement been as high as Mercy. Players blame themselves if they miss shots, if they’re getting out positioning etc. The only significant buffs I’ve seen people ask about Ana is a way for self healing/sustain so she doesn’t have to waste her nade on herself. But Blizzard gave something else, namely the nano buff. And THEY WERE FINE with it.

What do I see with Mercy ‘mains’ (I say main because I too play Mercy but I don’t think she’s broken)? Constant complaining about how IT’S BLIZZARD’S, or SOMEONE ELSE’S fault that Mercy is in the state she is and her w/r is dropping. Nothing about how she’s used incorrectly, because she DEFINITELY is being used incorrectly by people who play Mercy and ONLY Mercy. You can’t do that anymore. Please wake up. Ana could never be used in every map before, why can’t Mercy players learn this?

1 Like

There are plenty who do like her after her nerfs and thinks she is just fine. There are plenty of posts on here saying just as much. But there’s an even bigger amount saying otherwise. There is a massive amount of people wanting something different after 13 nerfs, proving that the rework was a massive flop and just a mess. Whether it was a revert with tweaks or another rework.

3 Likes

It’s entirely possible that mercy mains want to feel a sense of “woah our mercy just carried us” like literally every other hero in this game.
And now she has nothing that she can carry with. Every other hero in this game has a “wow” factor.
Not mercy.
Mass res used to be that, but now it’s gone, and mercy doesn’t have anything that makes her feel like the rest of the cast’s heroics, you know?
Like if widow lands 3 headshots in a row, or Lucio boops of 3 people, or zen kills a couple people and then saves the team with trans, only to kill more people after.
There’s nothing impactful with mercy.
That’s why mercy mains want something to be able to have their hero moment with.
But hey, just a thought.

28 Likes

You can use the number of posts here as proof, only complainers post. So, unless you can provide some way to measure that I just don’t buy it as precept.

Again, yes we could remove it as an E ability because it’s nothing but annoying and a chore to use.
And I have to disagree because Rez as an ultimate was a whole different story. It could be used in different situations with different outcomes and strategies. Legit, a good Mercy could have it in 30 seconds again.
You could tempo Rez, Mass Rez, rez only a few…there’s countless possibilities. It wasn’t a button to erase someone’s mistake, it was something that legit could turn the fight in the Mercy’s favor. Or it could cost her team the fight.

And are we not allowed to feel special just because we play the least “skilled” hero? If that’s your argument then I can do nothing but laugh. But no, we don’t want to be treated any else. We want our hero to be balanced and fun, we don’t want to be on the receiving end of a rework none of us asked for. We don’t want to be blamed for her being OP because I can assure you NO ONE liked it. We want to be heard and not ignored. We want to be taken serious just like the rest of the player base and get out of the “You just want Mercy to be OP” stereo type because, again, no one wanted or still wants that.
We have to endure nerfs that are absolutely not justified just because the developers can’t admit that the rework was a mistake. We’re told to suck it up and learn another hero. And that’s just not fair.

8 Likes

Yes, but not a pushed one. She need a rework well thinked. Without using pre-release idea

Hmmmm… now this argument does explain things as I suspected it’s more an emotional problem…

Forgetting Mass Rez, which is terribly unbalanced and according to many who lived through it, was not healthy for the game, what other “impacting ults” come to mind as part of a change?

Measure the amount of people who like her? I can’t do that. Obviously. But I have seen many posts about thinking mercy is just fine and that people like and still play her. Thats really all I can say :woman_shrugging: But if you mean measure the amount of people who don’t like where she is at, then you only need to look at the Top post right now at the amount of support it has behind it.

It’s not entirely a devotion to mass res, don’t misunderstand.
I’ll be perfectly fine with or without res at all, and if mercy can be taken back to primary healer status, I’m all for removing it.

I’m not sure what you mean by this, if you could clarify that would be great.
It’s not necessarily an emotional problem, what I said was true.
How often do you hear people saying “our mercy carried us”? If your a good mercy, your team won’t notice 9 times out of 10, and if your a bad one, the team is probably losing.
Mercy’s kit doesn’t have anything in it that makes her feel like a hero. Ana, Lucio, zen, and every other character has some way to make a huge impact on the game at once.
Mercy is basically a sidekick now, and maybe mass res shouldn’t come back, who knows?
But she needs something that gives her that burst impact. If that means removing res, I’ll be down for it.
If they removed scatter arrow, which appeared in a short, why can’t they remove res?

5 Likes

Again, the forums are not reality directly, they are only the words of a tiny minority who come on here… that’s the problem with saying it’s most, there is no way outside of looking at player rate of picks to judge a character’s “likeability” in my mind, which she seems to do still very well at. Maybe it’s the white panties… I don’t know…

It might be emotional for some. But not all. Mass rez wasn’t balanced or healthy at the time they reworked, it was awful. It had no counter play. It encouraged bad mercy positioning, bad positioning for the team, and so on, it was bad. And its even worse as an Ult as a basic ability. But mass rez COULD have been fixed. It could have been tweaked. Quite simply too. But the dev’s took the extreme side of things and gave us a monster instead.

6 Likes

I personally believe mass res could’ve used more work before jumping to rework status.
That should’ve been a last resort.
Now we’ll never know if mass res could’ve been balanced because they skipped the 10 other options phase and went to rework right away.

6 Likes

Use Valk and whip out that pistol for God’s sake. You have a way to differentiate yourself with a Bronze Mercy, why not use it? Don’t tell me she has no way to be impactful when actual pro players actually use valk for offense while t500 Mercy’s have a bible of sorts saying she should never shoot people. If you mean you want to be impactful with a press of a button, then sadly no. That’s not the way Blizz wants her to be anymore.

Ps: there’s a clip of Dafran literally solo killing a PharMercy duo solo with Valk, and that’s NOT at the expense of her team’s lives. THAT’S being impactful. Not hoping for an emergency ‘GO INSANSE’ button to pop up and save the day with a gentle press of a button.

3 Likes

I think you misunderstood something.
Mercy does 50 healing now.
Valk, therefore, does 50 healing to all targets.
She needs every amount of healing that she can put out to be put out.
If you ever take out your pistol, then your team is already winning, in which case valk probably wasn’t needed, or your doing something terribly wrong.
And no I don’t want her to be impactful at the press of a button. I want her to be impactful like literally every other character in this game.
Can you show me where blizz said that they don’t want mercy to be impactful anymore?
iirc, they said they want her to remain a strong pick, and intended for her to do more healing then any other support.
:thinking:

11 Likes

Dafran is a pro dps player isn’t he?
Of course he’s able to do that, but just because a pro did something one time doesn’t mean that every player in this game can do the same thing.
That’s like saying because jjonak can deal incredible amounts of damage “sniping” with zen, zen therefore needs falloff damage.

7 Likes