Mercys' so called "Niche" right now

It’s not the Mercy community that determines what’s in the patch notes.

They are ultimately powerless in this.

Out of interest, I checked, and this is the support only pickrates from each OWWC group, starting from the most recent:

Paris Group

• Lucio = 20:36:50
  • Brig = 14:29:30
  • Zen = 13:48:18
  • Ana = 09:21:56
  • Mercy = 05:19:52
  • Moira = 04:00:38

Bangkok Group

• Ana = 17:00:47
  • Lucio = 15:02:47
  • Brig = 12:40:01
  • Mercy = 09:39:01
  • Zen = 09:30:34
  • Moira = 02:37:00

Los Angeles Group

• Lucio = 12:52:46
  • Ana = 10:55:26
  • Brig = 07:19:14
  • Mercy = 06:38:27
  • Moira = 06:14:01
  • Zen = 05:13:46

Incheon Group (pre-support changes)

• Zen = 16:10:04
  • Mercy = 15:35:54
  • Brig = 05:11:32
  • Lucio = 04:00:51
  • Moira = 02:42:12
  • Ana = 02:22:04

And just to summarise:

LA+Bangkok+Paris (all post-support changes)

• Lucio = 48:32:23
  • Ana = 37:18:09
  • Brig = 34:28:45
  • Zen = 28:32:38
  • Mercy = 21:37:20
  • Moira = 12:51:39
5 Likes

Dont worry they will fix her in like 2 years or so.

Yes he definitely is. Almost as stubborn as we are when it comes to Mercy changes. :stuck_out_tongue:

Tbh I dont care as much about mass-rez as long as they remove valk forever and ever from the game. I really hate that piece of garbage and would burn it with everything there is in a heartbeat if I could. Would maybe even give up rez at all if they kick out that terrible design flaw they revived.

Yes! Mercy is weak right now! I miss when she was a must pick in every game!

1 Like

As the main guy on the forums who was suggesting 50hps in the first place, I disagree.

And that’s ok when you take into account the skill of the players in OWWC, far from useless like the mercy mains claim she is. You don’t see moira mains crying for buffs either despite her pickrate.

Not really rank shaming but people who don’t know how to play the game shouldn’t pretend they know how to balance the game.

Eh, it could work. I remember the devs saying something about a burst heal for Mercy, though they scrapped it for whatever reason.

But you don’t think an 80 hps boost won’t inflate her healing again? That’s a potential 800 hp burst during Valk.

1 Like

Well, it would mean 60 additional HP.

Since it would be +30hps for 2 seconds.

Which is nice, but not amazing.

Moira needs the “bug fix” on healing through barriers removed, that was the one thing that gave pro players reason to pick her over Ana.

It may not seem like she needs help, but consider this:

• Goats is currently meta
  • Traditional Goats (ie the original version of it) had Moira as one of the 3 supports, with Lucio and Brig
  • Despite this, she’s almost universally bottom of the support pile, only moving above Zen in LA, and Ana in Incheon pre-support changes

If they want to balance around pro play, which seems to be the case, then Moira should get a buff

1 Like

Very much this, Valkeryie is just an abomination of an ultimate, it offers very little impact and you actually do less during it, there is a reason its called a glorified camera mode. Give her something that requires more from the player and lets us play the game again for those 15 seconds.

1 Like

Which is nice, because it fits her theme of “rescuing” her teammates.

But this would increase her overall healing, which is why she was nerfed to 50 hps in the first place. I’m not saying I’m against the idea, just that it goes against their current balance strategy. Maybe.

She’s a close range healer and she should be able to heal through shields because she wants to play in brawly comps where shields can block her healing.

Well I think the real reason she was nerfed was because her pickrate.

And the 60hps with no aiming or resources was a big part of it.

This on the other hand would still allow her to have impact, but a lot more thought would need to go into it.

Spend the burst heal on someone means it won’t be available for 10 seconds on someone else.

If they were going by pickrates then why wasn’t Reinhardt nerfed?

I still believe Mercy needed the 60 hps to function because she’s the only healer (Ana as well to an extent) who is stuck doing ONE THING at a time. That’s also one less person shooting at your team.

It was the chain healing, which is something she didn’t need, that pushed her numbers over the edge.

3 Likes

This is probably the best description for current mercy.

She’s a pocket to other people who are actually having fun.

5 Likes

I’m not sure why they feel she needs that chain heal so much, its removes player agency, and while it offers great overall power, it doesn’t offer throughput power where it matters most, single target, thus allowing players to still die due to focus fire quite easily during a supports ultimate, which is almost insulting.

This made me laugh :rofl:

1 Like

Mercy’s niche is back to pocketing Pharah/Widowmaker/Hanzo/Hitscans. Back to where we started before the rework except now we have a overly buffed ability as an ultimate and a watered down ultimate as an ability.

I extremely doubt you had any impact in that area. I could say Hogs hook cooldown will go to 6 seconds. The next patch the devs could have made it 6 seconds, but that doesnt mean anything. It just means the devs made a change, and I made a lucky guess.

4 Likes

Give a moira buff I see it hard. Moira if you increase its values you can get to the meta quad tank. But it is true moira has problems as serious as mercy. But I think it is the concept of moira that is wrong, does so many healings also does damage (less than zenyatta), but in addition to this is not useful to the team. Moira and mercy need a rework to stabilize them.
As a user moira, I’m afraid of a rework :fearful: