Mercy's Situation is NOT fair!

Except is wasn’t a problem.

You say that, but Valkyrie was literally removed from the game and replaced by Resurrect in the alpha stages of the game.

6 Likes

Big Facts. Valk is a wonderful offensive ultimate.

1 Like

And i want to remember you all that is this rework who bring us that unberable moth-meta for like 6 months. This was oppresive, not the res on the q.

7 Likes

All for a Mercy 3.0!

7 Likes

I disagree, To me they don’t care anymore or at least they stopped pretending to.
Mercy will never get any positive changes unless a streamer say something, they don’t care about her mains opinions.

Theres like two thing you can do in Valk; damage boost or heal. unless you’ll activating it and spinning in circles you can’t really use it wrong.

6 Likes

But it was their original intention. They changed it for Mass Rez because Valk was OP, but then they decided MR was unhealthy as well. So they went back to the original.

No it clearly was, they changed it because it was in fact a problem. You and me may agree it wasn’t nearly as bad of a problem as people made it out to be but it still clearly had it’s flaws.

And yet they brought it back, cause you know, it fits with the main healer pattern.

1 Like

Except only one can be used at a time.

So it’s jack of… one thing. Until you decide to use another thing.

6 Likes

Trans is better for healing through burst damage. That’s it. Valk is better for boosting damage, causing damage, sustaining a team though long fights, upping mobility, and well…every other thing in the game.

They’re not similar ults and they’re not realistically comparable. They have completely different ults. If you’ve been trying to use Valk to stop gravs, it’s your own fault for thinking it’s useless.

3 Likes

I’m totally down!

2 Likes

Tbh, they should rework the current Mercy ult/bring back the old one but it’ll be like Zarya’s, hard to get but worth it in the end and game changing/add to her abillities a buff (instead of nerfing her all day) so the ult will be worth it.

2 Likes

Exactly.

For some reason people have it in their heads that support ult must equal team saving ult. As such they keep trying to use it at the end of a fight then complain that it doesn’t do the job it was obviously not intended for.

It gives your full team a constant buff that becomes more apparent as the fight goes on. Thus saving it to try to close out a fight or save it at the last second is never going to work. It’s almost been a year and so many people still haven’t figured this out, it’s actually sad.

7 Likes

This clearly illustrates how little you actually know about our positions.

We want rez off Mercy’s E. Not only is it a pain in the rear from a gameplay standpoint, but it is suicide from a balance standpoint. Resurrect on E is why Mercy has been (still is) overpowered.

7 Likes

What?? If she can do BOTH things on command, then they shouldn’t be as strong as a single use ultimate. It’s like buying a cheese stick vs a cheese and meat stick.

4 Likes

I’m not trying that because it doesn’t work. Valk is just ResidentSleeper and does not feel like a impactful ultimate. It feels more like a decent self-boost ability

2 Likes

:pray:

This is my biggest gripe with mercy mains and this argument. I completely agree it isn’t nearly as flashy as mass res was, but it’s clearly got huge potential that for some reason keeps being downplayed.

4 Likes

This. They use it as a team saving ultimate, then complain when it doesn’t team save. It might not be as exciting, but it’s stupid strong.

3 Likes

You are right, it isn’t fair at all. It isn’t fair that since her rework Mercy has been picked in 95% of OWL games and is consistently the best healer in the game and was the gold standard for all supports. She had the simplest design, a very high skill ceiling with a low skill floor, highly mobile, massively impactful abilities (dare I say MOST impactful?!), and by far the best at handling the “plate spinning”-like gameplay that comes with being a support.

And she’s done this now for 11 months. Mercy’s minor nerf is fine. It isn’t necessarily in the right place, and should have been more targeted at Resurrect or Damage Boost, but the buffs to heroes around her puts them in contention to be picked as well.

2 Likes

I had this mentality with mercy before I realised that mercy will not be reverted. She will be nerfed more or eventually reworked. So my advice (kind advice)

Stop complaining about mercy and try and work with what you’ve got. I mean they could’ve destroyed mercy but they haven’t. They could’ve put a cap of 2 on Rez and put lots of restrictions on it and kept it a ultimate with no midfight.

I saw a thread earlier today talking about mercy from a design standpoint. Reworked mercy has not got a very strong end fight but she’s has a extremely strong start fight and mid fight capability.

Mercy before rework had only a strong end fight (teams death) and no start fight or mid fight capabilities.

Current mercy seems weak but she offers a lot more capabilities all the way through a fight (which was what her rework was intended to do) she is also a main healer who puts out insane amounts of healing.

Let’s look at what the most common solution to mercy boring problems (most of these suggestions are from mercy mains btw) they want Valkyrie on E, mass ressurect and they want strong healing output to remain 60HPS.

What you all don’t realise is that makes mercy a must pick no matter what. A main healer with insanely healing potential having a extremely strong ultimate with a strong E ability which heightens her surviability. She is the perfect healer all the way through a fight which would take Ana and moira out of the game permanently.

Mercy is very complicated and I understand that it’s hard to have your favourite healer reworked and nerfed 13 time should and keep being told it’s a success. Trust me I know the feeling I main mercy too but they are trying to balance a rework that they rushed to make and put little thought into so it could be sent to live to please the majority’s of the player base! Seagull amd XQC (I’m calling them out). I mean they literally recycled a ability set they deemed unhealthy for mercy and the game but it was very rushed so we (mercy mains) got a taste of her with too much power and now they are trying to get her to the intended power level they’d desire.

Imo she hasn’t been nerfed so much because they thought. Oh this nerf will do it, it will bring other supports back easily and when it doesn’t they make another small tweak because they obviously don’t want to push her over the edge and they think that’d Be enoug. Unfortunately that hasn’t been the case hence so many nerfs to her rework.

So I would like to say, it is not unfair that mercy is being nerfed. She is being balanced to fit in the game and fit with the supports instead of outshining them. It sucks and I hope they revisit her and make her fun again wether it be revert, buffs or andother rework, but for now I am working with mercy now. Learning her, with each nerf comes skill. (Excluding Rez on cooldown because ugh) but with her nerfs you can show how much skill it took to get that 12k healing, how important guardian angel is.

Please just branch out to more heroes, I think you’d find mercy is very equal with the other supports if not a little below ana and moira which isn’t bad because again (Rez is gamchanging no matter what you do with it). I’d recommend playing ana. I’ve been loving her and I’m glad I can play her because I realised how hard she is and how good it feels to get better at a hero, I’ve been a mercy main for 300 hours. I’d go to to gm. Perfected mercy and her rework and I felt empty bored then bam new hero to learn because my main doesn’t have to be in every game.

3 Likes