Mercy's Situation is NOT fair!

When has it not been the case?

1 Like

It isn’t a rule, but it is definitely a pattern. Main healer’s ultimates keep healing, outside of Ana, and off healers tend to save the team.

4 Likes

Quote incoming.

The one downside Supercharger has in comparison to Valkyrie is that it needs to be protected, but considering the rest of Orisa’s kit, that isn’t terribly difficult. She has her barrier to cover it and her hitbox is a good size to body-block enemies from attacking the drum, especially with Fortify to help her do so. The only good options there are to destroy the Supercharger are to flank or to get in close… neither of which are great ideas when the entire enemy team is dealing 150% of their normal damage output.

25 meter range solves that problem.

Not changing the way someone plays is a hell of a lot better than turning someone into a spectator.

8 Likes

Valkyrie is easily the most versatile ult in the game and it can be hugely impactful when used correctly. It’s by no means a bad ult. What it does not do (and isn’t meant to do) is out-heal incoming burst damage from ults and such. If you don’t try to use it for that, it’s basically a free fight win. That’s game-changing to me.

3 Likes

Well, there was Mercy 1.x…

11 Likes

To be fair they kind of fixed that with the recent buff to Ana, but the 50% damage resistance was a lot more powerful than people gave it credit for, mostly cause it was not nearly as flashy as a nano blade.

1 Like

Yeah, and that was clearly a problem that was fixed. Mercy was intended to have the current ultimate she has now.

1 Like

I don’t get why people think this is a valid argument.

Valk can do the two things, boost and heal. Obviously when it had two uses, neither use should be better than that of a single-use ult. Jack of all, Master of none is one of the most basic balance rules.

7 Likes

It’s not that they don’t care. It’s that they don’t agree. No matter how many people post every day that “Valk is bad”, it won’t change the fact that it’s not and they just don’t know how to use it. That’s why it won’t see changes.

5 Likes

Don’t bother my friend. Mercy mains will forever think their curvy swiss babe is under powered. You could literally give her instant rez on no cool down and you’d still find people like that on these forums.

Just in a previous post I was told to “just shoot the valking mercy, it’s a widow’s job to click on her head while flying”.

4 Likes

This. Versatility is the whole point of it. You can go from chain healing, to damage boosting, to chasing somebody down with an unlimited-ammo pistol in a moment’s notice (all while literally flying, by the way). It’s massively useful when it’s used correctly and not like a trans or a sound barrier.

I love how people are trying to justify the new ultimate. the ultimate is GARBAGE. She just flies around until soldier 69 or mccree ult and does nothing but healing 2-4 targets.

“But she heals everyone for 50 hp per second!” Guess what, Zenyatta heals everyone for 300 hp per second!
“But Mercy can heal her whole team for much longer!” First of all her ult does rarely ever connect with everyone and 50 hp is nothing when your team is sitting in a graviton while getting eaten by Hanzos ult.

10 Likes

Yeah, Mercy’s ult ain’t the best right now, especially when your team gets wiped as you’re healing and you’re just left there dumb-struck and feeling useless lol.

Also, I don’t see the point in her having infinite ammo in ult form, since it promotes her to not heal and be aggressive (it can work to be aggressive, but it also works with limited ammo); that would be a more reasonable nerf to her tbh, than less healing.

Plus, it’s way harder to heal 4-5 dps now as Mercy, compared to the previous patch, where you could at least get people back in the fight quicker, now it’s like all the 4-5 dps spamming for heals and waiting in line, some near, some far like Widow and Hanzo (worse it when they don’t peak out, when you say ‘come to me for healing!’).

10 Likes

It really isn’t hard if you’re flanking as someone like Tracer- blink in, clip it, recall out. It’s on the user.

Yet if someone is out of it’s range, you can’t reposition it to a more effective area. I’d say that’s a downside.

I think saying you’re turned into a spectator is a big exaggeration. Either way, a lot of people have more fun with her post rework.

2 Likes

for 15 seconds no less. I’m pretty sure that’s still the longest ult in the game

3 Likes

It’s not meant to counter gravs. Yeah, it heals for longer and has a MUCH bigger range than Zen’s ult. She’s also ridiculously mobile while it’s up and can heal from really far away. Getting killed by a hitscan ult just means that Mercy was out of position and it’s her own fault. It also does much more than Trans does. There are many more options with it. Don’t try to use it to save people from burst damage and it’ll feel more impactful. It’s not for that. It’s for sustaining your team through a fight and giving them a HUGE edge during it.

1 Like

Congratulation, you joked yourself. Every normal Mercy main has always ranted about her being oppressive to fight against. Again, no one asked for this trash rework, apart from some salty player and the mighty streamers.

10 Likes

Maybe try using it offensively instead of thinking it should take over another supports place and be a team saving defensive ult

4 Likes

Trans is 100x better than Valk and I usually swap to Zen as soon as I see Zarya, Pharah or Hanzo in any combination but Mercy is useless against them. It takes one good ult and your team is gone where Lucio and Zenyatta just press Q and save their whole team.

2 Likes

Everytime i discuss Mercy on these forums, I regret it. Some Mercy mains are just completely unreasonable and ignorant. I think there’s a few exceptions, such as Titanium. But then you have people that are just rude and annoying like Aria Rose, who expects everything to be handed to her and hardly understands the game outside of Mercy’s PoV from what I’ve gathered.

1 Like