Mercy's Situation is NOT fair!

You’d lose less SR depending on the amount of resses you get.

Lots of resses = more sr to win and less sr to lose

Minimal amount of resses= less sr to win and more sr to lose.

Yeah, don’t use any ultimates in a 5v6 and use ultimates after the mercy ults. Easy clap.

If the team with the mercy is garbage… I’m sorry but the only reasonable way to get a pick in a 5v6 is to expend an ultimate.

But because you say it’s a tactic that is disadvantageous, it should result in more losses overall. The small -/+5 SR you get/lose can’t overcome entire losses.

Forgot to add: lots of people used the hide n res strategy because of garbage tutorials that surfaced of players saying that hiding is the best strategy.

Hence why most Mercy’s in GM had a negative winrate. They were earning more than they were losing. It is a disadvantageous strategy and makes your career profile look like s***.

You are vastly underestimating how much of a difference the skill based SR system made.

There were literally Mercy mains with 40% win rates or less who were staying in GM

1 Like

I good refference table/stats could strenghten your point here.

In GM people receive, from what i saw, 20 SR point at best. They receive less SR per wins, because they are the best afterall.

Also, you mention “staying” in a rank, which is still something you can do even with a negative winrate. 40% is not that big of a deal.

It was kinda a known fact. I mean, I always used to watch streams and most of the time, when you check the Mercy’s career profile up they have a negative winrate. As for a table, it was made before by my friend. I need to ask her to give me it. I’ll try to get it :stuck_out_tongue:

I just thought to post this thanks for getting it for me

Is this good enough?

(If the bookmark didn’t work it’s at around 3:35).

If you are losing more games than you are winning with your strategy you are clearly doing something wrong which is why “Hide n Res” was a garbage strategy that was used a lot. You’d lose more with it (making it a bad strategy) but the system rewards you for it (making people think that it’s a good strategy hence why it was widely used). Only good Mercy’s at the time such as EeveeA knew that “Hide n Res” was a bad strategy which is why in most of his clips he stuck with tempo rezzing.

funny how you mention that her team would be coordinating. hmm, wondering what the enemy team would be doing? :thinking:

it’s coordination vs coordination so if the enemy decides to focus an ult on an ulting mercy that’s called coordination btw then I don’t see how “difficult” it is to deal with her. not my fault enemy team forgets to focus me when i ult. it’s their job lol and since I’m ulting, I’d say it’s pretty fair to use one to take her down and proceed to take her teammates down.

People don’t even bother focusing Mercy anymore. They one shot her team mates so she has nobody to heal because her bunny hopping 30m+ around isn’t worth playing cat and mouse over.

Mercy’s ultimate makers her almost unkillable by most of the cast.

1 Like

While I understand that some people feel that Mercy is hard to handle at times, I feel like this nerf was a bit unnecessary. I completely understand where some people are coming from when they say she is really hard to kill and overall annoying with her ult. I also understand how it feels to be the Mercy on a team as well. I have enough hours on Mercy to know that the only reason she survives in most situations is because the hero she is healing takes the damage that would otherwise go to her. With the new nerf, less damage is being healed, which means that it is easier to kill both the hero and the Mercy attached. I’m used to getting at least 6,000 heals per quickplay match, but with the new update I couldn’t even reach 2,000. This nerf may look insignificant and small, but it makes a huge difference. Mercy has an extremely lower survival rate (for me, at least) and has significantly less healing potential.

As for the (relatively) new ult, I actually don’t mind it. Sure, it was a lot of fun to res up to 5 people at one point in time, but statistically I have more heals with this ult. With the recent nerf, however, this is not the case. Now, even when I’m using my ult, my entire team still dies. I feel like the ult is useless in healing anybody and only attracts unwanted attention (which again ends up killing me).

I have about 80 hours on mercy. This doesn’t make me ‘good’ or ‘bad’ at playing her in any sense. With these hours I have memorized how much she can do and when she needs to get the heck outta dodge. With this new update, I feel like anything can kill me at any point in time, which means I now have to re-learn the hero that I thought I knew how to play.

TL;DR: I understand why people wanted the nerf, but it makes Mercy so easy to kill that it’s frustrating to play her. Her new ult, which I actually didn’t mind before, barely heals the team.

It would be nice if this was fixed, but let’s be real. I’m gonna have to re-learn how to play this paper-thin version of Mercy.

2 Likes

I’m sorry to say but writing this on the forum is pointless. Needs streamers to address this. Blizz doesn’t care about forum, they only hear from streamers sadly, and so many streamers are DPS mains, so Mercy has become a victim, an unfun to play against victim.

Agree to disagree, they made it so that the only way to address an issue is via forums.

76 & McCree’s ultimates would like a moment of your time.

Agreed. They should have at least reverted the GA back to its original mobility speed if they were going to effect how long it takes to heal.

Because she gets put in spectator mode ¯\…(ツ)…/¯

An unkillable healer’s a pretty nice thing for your team to have.