Mercy seriously needs a buff

So if she’s fine there is no point to this thread.

2 Likes

Okay, as a 200 hour mercy main, I’m gonna put my thoughts on the table.

Does she need a buff? Yes and no.

Currently, she is balanced; her kit provides good consistent heals and remains to be the only hero who can damage boost when she pleases. So to that extent, I’d say she doesn’t need a buff.

If she was going to be buffed, I’d say it needs to be Valkyrie that needs the buff. It’s an ultimate, yet a lot of mercy mains, myself included and this isn’t all, treat Valkyrie like an additional cool down as its power now isn’t as strong as it used to be and has nowhere near the strength of the other support ultimates in the game. And I’d say all she needs is a single rez on the same cooldown, but during Valkyrie the rez is instant and if rez is on cooldown, it’s reset but at the cost of having a longer cooldown when you cast rez in Valkyrie. I don’t know how complicated this would be to code (maybe someone could try something like this in the workshop, because my knowledge of coding is atrocious), but I think if mercy needed a buff, something like this would surfice as it makes her stronger but has enough drawbacks to not make her a moth again.

Edit: I realise my explanation if the rez cooldown was awful, let me rephrase it:

Cooldown is 30 seconds. If it’s on cooldown as you activate Valkyrie, it’s reset, you use it, and it goes on a longer cooldown (up to 35 seconds). This still makes it so mercy’s not popping rezzes like tictacs, but also provides more impact to the ultimate with rez now being instant during Valkyrie

i highly recommend that you play her for yourself before saying stuff like this!

no i didn’t

“this character is not like the other ones and i don’t like that and if she was you would’ve been bad at her waaaah!”
and you tell me i’m the one who’s whining

feel free to press the up arrow on the right to figure out what i was talking about

yes, yes, she doesn’t require aiming

they’re not support heroes!

it’s not landing those shots that makes your your teammates happy it’s the importance of it i mean 4 man rezzes used to get celebrated all the time bc of how important it was to get em off and it required no aiming and next to no skill

i never used the word fun and neither did you… so why are you bringing it up?

not necessarily i mean let’s go w/ the cat analogy how would 20 cats make it more interesting i can see the ad right now “they couldn’t herd 10 cats blindfolded but can they do it w/ 20 cats?”

yes

so… doomfist was totally bug free when he got added to the game right?

then don’t blame me for doing it!

yeah how dare i disagree w/ you!

u2 :heart:

The thing is, Is that back when ppl cried that Mercy is sooo op with Mass Rez before Ana was released. The supports were very bad back then. Mercy seems like crazy OP because there was no good healers back then. Mass Rez in the current Overwatch I feel will move her back to the light.
Ana needs to be looked at imo because of the other healers. Ana seems kinda crazy to me tbh… All in all something needs to happen and I have a feeling we will get one more Mercy buff and that’s it for a while… or until people complain about Echos kit being OP :roll_eyes:

No, it’s not. You only need to flick to damage boost for half a second to boost most attacks, lmao. Learn how to damage boost shots and swings and projectiles properly and you barely lose any healing downtime.

She may actually need a nerf soon.
Without 3 tanks to heal, ana is very likely to fall behind.

How is this whining i am literally calling her fine unlike you, like legit, why are you trying to just be annoying and in the way of discussing by throwing these random statements as you see fit.

Then stop responding to me, if your just gonna be a nuissance, what do you wan´t you are borderline inept.

Good, now understand, what that means.

You were the one, who refused my logical conclusion that Healers are main priorities, with Mercy is higher priority cause of her mobility, now if that was the case, why isn´t the characters i listed high priority targets as well, heck even moira ? People will kill a Zen or Ana over all these other characters in comparison.

This is just factually incorrect as well, it wasn´t outright easy, it was a very specific scenario and required good timing to execute, people were mad at it casue it was proved, that mercy players abused it by prioritizing those plays over winning and healing their team. It is like you are completely unable to understand all the previous aspects to the conclusions you make. Extremely worrisome.

Cause it offers more variables and less leniency. Are you really this …

So you are inept. Yes.

One more time, shifting the goal post, you know just ignoring an argument and shouting words, just makes you more laughable.

You wanted changes. Changes that aren´t justified at all logically. Dont back out of it now.

learn what a discussion is please, “Disagreeing”, sure you can call it that, doens´t make anything you even stated factually right or logical. You are just shooting straight from your mouth, the first thought that comes to your mind and it is quite obvious.

please leave me alone

Ana was never more of the main healer in Goats than Moira goats was at times. Mercy will likely become second healer, since 2 main heals are getting meta now.

With respect, the problem is, when Mercy is healing someone, that is the only thing she can do. She can’t be simultaneously dealing damage with an orb and healing with left mouse button, she can’t simultaneously heal and use utility or burst heal. When her healing beam is attached, that is all she can do.
If her target, her singular target for whom she momentarily ignores everyone else, for whom she prioritizes her single-target healing, gets taken down while she’s healing them then I would argue it pretty much negates her usefulness entirely.

1 Like

[Edit:] you know what actually i’m tired of this too sorry if i upset you!

She is not meant to do dmg. But she has other abilities … rezz can be very usefull, her heal is consistent and guardian angel get you out of danger or to someone who needs healing almost instantly. Mercy is more than a walking M1 button. 60 hps was almost unkillable for many heroes and it had to go.