Mercy’s Pistol: Hitscan

Pistol is fair and balanced

i use the pistol really often, like every opportunity i can find to get a kill i use it. If you remove pistol mercy actually has nothing to actually be able to carry her team, not like theres much now. But its something.

I wasn’t talking about getting rid of her pistol and leaving her as she is now. I was more curious if Mercy players would consider trading her only line of personal defence for much stronger healing and/or mass rez. Because I feel that this would help with a lot of balance issues.

bot…? I battle mercy all the time. Normally in my mid master games but im also on a 4k team where i battle mercy reaaaly often. Even ask my team. (they think im insane)

I like her pistol as it is now since I’m bad at aiming but better at predicting where someone is going to go. I also only use the pistol if I’m being attacked and not defended/have nowhere to fly away to, anyway.

I love her Pistol - I mean, I guess it comes down to what you imagine when you say “hitscan pistol”.

I want Sombra’s gun to become a projectile weapon so she can poke and kill from more ranges. If you made Mercy’s pistol hitscan, it would only feel weaker unless you basically gave her Mccree’s gun.

Make it hitscan make me top 500

1 Like

“Pure healer” tell that to the devs and the recent changes. It seems like they are trying to steer Mercy away from healing and more to damage boost and rez, Battle Mercy.

Agreed honestly.
It’s like Rein, he is a main tank. Of course he will be the most picked. He was the most picked tank since the game even began.
Although, no one is saying he is OP or complaining about him or reworking and nerfing him.
People just hate supports or Mercy I guess, cuz “muh skill,” “muh play got outplayed by a support” and “muh traditional FPS.”

1 Like

Honestly, at this point. I believe this will be the best decision for her. Blizzard doesn’t seem like they’re listening and even pushing her towards ‘Battle Mercy.’

This should be interesting.

1 Like

Mercy has the best offense weapon in the game?
Zenyatta’s discord orb and 2 shot on Tracer says ‘hi.’

Even making them simply faster would be nice.
Also I need to convert my controls to be battle mercy friendly.Upper side mouse button for staff,scrolling button for pistol.

1 Like

Make them hitscan or increase the projectile speed. I’m always down for a better weapon.

And let’s be honest. People are going to use her pistol anyway. Might as well make it so that when your Mercy is going in guns blazing, at least she’s also not complete garbage at it.

People asking for a pistol buff is kind of a bad symptom. Mercy is in a really bad spot.

So, further lead her astray from being a healer and encourage Battle Mercy? How about rework her into a DPS? Drop the staff, give her a Light Rifle, and let her use her wings to strike people.

1 Like

No, as the hybrid healers who pay a big price in healing have no such option. Mercy’s pistol already does plenty of damage (twice the damage output of Moira, and no pause between loads like Lucio) has no damage falloff, and fires 5 shots per second until reload, keeping the pressure up. She doesnt need hitscan too.

Learn to lead. I’ve learned how to be very effective with Lucio and his gun is way worse than Mercy’s.

If only her healing wasn’t trash.

Lol, you’re not paying attention to the lore properly. You’re also not playing mercy right if you’re not using the pistol.

She doesnt need to be hitscan, but a damage increase the projectiles would be awesome. She needs more of a bite to her now she’s lost her healing.

Agree.

Making Mercy hitscan would mean giving her falloff, and one huge strength to her gun is the lack of that falloff.

Plus, can you imagine Valk hitscan Mercy? That sounds nightmarish.

1 Like