Mercy’s Pistol: Hitscan

Either way it is way too generous.

1 Like

I mean, the training bots’ head hitboxes have always been massive, so I’d say that maybe that’s an issue with them rather than Mercy.

1 Like

You can test it out with mccree and they aree much tighter.

1 Like

Thats not a matter of generous hitboxes, its a matter of projectile weapons. Her projectile goes from her chest meaning that the closer she is to the target it will hit the target at a bigger angle.

Its also the reason why on Mercy (and to lesser extent on baby Dva) the only way to get crit head shots in close range is to aim well above the actual head (you get the sound cue if you aim directly but not the dmg, the dmg will be the same as a body shot). And this needs to be adjusted based on the distance between them. as the intersection of mercys projectile with the targets crit box changes depending on the distance of Mercy and her target. It actually makes it harder to get crits, and aim well, cause you have to make up for the projectile speed, the intersection of the projectile and the targets crit box and the speed and movement of the target.

Making her weapon a hitscan would literally make that effect not happen, and make her hitbox and crit box ‘‘normal’’.

1 Like

Wait you think that aiming at a point almost twice the size of a tagret isnt generous?

What about on the left and the right that’s also overly generous?

Has nothing to do with where the bullet comes from and everything to do with it being designed to be easier to hit than hitscan for example.

1 Like

I’m quite literally sniping the bots from the whole training room distance and aiming miles over/under/side to side of the bot’s models and still getting hits.

Are you sure about the projectile theory?

1 Like

I always thought mercy should be able to 30hp of burst healing by shootings at allies.

1 Like

Again the hit box doesnt change at all, its about the fact that the projectile has a trajectory that in different ranges intersects with the targets hitbox at different spots. Thats why at say 20 meters you cant shoot a head above the targets head. You can however at 5 meters and standing straight in front of the target you need to aim even further above to get crit shot dmg to make the projectile intersect at the point of the targets crit box.

You are quite literally lying, cause I just came from the training room. At max distance you need to be within the visual hit box of the bot to get a hit. Right side bots with a nice distance layout that kill friendly bots).

mercy’s pistol is used to kill off heroes that are low on health, making it hitscan would make players overuse it

its not actually useful for defense unless the player she is shooting at is a bot

Wait you are calling me a liar? lmfao ok i’m going to record it then and laugh in your face.

I actually like the Projectiles, since combined with the high RoF and hitbox they can’t really be ADADAD’ed with proper shot distribution.

I also find projectiles easier to strafe-shoot with, but that’s probably just me being a largely projectile player.

Yea totally aiming at the model at all times here. /s

1 Like

Are we really 2 years into the game and still having to explain the nature of projectiles to someone? :rofl:

1 Like

Mercy already has a better weapon than a lot of the supports. She shouldn’t have one of the best weapons in the game as well. Jeez.

Mercy’s pistol currently has the largest non-explosive projectile in the game. If it were made to be hitscan, you’d lose that. Mercy players would rebel as now they would have to have decent aim when Mercy was specifically designed to suit people who didn’t.

3 Likes

Hitscan for Mercy? People want battle mercy bad. lol

Her pistol is no joke right now. It’s great for a steady stream of headshots. It can make her dangerous to dive on with low-HP heroes if she’s free enough to stop and shoot at them. It’s also good for taking out turrets and denying doorways and other areas to snipers (or anyone). Also, I love shooting it while in Valk. I’d rather it stayed like it is now.

1 Like

I wonder if you ever played quake 3 where those “projectiles” you actually had to aim at the model instead of just “Near” them. :thinking:

Neither of those were in the video. Solid on proving me wrong. Especially from the other side of the training area, totally shooting a head above the bot, or is it a mile away?
I also noticed you apparently hate visible crosshairs so I fixed it for you:

But yeah it must be you can just aim where ever on what ever range, except you know widow and Mercy have basically the same above head hit box at 20 meters and more. And I mean I know nothing about projectile trajectories and hitboxes.

You do your own research and explain to me why do Mercys direct headshots at close range do bodyshot dmg while shooting above their head gives headshot dmg? Since it cant be the projectile interaction,as thats all in our heads.

2 Likes

I would love if this happened