Mercy Rez discussion

Curious as to what everyone thinks so…
I personally think rez is fundamentally flawed and is what holds mercy back.
It is an incredibly strong tool to be able to erase a kill in your team, but as long as your team is succeeding mercy’s kit seems lack lustre.

Now I understand that there’s an arguement to be made that if you don’t need to rez then I don’t see the issue.
But
Sometimes it’s not always possible to get a rez off in the first place.
I personally feel like getting rid of rez and adding a new ability that allowed for some sort of skill shot or timing ability could give mercy a more intuitive kit while not needing to buff the other aspects of her kit (which in my opinion is balanced)

Perhaps instead of Rez you could have an ability that applies a 2second or 1 second buff to any Allie that “if health drops below 1hp while buff persists, heal target for 200hp” long cooldown regardless of if it worked or not.
Let’s not debate the numbers of this idea so much as just the idea itself.

In the end all I’m getting at is I think that rez is what needs to be addressed in her kit because I feel like the rest of her kit is nicely balanced as is and is just missing that noticeable value/skill shot.

1 Like

Valkyrie is what needs to be addressed. Valkyrie is what’s lacklustre. Mercy mains have said this from the start.

Putting AOE healing on a single target healer was never a good idea, and has proven to be a bad idea by the 50 HP’s nerf. When you use it, it’s boring as hell. It’s less useful as a support ability and more useful for escaping ults.

17 Likes

She already got nerfed to the ground, leave her alone already for the love of god

Before the nerf she was able to rez the entire team : Too op blizzard please nerf

Then only 2 people: Too op blizzard please nerf

Then juste one guy : Too op blizzard please nerf

And now it’s juste one guy + a casting time and you still want a nerf ?

5 Likes

to OP:

I personally like rez as it currently configured for Mercy, and hope it isnt changed or removed

2 Likes

That’s fair, just looking to see what people think…idc to be honest because I do like her and thinks she’s fine when played to her full potential.

i personally don’t like the current version of rez since it doesn’t fit the rest of her kit, i very much prefer valkyrie to mass rez and this is what i wish mercy’s E ability was

I said this in another thread. Rez is the most powerful ability in the game. The only way mercy and her healing output would change is if they rid of Rez. However, I don’t believe they will so whilst it remains there is no argument to buff any of her kit or healing

1 Like

I’d say immortality field is the most powerful ability in the game. Why save one hero when you can save the whole team.

4 Likes

Which is why my thought was to move away from rez altogether while also not touching the aspects of her kit that I feel are balanced

Not really… ur reviving a downed team mate/ Undoing someone’s play.

Rez has always been the best ability and it’s been criticised since the beginning of overwatcg

2 Likes

Soldiers helix rocket does burst damage.

…just don’t understand why we just suddenly started talking about IM

Both Resurrect and Valkyrie need addressing in some manner.

Resurrect:

• A standard ability with the longest cooldown in the game by far
  • Has the potential power of an ultimate ability
  • Can cause a significant amount of healing downtime
  • Is awkward to execute
  • Is unearned every 30 seconds and available at the start of a round
  • Feels like it’s holding back power from some other parts of Mercy

Valkyrie:

• Causes some healing downtime, particularly when going Battle Mercy
  • Often more effective when used for Battle Mercy
  • Chain beams feel like a semi-autopilot variant of Mercy, it doesn’t truly have game changing potential and doesn’t necessarily feel threatening
9 Likes

Except it isn’t. Mercy has the lowest damage & healing (including damage amp) when combined compared to any other healer. Mercy’s Resurrect ability was also over-nerfed just like her healing to thrust her out of the meta because people were sick of the moth meta. She has not been properly revisited since then.

Which is why I worded my response as just my opinion where as your opinion is being stated as fact. So there’s no where for us to go here.

Mercy is either balanced or she isn’t. You could be right, or I could be right. If I’m right, then Mercy could get some buffs to help her out as she is struggling atm. Resurrect is too iconic for Mercy to straight up remove. Resurrect should at least be part of Valkyrie if you remove the ability from one of her regular ability slots.

2 Likes

I respectfully disagree is all. I think we can agree on the idea that something could use changing.

1 Like

Argued against this change back when they first introduced this “rework” on the PTR 2 years. That was also the time I learned that no matter what we say here, anything that gets put on the PTR is 95% chance of hitting live as is. Was also the day I quit Overwatch when it hit live servers.

They don’t freaking care. It’s just DPSwatch at this point.

7 Likes

Yeah, like why would they not at least somewhat revert the insane Baptiste fire-rate buff instead of gutting Immortality Field? I guess Blizzard wants fights to end quickly.

1 Like

I think the old res could have been balanced, but Blizzard pride and laziness prevented that from happening. Also, Valkyrie is extremely boring and underwhelming.

3 Likes

Personally, I find Valkyrie to be fun to use and one of the most powerful ultimates in the game - also, arguably the very most versatile of all ults

2 Likes