Mercy Rework is Terrible // Revert Mercy | Video

Exactly my point. They have actively seeked out this thread, posted a bigeoted remark that generalizes all mercy mains, but if I attempt to defend those mercy mains them by calling them out on it as the reason why they argue with them, suddenly I’m the one trolling because I post a smiley face “in a condescending way?”

Ok then. :blush:

Agreed.

I disagree. I think that would be oversimplifying the entire problem with her. Keep in mind that there were many factors as to why she was reworked, some of which Jeff explains in that famous Mercy dev update. It’s not just because she created unhealthy team strategies. An example is the “Hide and rez” thing, which was pushed as a reason to change Mercy, even though that was subjective opinion. I say this because even now, you still need to hide as Mercy in order to successfully rez, making that previous statement a fallacy. And that’s just one example of why the rework was pushed despite what I would say is better judgement.

I’m not saying that nobody asked for Mercy to be reworked. I am saying that nobody asked for THIS rework. Nobody asked for Valkyrie. The devs have pushed it on us in spite of whether we needed it or not, and it’s existed long before Mercy was even finalized. That rework is something that nobody asked for, and even the devs scrapped it in it’s initial stages for Mass res, which says a lot, in my opinion.

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
xavvypls
:blue_heart:

6 Likes

I would note that, Valkyrie’s problems in terms of feeling the impact are caused by its division of power into 6 stats (chain healing, chain damage boost, infinite ammo, uninterrupted health regen, and long duration) and that the buffs to Mercy’s kit simply remove effort required from the player to be effective in their Mercy play.

Mercy is considered a one star difficulty hero, yet with Valkyrie she becomes a 1/6th of a star hero because that is about the amount of engagement you need to use Valkyrie effective.

Can’t feel the impact of your play with an Ultimate when most of the play is done for you thru passives and stats overtime.

4 Likes

Are you talking about the one that is open for a couple of minutes each day? Yes, those 120 seconds are more than enough to get my point across to other Mercy mains and to have a discussion about her current state.

Thankfully, a revert will never happen. The people in charge know that Mercy 2.0 is light years better for the game than 1.0. Please accept this and adapt your play style to how the game works now.

3 Likes

report it for spam every day like i do

4 Likes

I don’t think posting the exact same thing multiple times per day is the way it was intended.

Some don’t, but I still enjoy Mercy just not the giveaway of a powerful ability on a cooldown and a Ultimate that reduces your engagement.

The only distress is the waste of Intellectual Property (IP) that is occurring.

Overwatch has some of the best quality IP with a very welcoming art style that few team games have. Picking up another game just to let this one fall by the wayside is not OK because getting this nice mix of characters is not easy to come by.

Are they Dr Zielger thou? No not really and it doesn’t repair Mercy’s identity which is what matters.

Oh BTW I play League of Legends which has a great deal of characters that match Overwatch, but it doesn’t matter if I play that game as well since it does not replace OW.

I wouldn’t, and that is not what has happened here to Mercy. Mercy was made easier to play to on a hero that already was not difficult to play. Many do know how to explain themselves on this point because what they feel is a lack of their input mattering which is caused by making certain aspects so given that player’s efforts do not matter at least on certain abilities.

You’re trying to help :heart: and I think that is far nicer than how some react, but other games being available are irrelevant because the concern is over the waste of good IP.

1 Like

No offense, but within the 1st 2 min of gameplay, I can tell right away that you’re probably a gold/silver level Mercy just at a glance. Pulling out your pistol when you should be DMG boosing McCree was really, really, really, bad. I had to stop watching after that. I suggest you practice Mercy more, and learn how to play her better and then you might understand why the changes are the way they are.

Honestly Res is a boring, unfun ability to use and causes me more stress during game play than anything else, a regular or ult ability. I dont want a revert, I just want Rez gone at this point.

1 Like

I would disagree. Mercy is a wonderfully designed hero, but the beauty of the design was marred when the actions were made to remove the risk of failure from Mercy’s gameplay and then remove weaknesses from her kit.

The rework gave many Mercys that “fun” boost, but I saw it for what it was very unfun to play against. I guess many had their vision obscured by the intense power boost that Mercy 2.0 provided them, but for me I dropped the game for a while due to how unfair it felt to play against. They made Rez to consistently available for no effort and added WAY TOO MUCH RANGE. The rework increased range of Rez from 15 meters to greater than 168 meters! It also has turned Rez into a much too strong ability that consistently counters the first pick reliably.

The result of making Rez so accessible has caused the issues necessitating several reverts of added features to her kit, and even a revert to her original healing output.

For many they find the their efforts don’t make much difference, but this not because Mercy is weak this is because Mercy is too easy even for a One Star hero. Consistency should not be given it should be earned and I would add that her healing should include a mechanic that makes it less consistent so that the player must by more engaged to get most optimal use from it.

Caused by making have passives that reduce the amount of engagement that the Mercy player must have to be effective.

If so then they would not be reverting their past changes to Mercy. The course of this rework has been a continued train of reverts in order to nerf her power level. Therefore reverts are clearly a better path as they have less risk to the dev team of compromising their design intent.

Her design became worse as a result of the attempt to remove her weaknesses. This was warned by many experienced Mercy players, but their predictions came to pass the Mercy Meta occurred and the Dev team has had revert much of what this rework provided.

3 Likes

When would you like me to post in it? Every time it reopens it gets closed in 1 minute due to the abundance of flags it gets. Feel free to ask for a Megathread for your hero. As you can see by the 10 Mercy has had you get ALOT of back and forth communication from the developer team on Mercy and it’s working REALLY well for us this past year.

5 Likes

No offense, but within reading the first sentence, I can tell right away that you haven’t read the bottom of the OP. But thanks for projecting your opinion on others! :blush:

Agreed! It’s quite a shame how little impact she has over the course of the match now compared to how she was back then. Excellent breakdown! :blush:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
xavvypls
:blue_heart:

1 Like

Actually I would not mind this especially since Rez requires teammates to die to be used. Something preemptive would be far more rewarding for players to have and would provide impact for good decisions.

Nonetheless, if Rez is something the devs want to keep it should one way or another be an Ultimate in order to check its power.

1 Like

Funny thing: Rez wasn’t really a problem until her rework.

2 Likes

Disagree with this entirely. It was a horrible ult.

1 Like

Allow me to counter: Mercy mains were FORCED INTO (not “given”) a Megathread where all their reasoning, arguments, and concerns were never addressed and were simply ignored over and over. Their arguments pro-mass rez were NEVER reasonably countered, all that ever happened was that they were ignored by the developers and bashed by the forum community simply for utilizing the forum for it’s intended use of feedback.

4 Likes

It truely became a problem when it first had the risk of death removed in Feb 2017 (Resurrect invulnerability buff). Then it took over the game when the rework came out because the cost to have it available was removed (via making on a cooldown).

That’s what happens when a powerful ability is made to have no cost in order to use it.

In addition, many of the features added to Mercy by the rework were reverted because you cannot giveaway consistency without it braking the character.

1 Like

Is this a joke or do you actually not know anything about that thread?

6 Likes

Yes I’ve flagged the thread.

I actually laughed. We were using the megathread until it started getting mass flagged and locked. What do you expect us to do?

2 Likes