Mercy real talk

9 Likes

ORRRRRRR…
It’s because Mercy is a generalist. And generalists are never the 2nd best of their category because they are the most consistent heroes. That means they’re either completely massively better than the competition, or they’re kinda meh.

And the devs KNOW THAT, so they never buff her.

Nah mate, Rez is the choke hold on her.
Kill it with fire plz devs.

3 Likes

No. This wasn’t true for res. It’s not true for super jump. At some point people need to realize Mercy is more than one ability.

1 Like

Nah, she’s fine with or without it and still wouldn’t need a buff.

1 Like

Just make super-jump official ability for Mercy with a 4 seconds cooldown

Last time it was

her res is the only reason she’s not being buffed

Now it’s

Her super jump is the only thing that is preventing her from being buffed

Can you guys make up your mind?

1 Like

lol no it’s not.

If you sincerely think SUPER JUMP is the reason Mercy isn’t buffed (and not the fact that she’s statistically perfectly balanced) then you are a bit delusional 0-o

3 Likes

My mind is that her pick rate prevents her from being buffed because the devs are :clown_face:.

1 Like

The Devs are clowns for leaving a moderately high pickrate, balanced winrate hero unchanged? And not buffing them?

Such clowns…

1 Like

Yes. The same happened to McCree. Just because the hero is picked a lot because they are popular… That means they are balanced. And the people use the mirrors argument when Orisa had a higher pick rate than the two of them combined and maintain a Hella positive win rate. Absurd.

2 Likes

No, I feel that the developers are not sure they want to buff Mercy because
A) if they buff anything other than her healing (especially damage boost), that’ll just feed the power creep (ex: buffed damage boost could allow an already strong Hanzo to run rampant in ranked 1-shot body-shooting squishies)
B) buff her healing and they’re afraid that’ll bring Mercy back into the spotlight at the expense of Moira, Ana, or Bap.

Statistically, Mercy is fine. Her healing numbers are okay, her pickrate is pretty good, and her winrate is pretty average. I understand a lot of Mercy mains are frustrated that the character does not feel as fun or engaging as she used to be, but from a numbers perspective, Mercy is just fine.

Any buffs given to Mercy, I argue (again, I’m not arguing against a Mercy buff), should be handled with thought and care. Additionally, they are not holding Mercy back because of super jump.

2 Likes

? Mcree got a gross amount of buffs the past year in efforts to counter GOATS, he is not at all comparable to Mercy’s balance

1 Like

Actually, Geoff said he wants to buff damage boost, just not its %. He also said they are open to buffing her healing to 55 or a heal boost ability but this is his whole explanation on the matter:

As a Mercy main myself, I agree ^^

4 Likes

What buffs did he get to counter goats? A tenth of a second to his fire rate that changed virtually nothing and an ultimate rework that basically changes nothing to compositions that are not super bulky. Wow. Such power creep. And they only had to nerf his fan for it.

You are right though, sucks Mercy never got microbuffs at the very least.

Tfw they buffed his fan and the nerf was partially reverting the previous buff xddddddddddd

Also, acting like the fire rate buff was minor is laughable ROFL

1 Like

True. I do remember them talking about buffing Mercy’s DB, and I feel like that could be good for Mercy, but I do have to agree with Geoff that it makes it so many heroes can one-shot 200 health heroes. Hanzo, Widow, Junkrat, and Reaper all come to mind; it would be quite annoying if they could just walk around getting boosted by a Mercy and just one tap the enemy team (then again, if some of those heroes were tuned back, especially Reaper, that could open the gate for a buffed damage boost in the future).

If her healing was buffed to 55, I’d say that’d be a fair change.

1 Like

It was a nerf from his original fan. What is your point? They change his fan more than they change Symmetra.

What did it change, statistically? Go on, share with the class. I want to know, what YUGE impact did the miniscule fire rate influence? C’mon, I am dying to know.

Yeah, I think all I’d ever want for damage boost is like a 30% speed boost for the target AND for Mercy while she’s using it. Could open up some pretty interesting plays. But also I feel like it’d screw with some heroe’s accuracy if you’re flicking damage boost on them and changing their movespeed back and forth LOL

Agreed! I do wish they’d test it, it’s a nice middleground between 60 (people claim is too high) and 50 (people claim is too low). Seems like an obvious change to me but idk lol

1 Like

Honestly I would say this is the biggest problem with Mercy at the moment, current Valkryie Mercy is “balanced”, but balanced doesn’t mean engaging. Talk to any Mercy main from those that are left and haven’t abandoned her or the game and most will say she’s never been so boring.

She needs changes to her kit so she’s more exciting, Guardian Angel and resurrect most people are happy with, they really need to consider giving her a more thought provoking and engaging ultimate that isn’t a glorified spector cam.

2 Likes