"Mercy players" that haven't played in a year

I don’t think gold is a good place to test this. Symmetra 2.0 was almost OP in gold but trash at GM.

1 Like

People have had a negative view of Mercy players since the game launch. That negative view got worse after the rework when Mercy was overpowered. I doubt “dramatic Mercy players” have suddenly caused a lot of hate to rise that wasn’t there already. A lot of Overwatch players love to hate Mercy players because Mercy is a relatively simple hero to play, because Mercy used to be a must-pick, and because there are a lot of Mercy players (current and former) and because Mercy has a lot of one-trick players. Mercy player hate is nothing new, and it’ll continue to exist because the Overwatch community is toxic and always will be.

7 Likes

There’s also qwazi and RevertMercy

waves see my reply from earlier about my opinion still being valid.

No… They still play the game.

𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓜𝓮𝓻𝓬𝔂 𝓘𝓬𝓮 𝓒𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓶 𝓜𝓸𝓿𝓮𝓶𝓮𝓷𝓽 :shaved_ice::chocolate_bar:

2 Likes

See that’s the fun part. Me in gold thinking she’s terrible should be much more alarming than a GM player saying that. Gold isn’t exactly the epitomy of skill and if I in Gold would rather have the hard to use high skill cap hero on my team over the easy guaranteed value option… seriously how bad is she?

Edit for your edit: Are you trying to say that Ana and Moira aren’t team dependent? Cause they are. Now what you are saying about Mercy being hurt by bad teammates is true… why else would every single off healer have a better winrate than every main healer. But… All main healers derive most of their value from keeping their teammates up. All of them get hurt by having garbage teams.

No I don’t. I haven’t played since January.

Oh. Apologies then. But I know for a fact that RevertMercy still plays Overwatch. Not as much as before but she definitely does from time to time.

They’re talking about Titanium, who said they haven’t played Overwatch in a year.

they aren’t.

revertmercy hasn’t posted since god knows when and I’m pretty sure has made an I quit thread at some point.

And I don’t think your opinion is invalid qwazi ,I’m just pointing out something to who I’m replying to.

1 Like

If I’m included in the “they” that you are speaking of then I can inform you that I do not want mass rez back. I would actually want rez to be removed from the game entirely so that there is room for a rework that makes Mercy fun to play again.

I actually created a thread of what I think a rework should focus on here:

1 Like

:question:

;-; BAIT ;-;

Went through her posts. She has never said he quit. I do know that she recently got temporarily suspended. Yeah, RevertMercy never claimed to quite. She just doesn’t play the game as much as before but that’s not the same as her not playing the game at all.

Mercy is very team focused, but it isn’t automatically Mercy’s fault if you lose. It takes skill and knowledge to play Mercy well. But I guess some Mercy players only say she is skilful when it benifits them.

I think the people you are talking about have played her enough to master these “skill and knowledge”.

I was replying to someone in gold who probably isn’t a master of Mercy.

1 Like

Honey there is nothing to “learn” about Mercy. She’s been stripped down to holding mouse one, not even her ult is different anymore. It’s incredible how some people actually think she’s still good or even ok. She’s absolutely terrible, can we finally accept that please? And don’t even start with “Adjust to her nerfs”. Mercy players have been adjusting for all of Overwatch’s existance! We “adjusted” to 14 nerfs to Mercy 2.0! Now we are at a point where there is absolutely no difference between a Gold Mercy and a Masters Mercy. The design of her ultimate and her Rez on E is just terrible and no buff will change that. She needs a rework.

5 Likes

I think Mercy requires less skill now than she used to require. I would very much like for her to require more skill in the future.

This midset is why people think she is bad. If you think there is nothing to learn, it’s your own fault if you’re bad with her.