"Mercy players" that haven't played in a year

I’ve noticed a trend. Some of the people saying Mercy is trash haven’t played the game in a while. This means they haven’t even bothered to try to learn new Mercy. How can you claim a hero is bad if you have no experience on them? Many of these people also want mass rez back and use the “unfun” argument. This is why Mercy players like me aren’t taken seriously. Many Mercy players are just following the crowd and assume she is bad. I also assumed she was bad until recently. I agree she needs changes and I think Blizzard should change her soon or at least address the situation, but I don’t think Mercy is as bad as some say she is.

17 Likes

I’m gonna go on a whim and assume that this “trend” is just Titanium. Am I correct? :no_mouth:

𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓜𝓮𝓻𝓬𝔂 𝓘𝓬𝓮 𝓒𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓶 𝓜𝓸𝓿𝓮𝓶𝓮𝓷𝓽 :shaved_ice::chocolate_bar:

38 Likes

Who exactly hasn’t played Mercy in a year?

1 Like

Um… I’m sorry, do you have a record of all of these “people” saying this with proof of their playtimes? I’m not sure where this information is coming from. :blush:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
xavvypls
:blue_heart:

8 Likes

I’ve read many posts of Mercy players that haven’t played in a while. (They state themselves that they haven’t been playing much) They usually think she is trash and want mass rez back.

2 Likes

But do these players not play the game or is this something you just thought because Titanium said that he stopped playing the game for a year?

Edit 1:

Also, Mercy being trash or not is mostly just an opinion. Even then, her statistics do suggest that of a relatively bad hero. Players who say she is trash probably are just being hyperbolic to emphasis their point that Mercy is really underpowered. As for mass Res, it is completely fine for people to ask for mass Res to return. It is a potential solution and can work. Nothing is wrong with it. This just seems like a personal thing in my opinion.

Edit 2:

This is not the same as not playing the game, at all.

20 Likes

Titanium is one of many.

1 Like

It doesn’t really matter what hero a person plays,if they haven’t played in a long time,they really shouldn’t complain about X or Y in the game. Especially cause this is a PvP game and games like this constantly change.

1 Like

Several players do this.

Can only give one example.

Like, really? What kind of constructive discussion are we even supposed to have here?

For the record, I still play her because the team composition demands it sometimes. I also still dislike her current kit a lot. It has nothing to do with her not being meta, I’ve disliked this since the rework.

34 Likes

I’m sorry I don’t feel like reading through hundreds of useless posts to find quotes.

2 Likes

Then I’d recommend that you refrain from making really generalising posts like this. :confused: It really does serve no real purpose.

22 Likes

The fact remains. If people have a problem with the game, they have the right to complain about it. Especially so if they have played the game in the past.

I know you don’t like mass res, but that doesn’t mean that people “aren’t allowed” to still vouch for it just because they don’t play her anymore - and I’m not really sure why you felt the need to point that out specifically in your OP based on “what you’ve seen”. It’s their opinion. Just like you are entitled to your opinion in thinking it won’t come back, and your opinion that the devs don’t take Mercy players who want reverts seriously (both of which are completely subjective and not based on facts), those individuals are entitled to disagree with you. How long they have played the game doesn’t change that fact, nor make their opinion any less valid than yours. :blush:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
xavvypls
:blue_heart:

13 Likes

But if they didn’t like how she was performing, say, months ago, and she’s only gone downhill, it’d only feel worse to play her, right? I mean that’s generally how that works.

17 Likes

The Overbuff stats are accessible for everyone, you don’t need to play her to know she is trash.

4 Likes

So, anecdotal posts with absolutely no proof is the way to go then? I guess I can randomly decide that all Genji mains are mean because one behaved badly towards me this one time.

I can’t be bothered finding other examples of Genji-players’ behavior y’know.

24 Likes

I haven’t played since January. I did play the larger nerf on the PTR before I left. The only change that has happened to Mercy since then is the reduction of healing from 60 HPS to 50 HPS, which I guess doesn’t exactly make her more fun to play. So, I will argue that my perception of Mercy being unfun is still valid based on my last experience playing her.

There are a bunch of other former Mercy players who tried the rework and decided that she was no longer for them. I would argue that their perception is still valid as well, since only one improvement had been done to Mercy since the rework (the bunnyhop), everything else have been nerfs. If someone did not enjoy the rework at all, then it hasn’t exactly gotten better with the nerfs since then.

So, I guess what I’m trying to say is that I have no idea what you are on about OP.

4 Likes

waves

Hi.
I have 2 hours on Mercy this comp season.
I have a public profile so if you want to double check that, go ahead.
Mercy is Trash.

4 Likes

People now have a negative view of Mercy players because of overly dramatic Mercy mains that think she is trash. Are hundreds of posts not good enough for evidence?

1 Like

Link them.

People have had a negative view of Mercy and her players for ages, well before the rework or any “spam”. This isn’t something new in that regard.

6 Likes