Mercy (open dialogue)

True, to an extent. Even still, people open up hateful dialogue more quickly than the good it feels like.

Hopefully this stays nice, though.

both ana and moira beat her at that, ironic that mercy is supposed to be the best single target healer

Very true, but I still switch off Mercy if we have an off healer as a secondary since I’ve found that the total amount of healing still isn’t enough if you have more than 1 tank on your team.
I don’t mind switching, I just want people to stop yelling at me for switching.

I’d be absolutely for completely removing resurrect if they gave Mercy an offensive ability that she could easily use while healing (or switch to) and gave her a bit more in the way of offensive capabilities… something every other healer in this game has.

As much as I love Mercy’s gun, switching to it is a laggy, headache inducing mess.

1 Like

I did play her a little during mass rez…it was ok.

I did like the feeling of trolling the enemy out of team kill, but I do understand the problems behind it. Looking at where it got us…i believe rez just needs to be replaced.

Just my opinion though

I used to suggest this a lot (remove damage boost, gun on right click) but I eventually realized it’s not a good idea. It’s just trying to enforce the idea of what I think makes a fun hero onto Mercy. It isn’t what Mercy players want her to play like at all.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t mind them replacing it as long as they gave her some kind of ability that actually made her feel engaging to play and let her have some impact on the battle herself. As she is right now, Valk is basically just a mini-nano for your team, and you’re in the air now, so have fun avoiding getting shot in the face. It’s just very same-y to me, like - what were you doing before? Healing people with a beam. What are you doing while you ult? Healing… People … with a beam? lol. To me it’s the only ult in the game that’s the same as a primary fire weapon and that’s pretty weaksauce in the conceptual department, IMO.

The res concept I liked that someone else pitched was where she gains multiple mini ults and can spend them on resses, up to 3 times. So you gain your ult, you’re able to res 1 person. Gain it a second time over, able to res 2 people. 3 being the maximum would prevent team wipes being countered, but the staggered nature of it would mean tempo resses as well as big resses could be achieved, giving the Mercy player much more decision making to do.

4 Likes

A lot of ults are like that, or just make you more powerful and then you go shooting with your primary weapon. Tactical Visor, Supercharger, etc.

I disagree - Tac Visor you go from aiming to just holding down the button and aiming in their general direction. Supercharger is giving your whole team a large nano boost, but I guess you could argue it’s pretty same-y. I’d also say that while Widowmaker doesn’t change anything on the field the feeling of trying to shoot someone when you can and can’t see them is pretty different.

Orisa isn’t a character most players complain are boring though, and she has lots of other abilities to deploy, whereas Mercy is extremely limited. Heck, her only other ability in the game is contingent on one of her team mates dying and her being able to very slowly stand over their corpse for several seconds - it’s not exactly… Fun, or engaging, or exciting, really.

1 Like

thats why something more offensive would make her more exciting i think

Then you’ve completely missed the point of having a mercy, non linear kit which can follow onto maps with alot of verticality, given heals from out of line of sight mostly instead of having to take a wider angle, the healing is ALWAYS consistent, and there is no other healer that can do what she can do in that aspect of healing + has a rez.

So yeah, nothing beats a mercys pocket healing, all that mobility to make sure you aren’t restricted to a fight area, NEVER have to worry about a barrier being in the way, never have to worry about most of the stuff you have to on Ana or moira, she is the most versatile healer. THAT is mercies point.

I often think that if people think Mercy is boring, maybe she’s just not for them? I mean I personally hate playing her, I’ve always thought she was boring. But I really like playing aggressive healers who can heal and fight, so I think Mercy is just not for me.

maybe but Mercy seems to be “not for” more people than any other hero in the game (including the both of us) which seems like an issue…

The thing that gets me is that everyone said invulnerability on mass rez was a bad idea. You’d think that would have been the first thing they’d tweaked. Then started switching things up with valk being flight and up to 3 individual rezzes.

But nope, went plowed through the year with rez on E but Mercy turning into a very vulnerable statue to use it… Just wth.

1 Like

The problem is that I used to play Mercy and loved her, then they made a bunch of changes to her that ruined her play for me. Personally I think that’s worth mentioning, it’s not like I don’t like healing, it’s that the changes they made to her take her from an engaging and active feeling character to a boring healbot feeling character.

I dunno. It doesn’t really matter if there are heroes that aren’t for everyone as long as they aren’t obligatory and there are enough left that we can find things to play. I like the other five healers very well.

1 Like

I know?! They’ve come full circle, back to the whole “Sacrificial Rez” thing. It’s hilarious to me. XP

1 Like

Sacrificial Rez…was suiciding for a rez a thing back in the day?

Before invul, most of the time you rezed as Mercy 1.0, you die most of the time.

Which was why she got invul when she rezzes.

Back in the day before Invuln you would often get killed trying to swoop in for a Res, yeah. A lot of people like to say Mass Res ‘has no counters’, but the counter was killing Mercy. I learned how to play Tracer like woah because I loved shutting Mercy down as she flew in for a Res.

1 Like