Mercy (open dialogue)

Its a fun idea…good as an arcade mode for sure.

But yeah removal of rez is probably better

I don’t think single rez is really a problem. It allows counterplay, raises her skill ceiling, and allows her to do something that is “impactful”. I think it’s fine the way it is.

I favor balancing her out by improving valkyrie, since so many people find it underwhelming. Maybe the direct target of her beams could get double the usual effect, either a 60% damage boost or 100 hp/s. That would allow her to do almost a nanoblade ult combo, give her a form of burst healing, and make Valkyrie a little more skillful (since it would now matter who you beamed and you’d have to balance hitting most of the group with going after priority targets).

1 Like

Hmmm I like it but 100hps seems a little much (keep in mind she can switch targets)

Id try 80hps but otherwise it sounds nice

If 2x is OP let’s cut the duration. I think it’s clear Mercy players would like an ult that is a higher power spike than one that lasts for ages.

But really 100 hp/s isn’t that much. I think Ana and Moira can just do that, normally.

1 Like

True…hmmm it would be fantastic for supporting your main tank

Is this of any interest to you? Not a Mercy main but I’ve tried to be fair!

Pretty cool no lie!

I’m all for rez to be replaced but your charge idea would be interesting in game

1 Like

Thanks yo :slight_smile: it just seems to fit the nature of the game so well I think it’d be a shame to remove it :slight_smile: but it shouldn’t be the weight that she’s balanced against either…somehow ha!

1 Like

That sounds pretty overpowered to me, honestly.

It’s definitely iconic I’ll give it that lol

1 Like

The fact that the people who play Mercy are blamed more for her balance than the devs is disheartening.

The way people in general are treated in and out of game speaks volumes of how frustrated the community is overall.

1 Like

Well, if they want to keep her healing at 50hp/s, they should give her a burst healing ability. I don’t even care how they do it, just remove rez off of E or remove it completely and give her a burst healing ability. She’s bad at keeping tanks alive during teamfights.

I like Mercy, I’ve been playing her since S1, and lately I garner very little enjoyment when I play her. It’s almost stressful. If we have two tanks (specifically any tank that doesn’t have shields/self heal) and I go Mercy we almost never get a second healer. So I have to switch off to Moira/Ana.
I don’t know if it’s just people’s preconceived bias that Mercy is still capable of solo healing or if they’re just angry at me for switching off a character i have 500+ hours on but she just doesn’t work solo.
Even if we have a Zen or Brig I still switch off, still get yelled at for switching, still fail to keep my team alive due to the sluggish nature of her new healing, and I end up switching back to Moira/Ana like I wanted to in the first place.
Do I still like playing her? Yes and No.
I can still manage 6-8 resurrects a match, I still enjoy Guardian angel and the Angel Hop (angel shot?) and I like shooting down over confident flankers when they come at me (because I can never get anyone to turn around and help me, c’est la vie I suppose)
But I’m a supportive person by nature, I thoroughly enjoy taking care of my teams, and I’m not especially aggressive, so she just suits me.
But I acknowledge that she just doesn’t work a majority of the time. I switch when I need to. Do I want to? Not really, I enjoy bouncing around and keeping everyone alive.
I’m not particularly a fan of Valk, but that’s just…because it’s kind of boring. I think the decision to give Mercy and AOE heal was a bad one. As it wasn’t something she was supposed to be able to do.
I’m very sorry if this comes off as rambling or unorganized, I have a massive headache but I just wanted to finally say something on her.
So basically, at this point, I’m indifferent to her. If I get to play her? Great. If not, well whatever I guess, it’s better to switch off instead of trying to force myself into a stressful game where I can’t keep anyone alive.

4 Likes

The community is as good as you let it be, look at this thread for example.

You encourage open dialogue and treat everyone with respect, then you get good discussion.

Burst healing could work, however as far as keeping tanks alive she’s still solid…nothing beats a good pocket heal

Honestly, this is mostly on your team. None of the healers really work well alone. It’s not just that they need help to heal (although they do), but the off-healers are also some of the best and most versatile heroes in the game. A Zenyatta or Brig or Lucio will almost always benefit the team more than another DPS.

Did you ever get to play her during Mass Res? That was when Mercy was in her prime of Fun. I really miss being able to feel like I was making an important decision in the game, who to res and when, how to survive through the whole fight and help my team but also be able to tell when things were taking a turn for the worse so I could get behind some cover and come flying in for a big res. Those were the days. It didn’t work every time, mind you - lots of times you got killed, but that was part of the skill battle. Then they introduced that invulnerable garbage and it snowballed from there into the crapshoot she is today.

True, to an extent. Even still, people open up hateful dialogue more quickly than the good it feels like.

Hopefully this stays nice, though.

both ana and moira beat her at that, ironic that mercy is supposed to be the best single target healer

Very true, but I still switch off Mercy if we have an off healer as a secondary since I’ve found that the total amount of healing still isn’t enough if you have more than 1 tank on your team.
I don’t mind switching, I just want people to stop yelling at me for switching.

I’d be absolutely for completely removing resurrect if they gave Mercy an offensive ability that she could easily use while healing (or switch to) and gave her a bit more in the way of offensive capabilities… something every other healer in this game has.

As much as I love Mercy’s gun, switching to it is a laggy, headache inducing mess.

1 Like