Mercy Nerf isn't enough. Please don't flame

Hahahahaha

No.

Have you even played this game on live right now? Have you seen how DIFFICULT it is to keep people alive anymore when every hitscan has been massively buffed that they’re like super snipers?

And somehow staying alive to boot?

Have you tried to soloheal hammond and orisa versus junkrat and ana? I have. It’s not pretty. I can do over 1,300k hp/min and it’s not enough when hammond melts like butter.

And they’re going to cut her healing beam to 50hps, which is unacceptable since it’s already insanely difficult keeping people up and about when even hitscan + mei play like widowmakers now.

Trust me, once the 50hps hits live, Mercy will be underpowered with her lack of healing. Any kind of dps cuts through her healing.

8 Likes

ofcourse it has it’s pro and cons, weaknesses and strengths. She can be able to give it to her Zen/Ana which are getting dived, her DPS who is about to get bladed, her tank who is being rushed etc. Her teammate out of position in LoS of Widow.
It probably won’t help giving it to a Rein who charges 1v6, he dies, gets rezzed and dies again, because he’s still in the enemy backline.
It also won’t help if a flanker gets the jump on your DPS or Widow does an insane jumpshot-kill.

She isn’t meant to be able to rez/ prevent the death of every teammate. If a enemy gets a skilled kill, they deserve it. If Mercy has such a good gamesense to see it coming and gives her blessing, she has outplayed them and deserves it.
Her skill ceiling would be SO MUCH higher with an ability like this, really putting the emphasis on gamesense in her kit.

2 Likes

Remove Res - Add some buff that not allows target to die for 2 seconds, or something like that. Bam - she is fixed.

You can remove rez, it is pain to use anyway

But do not add anything, if you do Blizzard nerfs Mercy furiously

oh boy, they just love to nerf her

Called it! Not even 24 hours since her healing nerf the torches and pitchforks are out for more.

5 Likes

But that’s the point. Mercy is not supposed to work as the best healer in every teamcomp against every teamcomp…
Having played around 3-4hrs of PTR Mercy 2 days ago I can say it’s not that bad. I was still able to keep my team alive, no matter who was my secondary healer. I was even able to solo-heal a Hammond/Hog/S76/McCree/Tracer comp easily.
Did I get the feeling sometimes Moira or Ana would be a better choice? Hell yeah I did, and thats awesome! On live, I literally NEVER feel like Ana or Moira are the better option over Mercy save a 4 tank comp, Mercy can even heal a 3 tank comp on live.
There should be comps where Mercy is a suboptimal pick, just as much there are comps where Ana and Moira are bad picks.
Moira should be able to massively outheal Ana and Mercy, since she has 0 utility. Ana should be able to be the best burst healer and save a tanks bosom if they get rushed. Mercy should be able to reliably keep her DPS and second support alive. Thats all the case on the PTR. On live, Mercy does all Moira and Ana do (save the burst with Nade), something needs to change and the healing nerf is actually a good change. Making Mercy weak in some comps and the others strong where she is weak.

1 Like

Gunna just report this for trolling as it obviously is and move on

6 Likes

obvious trolling is Mercy megathread, this is quality post

Stop, don’t false report people.

2 seconds is an awfully long time when you have a Genji or a Tracer sticking to you like glue.

Her healing nerf is not out in LIVE yet…

I can’t wait for the support changes. Especially Ana/Moira/Lucio. Clearly, triple tank is coming back. :smile:

I love triple tank and quad tank. They are the matches most fun to me as Mercy isn’t a wise choice to pick but she can still be used in triple tank. Hammond release is going to end up bring back triple tank in some way or form.

No wonder you’re silenced.

Gut gid

4 Likes

We will see honestly…

4 seconds cooldown to Guardian Angel will never be a thing. Just letting you know it will stay at 1.5 second as Mercy’s design is meant to stay a very mobile support.

5 Likes

I do know how good she is but yet again, nerfing the things which aren’t a problem and on top of that the last things which are fun and actually skillful about her is just as wrong as thinking E res could be balanced.

I made a thread about her real issues and how they could be fixed. Go, check it out. Like really, Players should start to think what would be good for everyone.

I read that post in this this thread about her being mobile. I’ll have to look into that much more. There’s also a possibility that it might become 2.5 seconds in the future. I think the devs will continue to watch the supports.

Zenyatta got no changes at all for example and I thought his discord would become 20% or 25%. Yet, he seems like he’s in a good place to be honest. Which is why he remains unchanged.

Fade makes you immune to damage while you are using it and they cannot track your path until you come out.

GA makes Mercy move in a predictable pattern and she is visible and able to take damage throughout.

I don’t think those two abilities are comparable.

If there is one piece of her kit that i would never touch it’s that.

3 Likes

Cannot track? Almost everytime its obvious where Moira gonna pop out of Fade

Only if the player makes it so.

It’s not as if the game forces you into a fixed placement is it.