Mercy needs to go back to 50hp/s

Her healing is just too strong, she becomes too all purpose when she’s able to main heal as well as damage boost while also gaining temporary ‘invincibility’ during her ult which,
don’t get me wrong, you can kill her during, but it becomes difficult enough that the time spent and the risk of not looking at your surroundings is not worth it.

damage boosting should be a risk, right now her healing makes up for too much healing down time and is much too effective as life support on someone taking massive amount of damage.
She’s also enabling the ongoing hitscan crisis.

Either add a delay to switching from heal to boost or bring her healing back to 50 which if we’re honest, was more to do with appeasing people rather than game balance.

16 Likes

Clown icon Correct lol.

Her healing at 50 HPS is consistently seen as too weak. It was seen as too weak before damage creep when it came into the game, it was seen as too weak when it was nerfed down to it after a lot of healing changes (mainly due to the fact that now Moira / Ana / Bap exist in the game now).

It’d be too weak now.

Dmg boost is a funny ability. You can in fact be wasting it on someone if they flop, and that time is downtime from healing.

There’s no temp invincibility, and you shouldn’t bring it up when mercy used to have actual invincibility during Rez lol. If she’s hard to hit, just call it that, otherwise it looks like you haven’t been playing the game long enough to remember ye olden days where in fact mercy had actual invincibility frames. If she’s that unkillable during valk play soldier and shoot her down it’s literally not that hard. Soldiers and McCree’s eat her for breakfast lunch and dinner, i would know.

Mercy has always ‘enabled’ hitscans, but, and this is key, each healer has a certain type of meta they’re good in and what heroes they jive with. Just because Mercy works good with a spread team isn’t reason enough to nerf her lol. If the mercy’s healing alone is enough to keep a lone person up under focus fire, there isn’t actually focus fire. If it seems like the person just isn’t dying and there is actually focus fire, it’s likely that both supports are healing that person, and are therefore doing their job and target calling themselves. Supports doing their jobs together and doing it well isn’t enough to warrant nerfs.

Lastly if it’s literally just a DPS + a mercy if you’re shooting the DPS first you’ve made a serious error in target prioritization she’s punishing you for lol.

She’s also the only support who has a delay because she has to swap weapons if she needs to deal damage herself.

78 Likes

Mercy may be strong now, but she ought to be. She’s a one-target healer who has to attach herself to the target like a giant living harmony orb. Doing her job is riskier and involves more prioritizing than other healers, who can heal from a distance (Ana, Baptiste) or are free to move around and can heal multiple targets at once (Moira, Lucio).

I still don’t like her ult though. “Look at me, I can fly!” Laaaaaame… :unamused:

23 Likes

Bravo, very well said :clap:

5 Likes

I got PTSD from the title of this

19 Likes

Literally lol this would be her third time with 50 HPS if they nerfed it back the reason they’ve buffed it both times is because 50 is too low on a single target main healer.

10 Likes

Funny that the “all-purpose” healer has less utility than some other healers (cough ana), still has zero burst heal, still cannot aoe heal outside ulti, can still only do one job at a time and unlike zen, doesn’t actually become invincible during her ulti.

If other healer utilities come with zero risk and no detriment to their other ability usages unlike mercy who can only do one job at a time, then damageboost too should be free from artificial detriments.

Oh and baptiste and moira still heal more than mercy, but baptiste also has better utility. Moira’s vastly better healing is not a problem.

19 Likes

Hard disagree. Something has to give. I’m not sure if mercy mains want to go to 50 hps or 25% damage boost. I’m opting for the 25% damage boost. She’s just too good at off heals and main heals right now. I think mercy should stay at 55 hps

Of course, the forum is made up of mercy mains. Mercy should stay at 55 hps. But it’s a no brainer that she has to be moved down to 25% damage boost. She’s too good right now. She has been for meta (almost) 10 months

3 Likes

You guys were totally fine when ana had almost 16% pickrate and literally in every single game, while mercy was in the trashcan with her 50hps.

Mercy is completely fine rn.

Meta =/= OP or unbalanced.

Mercy got her healing buffs in May and she only started getting picked right after Brigitte got hard nerfed yet again, sometime in August.

Aka, 55hps mercy still wasn’t good enough compared to Ana/Brig that dominated. It was only after Brigitte got gutted that she started to see usage.

19 Likes

Everyone has been trying to get Ana nerfed. Ana not getting nerfed is blizzards fault. Ana is fine because she takes good mechanics. No, I’m not saying the classic “mercy takes no skill no aim”, simply put, Ana has more impactful abilities with nade and sleep that require precision.
Mercy has been meta for awhile. While she is leaning towards balanced, she is still overtuned. There’s a ton of other balance issues, but once those more critical unbalanced heroes are figured out, mercy should be getting a nerf. She enables too much damage to be put out. Similar to zen they put out too much dmg and that’s 25% of the reason why were here in a damage heavy meta in the first place. Yes, dps needs some minor tunes (hitscan…); however, mercy and zen have enabled it even more to ridiculous levels

1 Like

You know 30% damageboost is still not very good right?

You know average damage amp is only 1,1k damage with a meager 10 offensive assists right?

A zenyatta will be casually doing 10k damage with 17 elims and 18 offensive assists and provides 7.4k healing at the same time.

If it wasn’t for all the breakpoints, damageboost would be buffed since stat wise it’s a poor substitute for damage on a support.

And as far as mercy’s healing goes, she still has no aoe healing, no burst healing and loses in terms of raw statistical output to moira and bap. And anytime she wants to use one beam, she will lack uptime on the other beam, something no other support has to deal with and with no burst, her output gets capped. Other support output and utility is capped by cooldowns ye, but baptiste doing damage can do heavy healing at the same time.

5 Likes

Weird. I have about 40 hours on support (compared to 500 on tank) and like 15 on mercy and I consistently get 3k damage amped a game (5k when partnering with a reaper or Zarya who’s consistently 100 charge) in low diamond. I don’t even play mercy really.

I think the problem is more of how mercy works in the current meta instead of mercy herself. We will have to see where this puts her. If it’s another hitscan meta where you poke from long range, yeah, mercy needs a nerf. If not, then she will be balanced. Mercy right now seems balanced in theory, but she isn’t with all the damage going around. Hopefully this meta changes so damage isn’t so high

There’s a difference between damageboost per game and damageboost per 10/min.

But like I said, a mercy using one beam will be capped on the usage of the other. If you just bluebeam, your healing overall will be low and vice versa. That’s why the average healing of top tier mercy players is lower than in gold, but their damage amp is vastly higher.

2 Likes

Everyone was asking for nerfs lol.

meta means “most effective tactic available” therefore shows that that hero is more valuable than another to the point where it gives you an advantage to pick a hero over the other. META is the definition of unbalanced

Just because we had an op monster like brig doesnt change the fact that currently mercy is too much, same with zen.

you do realize that 50 HP/s mercy was considered a throw pick right? her healing was so bad. She could barely heal a tank and even a DPS. 55 is good right now because its BALANCED. Its not 60 which would be too much and its not 50 which would be to less. Its 55 and 55 is a way to balance both 50 and 60. And its not hard to headshot her with a hitscan if you are good at hitscan, and plus just use soldier cause hes both strong and a counter for mercy. If mercy takes constant dmg in valk she wont regan until you stop shooting her.

2 Likes

a good change should be something like mercy healing depends on target hp… example 60hps on tanks and 40 on 200hp dps heros.

2 Likes

that would make her an even larger of a throw pick, no offense :heart:

then nerf dmg boost or movement…

nerf dmg boost to 25% or 20% is my recommendation. Then in valk boost it to 30%. And nerf zen discord

3 Likes

Like I said, her healing isn’t the problem. Just nerf her damage boost to 25 for goodness sake. Mercy was a throw pick at 50 and a must pick at 60. The reason she’s one of the best supports is because damage creep has meant that she will be boosting more damage. Same thing with zen

1 Like