Mercy/Moira Comp pickrates (PC)

The truth is a lot of Mercy players are secret adrenaline junkies who have a live or die mentality. They don’t get that same rush if the game winning play doesn’t come down to whether they get the big res off or not. A safe, passive, teamwide healing ult just doesn’t compare.

2 Likes

I mean there’s only one reason why she’s picked that much atm, she’s the only main healer being able to dive (Moira suffers from high ground and Ana don’t need to talk about her), she’s really good with Zen too.

If dive becomes less played then we’ll see more Moira and other healers.

Anyone who thinks Mercy is not the best Support, is simply incorrect and doesnt play enough Support. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Probably DVa I would think?

It’s like that joke about the god-fearing flood victim who refuses assistance from two boats that come along and then drowns. When he asks god why he didn’t save him god says, “I sent you two boats!”

Mercy mains: “The devs are ignoring us!”

Devs: “We made Moira and Brigitte for you! What more do you want?”

5 Likes

So they are both currently around 10%? Not to shabby i’d say. Looks like Moira has settled where mercy is on a small rise in usage.

Generalisation again. Not everyone wants ‘mass res’ as much as you’d like to believe. Many would be happy with an ultimate that could potentially deliver the impact that most other ultimate abilities can, and no that’s not just mass res. There have been plenty of other suggestions even though some people keep unfortunately bringing up mass res. I’m not of the ‘mass res’ camp.

The problem is fairly simple, Valkyrie, it feels like a standard ability and not an ultimate ability. The only potential impact it can deliver is going Battle Mercy but that’s counter intuitive as you aren’t trying to keep your team alive by doing that. I’ve never understood why Valkyrie has unlimited pistol ammo and frankly I would be quite happy to see that aspect of it be replaced. Her ‘on fire’ meter is also quite a challenge to get short of going Battle Mercy, again somewhat counter intuitive to Mercy’s identity and role. Right now Valkyrie can’t deliver the potential impact that many other ultimate abilities can. It can’t potentially outheal some burst damage or even potentially protect some of the team from an enemy ultimate unlike other healers ultimate abilities.

Anyway, that’s enough participation from me in this thread. I’ve delivered my point of view, whether anyone currently here partly or completely agrees or not.

1 Like

I did switch, to Ana. I feel even more ignored playing her… :confused:

1 Like

Valkyrie currently does this. As much as you guys want to lie and say it doesn’t it’s just not true. It’s why Mercy is still top of the list in pickrate in ladder and in the OWL.

Again, this is just not true.

Ana’s can’t either. It can’t even heal the team like Mercy’s can. Lucio and Zen cannot damage boost in their ultimates and they don’t last as long as Mercy. It’s almost like all the support ultimates are different in terms of what they do…

1 Like

Well, one thing that occurred to me.

Is a healer with very high ultimate “value”, and consistently high normal “value” balanced?

Normally your expect “Peaks” in value to be balanced out by “Valleys” in value.

So maybe instead of giving Mercy strong downsides, they just gave her weaker “Peak” value.

That would be my first guess, followed by Tracer.

Moira != Mercy
Brigitte != Mercy

Full apologies if I missed sarcasm

How so? Honest question; I don’t know the numbers behind the abilities, e.g. “Mercy’s damage boost is worth X%” was something I heard from an OWL commentator and promptly forgot :slight_smile:

Edit: I mean, the OWL commentators make like Valk is a big thing, but the only benefit it has over an Orisa / Zen ult is that it can be either/or. It still only targets one person, and the advantage it provides over a non-Valkyrie dmg / healing boost seems mathematical (i.e. I can’t tell the difference, but maybe that’s just me). Transcendence / Supercharger blows it out of the water (sky?).

You didn’t. You simply missed the point.

Which is why I asked for clarification. I will continue not to hold my breath.

It’s impactful because a teamwide heal/damage boost is a huge boon for pushing. Lucio/Zen ults are wonderful for saving you from an ulting Genji but different ultimates do different things. Ana/Zen/Lucio/Moira/Brigitte all have different ultimates, not every ult needs to do the exact same thing as transcendence.

Also this isn’t even taking into account a characters power outside of their ult. Character’s ultimates are balanced by what they can do outside of the ult. Moira’s ultimate isn’t soundbarrier, can’t save you from a Genji ult but it still has it’s niche and outside of ultimatesMoira is a better character for dueling and healing than Lucio is.

If your team is grouped everyone gets it. Supercharger can be and is frequently bursted down and Valk makes Mercy herself extra survivable. Everyone’s ult shouldn’t be able to do the same thing. Also in most cases Valkyrie is better than supercharger or Ana’s nanoboost while also providing more things than those two do.

Mercy’s kit outside of Resurrect and Valkyrie is garbage, which was shown clearly back her lack of play pre-rework.

This argument especially makes no sense when you realize that “Main Healers” don’t exist at the pro level. Even if they did, there are more “Main Healers” than “Off-Healers” (which means Mercy’s pickrate should be artificially deflated compared to other supports).

That doesn’t seem like a true statement.

Yes, it is. Back when she didn’t have another ability she was hot garbage in organized play. Her basic kit was terrible compared to the other supports and that hasn’t changed at all. The difference now is that she has Valkyrie (but slightly less Resurrect value).

She also has regen on a 1 second cooldown, and much higher mobility with GA bounces.

As for organized play, there was a while between Shield Meta, and Dive Meta where it was all Lucio+Zen, but then the Lucio range got shrunk a lot.

Very strong consistent heals on a hero with great mobility that rarely dies.

Why is that “garbage”?