Mercy mains giving up due to overwatch devs

I'm getting tired of playing mercy because she feels like you can't do much with her during a fight, Blizzard is trying to balance mercy but balancing mercy with this version of her isn't going to make mercy mains happy and i hope that the overwatch devs realize this soon. The mercy with the mass rez (before invulnerability) was very fun and had room for improvement, but after mercy got the invulnerability buff everyone started to spread misinformation about mass rez. Many people started to think that mass rez was too op just somehow, and they could've fixed it by just removing invulnerability. But now almost everything about mercy is nerfed because rez shouldn't be set on a cooldown since it has a high value and also no one enjoys it at the moment. Also valkyrie doesn't feel like you havea ton of impact on a fight, moira's coalescence can heal at 130hps and can do 80dps. 

Here are some ways the old mercy (without invulnerability) could’ve been fixed rather than giving her a rework that no mercy main ever wanted.

1. Give her an e ability, pretty sure you could’ve tried that rather than nerfing her to the ground after so many nerfs
  2. Rather than giving her a rework, you could’ve looked at the ideas that other people were giving because the old mercy had room for improvement
  3. You could’ve kept rez as an ultimate, fixed the l.o.s. of the ultimate, not give her invulnerability, and maybe if she got bunny hop sooner this it would’ve helped her survive more.
  4. If you aren’t going to do any of these things, at least put previous patches of not only mercy but all heroes in custom games so that people can enjoy the game even more.

If mercy can be reverted, get buffs and nerfs to make her feel like a better hero because yes i know it can be disheartening to kill 5 people then for someone to rez them all, aren’t ults supposed to be disheartening to the enemy team.

Therefore I think that the whole rework made mercy feel way worse to play than the mercy with mass rez without the invulnerability because it made people that played mercy feel like they were having more fun than this version of mercy. And i know that the overwatch devs are going to keep on trying to nerf mercy until they feel like she’s balanced but if they care about other people playing the game more then they should listen to the community rather than trying to get the perfect balance. At least if they’re not going to revert Mercy, then maybe they can allow different versions of Mercy and all heroes on custom games.

Just to let anyone who thinks that mercy was op with rez as an ult, she was in f-tier with that ult, and that was because rez was an ult where if u rezzed, you would most of the time get killed, but SOMEHOW became op after she got invulnerability and people kept on spreading misinformation

Thank you to anyone that read this.

139 Likes

I don’t see a downside here

39 Likes

Heres a concept;

That doesnt matter. Your opinion on mercy doesnt matter more because you play her. There are 5 people on your team that are not playing mercy. There are 6 on the enemy. If you balance her around how she feels for the mercy- then 11 people a game get a bad feeling game. If you balance how mercy feels around the other 11… people are happier in the long run.

ps they have probably thought of most of the suggestions people have given and tested them. Mercy players are 100% the most catered to subsect in the history of the game.

130 Likes

Yeah hiding was so much better and more fun to do during a fight rather than play the game. :slight_smile:

46 Likes

Overall, some great suggestions. Overall, It’s time to bring Mercy back to where she was engaging, impactful and rewarding to play. It’s time for a Revert + The tweaks. :blush:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
xavvypls
:blue_heart:

23 Likes

You do realize in order to get a Mercy ult, you have to heal/boost right? You don’t just spontaniously get ult for “hiding.” I don’t want mass rez back, and no I don’t like the constant spam on forums about Mercy this or that. But the misceptions are aids. You assume Mercy just sits idolly in a corner as her team does everything, and she just hides. It never happened that way. In order to even HIDE for an ult, it meant she had to be in at least a team fight or two or constantly healing to even have an ult to do that at all lol. Please stop with these biased, non truthful assumptions. Most of the time, it’s not even true or warranted friend.

29 Likes

At this point I’ve nearly given up on the game. The dev team seems to have no idea what to do and look only to statistics for input and not play the game to understand how things got that way.

Back when I played League of Legends I played several games with Riot employees on random queues; I don’t think I’ve ever heard anyone playing with a Blizzard Dev here… or really any game for that matter.

22 Likes

If they are the most catered too then why did she get reworked and nerfed 14 patches in a row, lied to by the devs on multiple instances, and have all the posts about her shoved into a mega thread and/or deleted with a handful of them being banned for no reason? The Mercy fan base didnt want the rework in the first place.

43 Likes

Here’s a concept:

Instead of speaking for something that has not happened yet, give criticisms, not false information. It goes a long way, especially if you want your opinion to be taken seriously.

Also, while the Developers are doing an OK job, depending on what your views are, they did not address Mercy the correct way. Until they tell us the potential ideas that they thought of to get the Mercy main’s perspective on it, then you can, in no way, assume that they thought of it.

Just a penny for your thoughts. :blush:

9 Likes

This is based on the presumption that anyone who does play mercy would form the same opinion of her as you.

Which is not the case. Many people ENJOY mercy as she is now. What is so hard to believe about the concept that perhaps Overwatch dev’s DO play the game and LIKE how mercy plays now?

9 Likes

As a Mercy player and ex-Mercy main (not because of the rework, because Sombra was released), I like Mercy how she is now, though. :man_shrugging:

16 Likes

LOL
What a joke. If that were even HALF true, she would have never been reworked in the first place. Or if she had, there would have been way fewer nerfs.
Get a clue, Mercy players are the most hated and most ignored, and it’s high time that changed.

29 Likes

Mercy has easily got the most attention and gets changes insanely quick. She was changed to acheive balance. She is balanced. Yet they are still looking out for her.

6 Likes

Basically.

Because Blizzard doesn’t release some buffs/nerfs/tweaks on ptr, people think they haven’t tested it internally or with pros.

It is nothing but shortsighted.

11 Likes

I played over 500 hours on medic in TF2 and am full aware of the sidekick healer play style, Mercy right now just doesn’t have the oomph to pull it off. Uber’s feel powerful and it’s a supportive mechanic, Valkyrie is just missing that feeling of power.

I would agree there are those who enjoy it, sure; more power to them. I have yet to see the devs ever speak of the state of the game from a personal prospective, they always refer to numbers/statistics. And again see if you can find any of us who have said they got randomly matched with a Blizzard employee. Outside of WoW GM’s you never hear of people interacting with Blizzard staff in their games.

11 Likes

This is all just your personal preferences though. They may be true for YOU but that does not conflate with what is true for EVERYONE.

You clearly have not listened to any of the interviews that Geoff and Jeff have gone through. They have been asked if they play the game and have stated repeatedly that they do.

it would be foolish to presume they do not unless you have evidence that proves otherwise. The only reason to assume otherwise is due needing it in order to fit a narrative of the Dev’s not caring.

2 Likes

And how many of those changes followed what Mercy players actually wanted? Basically none.

She was reworked to fix a problem that didn’t exist, then overnerfed to fix another problem that could have been easily avoided. That’s not acheving balance.

They nerfed her FIVE plus times in a row for crying out loud, that is not “looking out for her” whatsoever. They finally gave her one minor buff after all that, still hardly looking out for her. More like finally realizing you went past overkill and applying a band aid to fix it.
If the devs would at least admit how much of a colossal failure the rework was / is, maybe I’d have some sympathy.

19 Likes

Some rare species of masochist, perhaps?
I mean Mercy’s kill/death ratio is well known, after all.
“Oooh! I’ve been a naughty player! I was nearly useful last match! Nerf me…Ohhh! Nerf me, nerf me!”

Like how she plays NOW? Well thank goodness we got 14 consecutive nerfs. That totally convinces me that we have players on the dev team that main Mercy. I’m a believer now, you’re so compelling.

11 Likes

Would you rather they nerfed her to her current state in one nerf? Multiple nerfs means they care. It means they are willing to look out and take her slowly to make sure they dont overnerf her.

Again… taking it slowly to make sure that this time she isnt OVERbuffed.

Shes balanced, has a niche, healthy wr/pr.

2 Likes

Mass Rez isn’t coming back. Let it go.

10 Likes