Mercy mains dont make sense when they say she "isnt fun anymore"

Mercy was a troll pick before she received the Invulnerability Buff! Also that’s kind of rude to say Mercy mains were boosted because, how is that true for all of them? Literally anyone can be boosted. Sorry to tell you.

Mercy is no longer engaging and has little to no impact on a match anymore.

1 Like

I mean I could point out how Mercy feels like she has no more impact on the game due to her lack of healing. Or the fact that the Mercy Threads are locked…hm… :thinking:

Lucio and Zen are off-healers—they’re not meant to be a pure, raw source of healing like Mercy is.

Ana is difficult in her own way (having to aim, knowing when to use her nade, etc.) and Moira has good group healing but it is limited.

1 Like

You’re incorrect! :blush:

Any ult is “just pressing Q”. Just saying and basically every ult isnt “fun”.

Here’s a poll! Enjoy the read! :blush:

Mercy Survey - Results

Yeah sure but remember how mercy got reworkes in the first place simply because mass rez was “unfun”? Cause really it wasnt op, and if they really just wanted to just balance it they wouldve added counterplay to the ult and not rework her entire kit

2 Likes

I mean, I admire those of you who can be bothered to spell this out again. Myself I just can’t. I’m just gonna pray for a new main healer that can take her spot so I can save Mercy for the times I just want to do my Pharah main a favor and pocket them the whole game (btw, congratz on making PharMercy even more obnoxious on console after the changes).

Hilariously, at this point it’s more efficient to go pure battle-mercy and not heal all that much. You get more ult charge faster by shooting, and while ulting, her pistol and free flight are more effective than the chain beams by far.

2 Likes

I find Valkyrie to be far more engaging, personally. But most of the Mercy complaints I’ve seen seem to treat the “fun” of old Mercy as some sort of objective fact, and not mere opinion.

This is absurd. You’re right… Valkyrie changed nothing about her at all.

Fun is subjective. People don’t find her fun. The fact that the people who main her and therefore have the most time on her find her to be boring, says something.

Mercy mains find fun in pressing x to win

They just want an insta-win triangle button again.

Thank the heavens that’s never coming back. :blush:

1 Like

Ijs, I’d be very worried if anyone was taking an anywhere close to an entire 5 minutes to charge their ultimate.

That’s the secret. Mercy mains won’t have fun again until they are given back mass res. Everything else is the same gameplay.

For me, Mercy has always been fun. Her kit has been amazing, even it was strangely shifted. Her character, mobility, and role all spoke to me from the beginning to now. I still keep playing her for those reasons.

However
Mercy has become less impactful and less engaging the more nerfs she received.
The rework lowered her skill ceiling, which meant that your character now peaks far lower and her potential is far less in competitive scene. The devs intentions were to make her more engaging by making her do the exact same thing she already does before her ultimate, only in ultimate it’s easier and you can go upwards.

Regardless of that, she was still engaging enough to play until her healing rate was absolutely toned down to these levels.

She is a hero of her class that can’t do her job properly. If Mercy could put out her healing and do damage at the same time, then the healing strenght wouldn’t be an issue.
You can’t engage in a fight nowadays, because either your healing can’t keep anyone alive, and you don’t have a dps option to harm the enemy while you’re healing.
If a mercy whips out her gun, she is almost immediately scoffed to go back to healing and stop doing damage, that’s because her main role is to heal. Yet you can’t even do that properly anylonger.
You have no role in you team, and it only feels frustrating to play a hero you love that cant do what they were designed to do.
Much like if reaper was now nerfed in damage enough so he couldn’t properly take down tanks, or Tracer having 10 second cooldown on her blinks. Defeats the purpose of the hero.

Bottom line is, I think for many MMains, is that they want their hero to do -something- properly.
Either let her healing role be good enough to sustain, or lower it more and give her the ability to do damage as well, like the other supports do. When she does none of those things properly, it makes people frustrated. Power has been taken away from the player and all anyone says to the complaints are
“Just pick another hero”

Of course it’s just my opinion here, as OP asked. But I do think it’s just the frustration over the hero they love to play being pulled down so far when there were other options to create the balance. No one wants mercy to be op like she used to, even mercy mains protested against it then.
And then the comments of plenty come in about how you should simply adapt to it, by the same people who refuse to adapt to counter brigitte.

Wow that was long, I’m sorry. :smiley:

And I can point out that this is simply ridiculous. Sure, she has less impact and can’t help people like she used to, but when I resurrect someone with their ultimate and we win 3 v 5, I had an impact.

I haven’t seen a locked Mercy thread in a long time … :thinking:

Doubt it since it’s literally impossible. That being said, some can agree that mass Resurrect was fun and one of the reasons behind this is how engaging the thought process was; this part you can’t dismiss as subjective since it’s objectively true. Anyway, I want people’s concerns to get addressed rather than ignored simply because their opinion may be the minority and is just subjective opinions. :blush:

𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓜𝓮𝓻𝓬𝔂 𝓘𝓬𝓮 𝓒𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓶 𝓜𝓸𝓿𝓮𝓶𝓮𝓷𝓽

:shaved_ice::chocolate_bar:

Spreading positivity and ice cream, one Mercy at a time.

sums it up perfectly.