Mercy Mains - Are you currently happy with the Rework?

Fellow Mercy mains,

What are your thoughts about Mercy’s current rework? Statistically, she is said to be more balanced now than she was previously, but has dropped quite a bit in terms of her overall pickrates, so I’m pretty curious.

Are you guys overall happy with the changes?
Why or why not? Post below!

Note: If you are NOT a Mercy main, and if your most played hero is NOT Mercy, I’d kindly ask if you please DO NOT share your views of her in this thread. This is just to ONLY get the opinions on people who actually mains Mercy.

Thank you! :slight_smile:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
xavvypls
:blue_heart:

55 Likes

What do I have to be happy about ?

84 Likes

Boring to play and 0 impact on the game as rez doesn’t make up for her bad healing output. Nothing to be happy about to be honest, but I’ll still play her.

78 Likes

35 Likes

Her mobility is fun, but that’s about it. Everything else in her kit is boring to me.

41 Likes

Theres that. I also love pocketing whichever dps is doing best and making their rampage on the enemy team even worse.

2 Likes

Must… resist… the urge to troll.

So I won’t. Ha.

What exactly about her is not fun that was fun before the rework?

(I don’t find her impact a valid response)

8 Likes

She was fun when her ultimate was on Q instead of E with a 30 second cooldown. It’s still an ultimate and Valkyrie is a casual ability.

5 Likes

The simple response, no.

I still play her from time to time, but :man_shrugging:t3:

3 Likes

Oh please, people throw out threads that are super direct with their intentions of antagonizing Mercy mains, and when someone makes a thread asking those Mercy mains if they’re happy you throw out “Trolling”

I remember when I had the chance to make an impact on the game

31 Likes

I don’t want to ignore your point but I have trouble understanding this sentiment of not having any impact.

In my experience Mercy greatly impacts my games, it is just much more subtle than mass res.

4 Likes

Pretty sure you know what the mercy mains on these forums think from the millions of posts in the past year.

25 Likes

Yep! She’s tons of fun, a lot more so than the 1.0 version imo, and hopefully she’s finally balanced! Being OP was great for a while, but the challenge that comes from playing a balanced hero is also fun. It’s also fun that I don’t HAVE to pick Mercy either, having options is nice.

6 Likes

Not exactly. Hence the title.

Mercy Mains - Are you currently happy with the Rework?

How they felt “in the past year” is irrelevant to knowing how they feel about her now, which is the purpose of this thread.

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
xavvypls
:blue_heart:

4 Likes

Why are you acting like she has no impact when she can initiate fights with her ult and reverse picks? That’s beyond impactful

1 Like

I like the changes to GA and I like the concept of Valk (what it was supposed to fix).

But overall I hate it!

4 Likes

It’s fine. I think the old design was slightly more interesting to play (the decision of when to use Rez added a fair amount of nuance to her character), but she’s certainly still very viable and probably less annoying to play against.

1 Like

Okay, well you still know what they think from the past couple weeks on the forums, every 2nd thread is a mercy complaining…

4 Likes

Because a good mercy player doesn’t need free flight and your whole team is dead by the time you rez someone. If somehow someone is still alive after you finish rezzing someone, you won’t be able to save them as 50hp/s is not enough to save sh*t.

16 Likes

No not really.

Well I’m going to explain what was fun about old Mercy that new Mercy doesn’t have… that work?

Anyway… Mass Resurrect… that’s the short answer.

The long answer is that…

Firstly, most of Mercy’s power and playmaking potential was wrapped up in Mass Resurrect. What that means is that the Mercy player is in this constant balancing act of playing more recklessly to gain her ult before she needs it but not too recklessly that they get killed.

Secondly, Mass Resurrect may not look it, but it is the highest risk/reward ultimate in the game. It can literally give your team a second chance NO MATTER WHAT HITS THEM… that’s insane. On the flip side… If you die before you use it, your pick is worthless and you should be on someone else. If you use it wrong… congrats, you just fed the enemy team a TON of ult charge. If you use it too early, you just start a massive cascade of enemy ults and it was pointless. If you use it too late, the enemy team will easily get the first punch in on your team and you’ll probably lose that fight. Trying to judge the best time to use her ult was not easy.

Thirdly, remember how I said Mass Resurrect can recover your team from anything? Yeah that doesn’t happen if you as Mercy die. So while your base kit isn’t super mechanically engaging… you are SUPER engaged because you are literally on the lookout for EVERYTHING, especially since you are THE highest priority target on your team.

Edit adding a contrast section:
Contrast that with Current Mercy.

Valkyrie is not most of her playmaking potential and is generally considered a fairly weak ult. No one is going to take extra risks to get it in time… because why would you?

When to use Resurrect? It’s on a 30s CD so as early as you can without dying. When to use Valkyrie? During a fight I guess? I don’t know… 50 AoE HPS is meh and the thing lasts 15s so… use it whenever I guess.

Resurrect is on a 30s CD and Valkyrie is trash and you can’t recover your team from anything except single picks so… why be hyper vigilant? It doesn’t matter nearly as much if you die.

21 Likes