Mercy Mains | 10 Hard To Swallow Pills šŸ’Š

Well I just want something more fun and less sluggish, this mercy is very dumb. A rework, revert, whatever it is, just FIX IT.

And the fact is, Mass res not coming back was never mentioned by the game director. I am glad we can come to that conclusion! Carrying on indeed. :blush:

Then we are at an agreement. And since your following post is asking for a subjective opinion, I donā€™t believe continuing on this topic is of any constructive merit past this point. What I find important with her and what you find important with her are two different things. And I believe we have already discussed our differences in the past, so Iā€™d rather not reinvent the wheel. Letā€™s agree to disagree and leave our opinions as that. Thanks for your cooperation! :blush:

I respect your view, but Iā€™m not sure I agree with some of it. I donā€™t judge people by how many days people spend posting topics. I believe that if someone has something to say about a hero like Mercy, they should have the freedom and right to say it. That includes their dissatisfaction with the hero. You are entitled to your opinions on her and those that are voicing their thoughts are entitled to theirs. Thereā€™s no ā€œforum limitā€ to how many topics people should post a day, so I wouldnā€™t really worry about what others think. Just my 2 cents! :blush:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
xavvypls
:blue_heart:

The game director specifically said he put to rest the idea that Mercy was going to be reverted. In that case, he was specifically referencing the return of Mercyā€™s former ultimate ability, Resurrect. That is not an interpretive statement, but rather factual.

We thank you in advance for updating your records accordingly, as to avoid the misleading remarks that contribute to forum toxicity. Move along, Citizen.

Sincerely,
The Moira Perrier Movement
:cup_with_straw:

Oh I thought this was going to be a post with actual content, especially when it started with ā€œwe want mercy to be funā€ then it turned into an old revert mercy thread.

Hereā€™s a hard to swallow pill Mercy wasnā€™t fun with mass Rez. Giving her an instant ability to provide huge value to the team isnā€™t fun and interactive itā€™s just makes her a must pick. I too want mercy to be fun but reverting her is worse than doing nothing

Just wanted to point out that she was, statistically speaking, underpowered with mass Res.

š“£š“±š“® š“œš“®š“»š“¬š”‚ š“˜š“¬š“® š“’š“»š“®š“Ŗš“¶ š“œš“øš“暝“®š“¶š“®š“·š“½

:shaved_ice::chocolate_bar:

Spreading positivity and ice cream, one Mercy at a time.
1 Like

I hear you and Iā€™m dissatisfied with the hero as well, but the whole story is starting to become a meme and some of these posts are more cringy than actually useful. And to make it worse, one third of the Mercy mains want 1.0 (1.5?) back, one third wants 2.0 back, a small amount wants some kind of buff just by increasing number and a very few people wants an actual rework with rez removed or something huge like that.

So even saying ā€œMercy mainsā€ has no true meaning since even the revert or a rework would leave at least half of them (us) dissatisfied.

During a portion of her existence yes mass Rez was UP because despite giving massive value to the team she would more often then not be deleted because of it.

Thatā€™s more of an arguement for why she wasnā€™t fun with mass rez than an arguement for it.

You actually donā€™t have anything from anywhere. It wasnā€™t an explanation-- it was a fact. Thanks for perpetuating the meme youā€™ve made out of yourselves, though.

Actually it was a majority of her existence. Even if Invulnerability, she couldnā€™t break past D-Tier.

It was fun because of its functionality. It felt good to analyze the situation, dodge attacks, play passively or aggressively and Ressing teammates. The mind games made it fun. That got replaced with an ultimate that removes all of the challenges Mercy faces for 15 seconds. Itā€™s honestly a glorified spectator mode.

š“£š“±š“® š“œš“®š“»š“¬š”‚ š“˜š“¬š“® š“’š“»š“®š“Ŗš“¶ š“œš“øš“暝“®š“¶š“®š“·š“½

:shaved_ice::chocolate_bar:

Spreading positivity and ice cream, one Mercy at a time.

Well I guess everyone plays video games for fun fair enough. So if you donĀ“t find hero X fun to play why play him/her? There are 28 other heroes to choose from I can hardly imagine none of them are fun to you. I mean there is such a diverse set of characters in this game and you find none of them fun enough to play the game, besides the imaginary hero that is old mercy? Then FPS games maybe arenĀ“t something for you.

You are right generalizations are always bad, even though most of them have quite a real background.

See above, generalizations are bad, but understandable considering the massive outcry from Mercy players especially if you compare it to other heroes that are really bad. Mercy is still useful, she is just not the best healer in any case anymore. She may on average even be the weakest healer right now, but still has her place in game where she is really good, and is basically never unplayable unlike many other heroes. Support heroes are just very well balanced now, with Mercy on average maybe being a slightly bit weaker. Although even this is questionable, because about half of the playerbase is gold and lower, and in this ranks Mercy still is the best healer.

No matter how good or bad Mercy is, the outrage is not justified. It would have been justified in the beginning of Overwatch, where Mercy was the only main healer. Now with so many heroes to choose and in MercyĀ“s case with enough healers to choose it is not justified.
An outrage for a single ā€œtoo weakā€ hero is never justified, regardless of what hero we are talking. An outrage is only justified if a single hero is too strong, because well it can make up to 28 other heroes unplayable.
Having 1 hero unplayable is always better then having the rest of the heroes unplayable (and Mercy isnĀ“t even close to unplayable)

I like a lot flavors of ice cream. Maybe not 29 but several. So if the taste of one of my favorite flavors is changed, well i take another one. As long as not all my favorite ice cream flavors are changed to my disliking (or maybe a majority of them) I donĀ“t have a problem with that.
Besides always eating the same flavor of ice cream is boring as hell.

Well repeating the same topic on several threads usually is considered spam as well, it does not matter if it is the same user or not. Most forums even have a sticky posting telling you to use the search before opening a new thread and look if there is already one for your topic and use this instead.

Stupid generalizations yeah.

While it maybe true, the reluctance of many Mercy mains to switch to another hero is at least an indication that this is not true for many Mercy mains.
The reason for this might be MercyĀ“s unique kit. With almost every other hero in this game you find a large amount of overlap to other heroes. This is obviously not true for Mercy, so if you switch from Mercy to another hero you almost have to learn the game from the beginning, unless you switch from battle Mercy to little D.Va, which I guess is not really an effective way to play the game.
The only thing you really can take over to another hero is positioning, and if you switch to a less mobile hero you might struggle with that.

Well if I enjoy a hero which is a niche pick I certainly would not use it every game and only in the situations where it works. Which means I already would have to play other heroes quite some time, so this niche becoming smaller should not be much of a problem.

Mercy was not reworked because she was unfun and counter intuitive to play.
Mass-Rez was never OP, actually in plat and above you rarely ever had a rez of more then 2 people, which obviously explains why she was so OP when she got this rez ā€œfor freeā€.
Of course considering that outcry it is questionable how many players enjoy more playing her the old or the new way. I still still think there are at least as much enjoying her more the new way, and the unsatisfied players just scream louder, as it usually is the case. But of course I do not have any evidence for this.
I am also questioning how many of this ā€œloud playersā€ actually played old Mercy and did just start playing her when she was OP, and are now unsatisfied because she is not OP anymore.

Well yeah, but Blizzard said they wonĀ“t bring her old Ultimate back, so I guess it is highly unlikely, even if they may revert part of her kit.

Take some of this and have fun :smirk:

Mechanically, the only difference between Mercy 1.0 and 2.0 are the different ults, rez on E and the upgraded GA. (No matter what else happens, the GA bunnyhop should stay in mercyā€™s kit).

Correct me if Iā€™m wrong, but your stance on Mercy is that you donā€™t want to see Valkyrie go? It would be really simple to make a version of Valkyrie Mercyā€™s new E ability.

Another way to preserve the fun of flying through the air (while conveniently leaving the E slot free for a utility ability) would be:

• Make the superjump bug official: press crouch during GA to cancel it into a superjump.

• Add a hybrid option to the GA targeting system: fly to who you target, fly to your beam target when no one else is in your crosshairs.

• Upgrade Angelic Descent from a featherfall to a true glide. Use it to get between platforms, or access high ground from further away when combined with the superjump.

You canā€™t say a majority of Mercy players donā€™t like playing her and call it an opinion. That doesnā€™t make any legitimate sense.

mercy has more utility than moira

Having an opinion on your perception on ā€œwhat he was referring toā€ without proof is suddenly fact? Oh dear. That seems to be another misconception Iā€™m afraid. Do you have proof of Jeff saying specifically ā€œMass res isnā€™t going to be reverted?ā€ Based on our last few discussions, I do not believe you do. Thereforeā€¦ Until then, I believe this has become non-constructive and we really are done here! But hey! Thanks for projecting your opinions nonetheless. Once again, we will have to agree to disagree. Have a good one, and I wish you well on your endeavors.

This was certainly fun, but letā€™s get back on topic. This is a discussion on Mercy mains and the common misconceptions surrounding them, not what our speculations on what we think the devs said about Mass rez. Thanks for your cooperation guys! :blush:

Well I think what we deem as ā€œcringey or notā€ is certainly our own preferences, but Iā€™m pretty sure that people (not just Mercy mains) are always going to be dissatisfied with something regardless anyway. We are on the overwatch forums after all arenā€™t we? I donā€™t think a revert or a rework in and of itself would change the rate at which people complain about things, so I say, we might as well go for it. Itā€™s not like we have anything to lose at this point, and I think itā€™s safe to say that the ā€œforums arenā€™t complaining about anythingā€ threshold has already been broken by now.

What I believe is important is that regardless, people are voicing their opinions on the heroes and providing feedback on them. Besides, if no one says anything about the hero, how else would the dev team know if something is wrong with them, right? :blush:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
xavvypls
:blue_heart:

Haha your meme game has been on point these days. Im saving this one next time somone bringa their opinion as ā€œhard to swallow pillsā€

My stance is that I much prefer Valkyrie to mass rez. I wouldnā€™t mind CD rez being replaced with something else if thatā€™s what the devs decide to do, but I most certainly do not want any form of mass rez back. I found it to lead to very unhealthy play styles that revolved entirely around Mercy on both teams in any given match.

I also find Valkyrie to be extremely versatile and lots of fun. It gives good Mercys a chance to shine and provides little benefit to people who donā€™t use it for anything other than holding down M1. I like my skill being rewarded. While Iā€™m not a fan of the rez mechanic in general, I still see CD rez as a much more skill-intensive and interesting mechanic than it gets credit for. Iā€™ve noticed that low-to-mid-level Mercy players hate it and find it useless while those who find it to be insanely powerful and impactful are more likely to be higher-level players. More tools and more options equal more opportunity for skill to me and I like that. Thatā€™s why I donā€™t want a revert.

I am sharing what I remember. Itā€™s not an opinion, although you might try and dismiss that as ā€œsubjectiveā€.
What sort of proof would you like to see? Official statement form the devs, that a lot of people complained about the game started to revolve around mass res some time prior to the rework? I highly doubt youā€™ll hear that in a dev update.
Or you would like me to collect all the threads of people complaining on the old forums?

Even if I bothered to do all that for you, the truth is, that I already anticipated what the reaction would be. I said, that Mercy mains refuse to acknowledge, that things were not fine prior to the rework. You seem to be a prime example.
Why do you think the rework happened in the first place? Because the devs were bored and wanted to troll Mercy mains?!

Watch the dev update from back when this happened if you like:

Only 1 gender. Just saying.

No one even plays bastion. He just made up the idea that bastion mains exist. Theyā€™ve never existed.

Secondly there was actually a meta after the turret changes where he was default dps pick in every game. He was busted, simply because he had like 600 hp in turret form.

:smiley:
Twenty characters