Mercy Mains | 10 Hard To Swallow Pills šŸ’Š

Please donā€™t bring back mass rez. Thank you!

idk, us hog fans never cried to the extent that many mercy drama queens do. Mercy mains get a bad rep because the complaining never
stops.

I get that people just want to be happy but there is so much melodrama here about Mercy. And iā€™m not talking just general complaining, no, it often evolves further into full-on histrionics. How can Blizz be so stupid? So callous? So mean? Why are we being targeted? Why do you hate us? We just want to be happy. Etc. This type of sh**. The self-victimizing tone of many of these posts is what sets the rest of us off.

There is entitlement in many Mercy mains, this post does not convince me otherwise. Truth is your favorite hero was OP for a very long time, and the rest of us fans dealt with it. Your turn is finally over. Relax. If you enjoy Overwatch, learn other heroes. Become a better player. If you cannot do that then honestly Overwatch is not the game for you. No one should skate by playing Mercy forever, honestly thatā€™s like a baseball player who can catch the ball but cantā€™t throw it, canā€™t run, canā€™t hit, canā€™t steal, etc.

Being one-dimensional is your own shortcoming and your own flaw. You know what the saddest part is? Ana is a much more intricate, skilled, and rewarding hero to play. If you guys would even bother expanding your repertoire you could enjoy the game in other ways like the rest of us do.

I appreciated this thread until you included the assuming gender part, like cā€™mon. That was a pretty lazy argument to include imo.

1 Like

I see your point. I figured I ask for clarification there since I was a little confused, so thanks for clearing that up. :slight_smile:

Still, I would like to inform you that not every Mercy main feels that way towards the treatment of other heroes and who plays them. And I would like to make it clear, that NO hero deserves to be gutted or ignored. No matter who plays what.

Iā€™m a mercy player, and I donā€™t think itā€™s fair to paint us all under the same brush stroke. There are some Mercy mains who think only they got the bad end of the stick and that no one else did, and others who feel that they arenā€™t the only ones who are getting ignored. There are many Mercy players for example, who have been siding with various Bastion mains in getting their hero a rework again / made viable (me included). Speaking for myself, Iā€™ve made multiple threads on different heroes asking for them to be looked at both here and on the old forums, and have been vouching for things like the Roadhog and Sombra buffs long before it was even a reality (thereā€™s probably other heroes Iā€™ve been vouching for fixes / buffs / etc as well, but itā€™s been a while and I donā€™t feel like listing every single instance at the moment). But I have the links to prove it if youā€™re really curious. :smiley:

Iā€™m sure there are a lot more Mercy mains who have done a lot more in support of other heroes than me as well, so I wouldnā€™t say that ā€œThe Mercy mainsā€ in general arenā€™t sensitive to the issues surrounding other heroes. Everyone is different, and thereā€™s always going to be bad apples, but they donā€™t represent the whole tree. And heck, if you asked around, Iā€™m pretty sure youā€™d be surprised on how many Mercy mains like me, didnā€™t want their hero to be OP or a must pick, and preferred her to be niche and / or a troll pick with mass rez before the invincibility buffs - since she was at least engaging, impactful, balanced (albeit a bit underpowered), and fun. And to be honest, I would rather have her been the way she was back then in the F-tier, then have been forced upon a rework that made her OP for 5 months and made a must pick. My 2 cents. :blush:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
xavvypls
:blue_heart:

Itā€™s just so they can add to playing the victim.

Iā€™m afraid that is an incorrect misconception. Nonetheless, thanks for taking a stab at explaining it for me, I got it from here though! :blush:

If you donā€™t like that particular point, then you are entitled to your opinion about it. I donā€™t expect every pill to be ā€œblowing your socks off.ā€ Whether you think itā€™s a lazy argument or not, it still happens quite commonly, and it is still a misconception, so I felt the need to include it. But hey! Thanks for sharing your thoughts! We can just agree to disagree on it. :blush:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
xavvypls

Thatā€™s not a pill though. It looks like one of those foam toys toddlers play with in the bathtub, only bigger.

1 Like

This is absolutely not true. We both accept and acknowledge that people have opinions other than our own regarding Mercy. Just because we disagree doesnā€™t mean we donā€™t know that they exist. Maybe this is another Mercy misconception that needs added to the list. Especially with how many liked your post.

2 Likes

Personally, I wouldnā€™t mind having BOTH versions in the game. Tracer said it best ā€œThe worldā€ (and the game) ā€œcould always use more heroes!ā€

Bookmarking for the music, something to listen to while doing homework.

1 Like

Is this better?

4 Likes

My favorite logic on the world: ā€œThey gave us a voiceline which has no impact of any kind, therefore weā€™re getting mass res, Half Life 3 confirmedā€

Hmm no noā€¦ Iā€™d rather prefer this one.

Holds a bit more truth to it. :blush:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
xavvypls

2 Likes

Those are not hard pills to swallow.

It should be noted that what the game director has stated, and explicitly so, is not an opinion, but rather an objective fact.

You may continue, citizen.

Sincerely,
The Moira Perrier Movement
:cup_with_straw:

2 Likes

Anything is possible. Even if itā€™s 0.00001% likely to happen.

But the question is of you care about making a character fun and worthwhile quickly, why would you insist the only way to get there is a concept the devs have been deliberately ignoring and censoring for the past year?

Which is more important? Making Mercy Fun/Worthwhile, or adding a big Rez ability?

STOP. Youā€™ve violated the law.

nah I agree with you I just saw citizen and wanted to make a reference

1 Like

This post is the exact reason why people think these about Mercy mains.
Idk, I love Mercy, I have more than 200 hours of Mercy gameplay, yeah sheā€™s not in the best spot right now but I picked up Ana and Moira too so Iā€™m having fun with the game anyway. Well, at least I definitely donā€™t feel the urge to make a new topic every other day about how my main is ruined.
Sheā€™s still fun in quick play, and competitive itself is so anti-fun I donā€™t even care how she works there.
So, well, thatā€™s one opinion from a Mercy main.

The Movement does what it must to maintain order. We mediate and patrol threads to enforce civility as required. As you are no doubt aware, fallacious and insincere argumentative techniques are the primary cause for toxicity on the forums. We will see them eradicated, citizen. Rest assured that your safety is our foremost concern.

Move along.

Sincerely,
The Moira Perrier Movement
:cup_with_straw:

Order - Peace - Justice

1 Like

What is unhealthy about wanting fun and balance? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

š“£š“±š“® š“œš“®š“»š“¬š”‚ š“˜š“¬š“® š“’š“»š“®š“Ŗš“¶ š“œš“øš“暝“®š“¶š“®š“·š“½

:shaved_ice::chocolate_bar:

Spreading positivity and ice cream, one Mercy at a time.