Mercy main, banned I need your help

I don’t usually post on the forums, but I have literally no other place to turn to as I have exhausted all other options available to me.
I have played this game since the beta and instantly fell in love with Overwatch and its colorful character design. It was my first FPS and though I don’t want to confirm the stereotype I did start out maining Mercy. After some time I learned to experience a wider range of characters and to my pride eventually tanked out of platinum until I even peaked in GM. Of course there were ups and downs, but in the end I always enjoyed the time I got to spend with friends.

Unfortunately the key words are “got to”, as last week when I opened my email just to see that I had been suspended for “cheating”. Needless to say I have never once in my thousand hours of Overwatch used an external program to somehow modify my game-play or gain an unfair advantage. And I know what you’re thinking. I must have done something wrong. Must have done something to deserve the ban, but still I couldn’t tell you what it was. I tried to appeal the ban or at least figure out what the issue was, but nobody would talk to me. It was always the same response, the ban is upheld, it was double checked and still nobody could tell me why I was actually banned. Nobody even bothered to talk to me.

I don’t want to believe that the whole grind was for nothing. Things are kind of tight right now, so starting over isn’t an option either. If anyone knows anything else I could do, please let me know.

21 Likes

Someone must have been really jealous of your skills and decided you report you, at least feel happy you made someone that mad.

I honestly have no experience with bans, but you should try appealing it. Be annoying to blizzard so they unban you.

Although, try not discussing your ban openly in here since that could get you silenced

2 Likes

I did appeal it, I got automated response in return :<

This is why no one takes Blizzard CS and forum team serious.

Been there, good luck, might as well buy a new account because Blizzard really loves to say if you are suspended/banned you obviously did it, even though the system is automated and abused.

4 Likes

Is it permanent? Or just like a week or something…

Permanent, which is quite unfortunate, I spent a lot of money on that account

2 Likes

It does suck, but sadly it’s Blizzard, they do not give a damn about much regardless unless you are free advertising them by streaming, or if you are a pro.

1 Like

Just curious, do you or have you used macros in the past? Even simple ones?

Didn’t use macros or anything.

Any programs installed on your pc that could trigger anti-cheat? Cheating bans usually aren’t the type of thing that you can be reported by a few salty players and be casually banned for.

It’s usually either you were actually cheating and got caught or you had something shifty enough that would trigger the anticheat for some reason.

Either way you’re not really going to be successful with an appeal if you’re being truthful and have no idea what it is.

1 Like

This. Do not have something like auto hot key on your comp, or have it running when you play OW. AHK is detected in your processes as a third party app/cheating.

1 Like

All I recently install was Valorant, as I know the anti-cheat runs on startup, and you can’t do anything about that, except uninstalling.

4 Likes

Maybe OW doesn’t like you installed Valorant and banned you for being a traitor!

2 Likes

Uh oh. I saw a topic recently that says Valorant installs a kernel level driver that was causing performance issues in Overwatch.

7 Likes

Bans take a lot of reports to happen, you must have done something especially if it already got upheld multiple times…

Not for cheating. It’s done fairly fast if anything they deem as “third party” is detected, you only rely on reports for cheating if nothing is detected.

1 Like

But they’ve checked too? At least that’s what OP said?

There are a lot of legit apps/programs that are detected as third party. For the longest even Razer/Corsair/etc control centers were detected as third party/cheats.

1 Like

All you get from blizzard CS is automated responses sadly, the prime example is Luke from LTT getting banned in WoW for no reason ‘on suspison’

3 Likes

The good news is that if Valorant’s anti-cheat is indeed causing bans it’s likely that many other people will be banned for it and you’ll probably all be unbanned. If it’s not Valorant you need to think about what else it could be.

I would think there would be many more people bringing up this ban if it is indeed Valorant though. When did you receive the ban?

3 Likes