Mercy isn't a must pick

Seriously, I dunno why people think that mercy is a must pick, maybe if peopel actually tried to play the other supports they’ve would see that no, mercy is not required to win

13 Likes

ppl seem to ignore fact that mercy IS killable.

flank her, snipe her, bait her to rez someone, etc.

I have been in matches and watched matches where a team w/o mercy has beaten a team with a mercy.

Does mercy make it easier? yes.

But mercy is not a MUST pick.

edit: also i’m technically what you’d call a mercy main (most play time) and even I know how to play agaisnt myself :expressionless:

21 Likes

Let’s review.

Flankers are dead, non-meta and useless.

Better spent spamming storm arrows at tanks and being a Q-bot for zarya

Any smart mercy will not do this

How does this bring any relevance to the conversation whatsoever?

She is, if you’re not running Mercy, you’re throwing.
Edit: stahp liking this, it’s ruining my notifs

33 Likes

mercy isn’t strong its just that ana is underpowered

majority wanted ana nerfed a year ago, its most players fault mercy became the best healer

10 Likes

I sit there in matches and watch as a Mercy blatantly resses and no one kills her and I have to wonder if people just lack the capacity to aim and fire.

Doesn’t matter how much Blizzard nerf her, people will complain for as long as res exists.

6 Likes

People won’t rest until all healers suck I’m afraid. People want their ez free kills, and they hate it when healers have survivability.

But nerfing her won’t do anything useful or healthy for the game in the long term, I’m pretty sure. SMH my head.

6 Likes

You lack imagination, all the healers have there areas of strengths, and they aren’t niche either

Lucio is the king of KOTH, Moira is the queen of tanky comps and is the solution to your problems if your team are taking too much dmg to heal

And Ana is good for heals from range, and utility, she’s pretty good on 2cp defense, although she could use a little more love

5 Likes

they are in game. it isnt mercy’s fault if ppl wont use them.

again. they exist. most mercy are usually far enoguh back to where they are snipe-able.

if everyone was smart we’d live in a much better world.

tell that to teams who dont use her and win…cause apparently winning is throwing?

i know. imma failure. i should KMS and start to main hanzo. ^_~

it is msot players fault mercy is an issue…as most hated her and asked for the rework from hell.

“nerf mercy” is all you hear…but it should be “bring others up to par”
(which imho would be simple enough for all but lucio since his healing is…situational.

7 Likes

You’re not edgy or special for thinking outside the majority. There’s a reason the majority of people think and feel this way: because it’s the truth.

3 Likes

Mercy is so easy to kill it’s not even funny. When enemy goes flanking assassins just go Moira, especially on KotH maps. Usually 4 gold cards for me.

If everyone in history thought thatwhat the majority believed is what is correct we would live in a very different world, and a worse one aswell

2 Likes

Mercy is still a great pick to have. Sure you can win a game without a mercy, but that rez ability is EXTREMELY useful.

Shes a good pick but not op and not a must pick

2 Likes

To be fair though, that doesn’t really mean she isn’t must pick either. It does explain the state she is, and why she is picked so often, however.

2 Likes

Obviously that statement is situational and concerns the balance of the game. (Flat world was once considered the norm, lul)

Everyone knows it, the statistics prove it, I don’t know what else you want. She is the only viable main healer, and you are at a severe disadvantage if you don’t have one and the enemy does.

you realize its only 3 main healers

1 is underpowered while 2 are somewhat balanced

by nerfing one of them you’re making the last one “the best pick”

whats the point of that? moira is already almost as good as mercy, by nerfing mercy you’re just making moira the best healer and eventually everyone is gonna say the same to moira

its far better to slightly buff moira and buff ana instead of just nerfing all of them all the time

2 Likes

Again, just because the majority of peopel think one way doesn’t mean it’s the right way

The other healers all have there uses, and things mercy can’t replicate. It’s sad no one uses these healers in the sense situations, but that’s only because everyone forces people to go mercy, people force her to be played,

1 Like

Yeah I just feel sassy today :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Which has pretty much been the meta since the rework until Brigitte, and now it’s just snipers. She’s not quite a must pick, but rez is extremely oppressive to the meta when combined with Briggs.

How about just not having a main healer? If I wanted to play a main healer I would play WoW…