Mercy is unplayable in higher ranks. Please, do something

Balance at the moment is subjective don’t forget that.

It does, the game is supposed to be a to compliment a variety of play styles. One tricking is one of them.

It’s not about her being OP, it’s the fact she’s actually decaying in her viability as a pick. That’s not balance that’s a hero suffering so worst ones see the light of day.

That’s just a stupid thing to say.

2 Likes

When I’m watching Chipsa’s stream he’s always shouting at Ana players to switch to Mercy :thinking: duo with Chipsa.

The way I see it if you only play one hero, you should only be good in some limited comps. Meaning your winrate should be less than the average. Thats a feauture not a bug. The fact that you could one trick Mercy and gain rank means she was OP.

4 Likes

So you had a 67% winrate before this nerf?
That’s because Mercy was broken.

She’s finally in line with the other healers and y’all want a buff lol

25 Likes

That’s a interesting analysis but false none the less. Aby hero can be one tricked and aby hero can be used to climb one tricking is a feature of the game, one tricking is just as viable as any other play style it’s not out of the question for people to climb with the likes oh Hanzo, Genji pharah etc and make it to higher ranks.

If you are good at one hero, better than average that hero isn’t Op. Else everyone would just play them. Especially Mercy when every other healer was garbage.

2 Likes

The other healers are garbage by the way. But ey, ey, balance.

1 Like

Don’t worry. Mercy is statistically in an alarming spot, performs rather poorly and the uproar has already begun. It will take a while but she will at some point be rebuffed to compensate for the latest nerf

1 Like

mercy is at her most balanced state

you’re just not used to other healers beating you in games

13 Likes

Im a high ranked player that flexes when need be. I play all supports and tanks but I enjoy playing Mercy the most. So what everyone is saying on this thread is “dont play Mercy at high ranks.” I dont see any real team comp Mercy can main heal well in. Her healing numbers arent enough, she feels like a 2nd support whos only purpose is to pocket heal. The only value she brings is that unreliable 30sec rez.

Theres a difference between switching to counter pick, and never being able to use a character because they just arent viable.

7 Likes

Wanna know something amazing that I did when Lucio fell out of the meta (coughcough Mercy + Zen mustpick duo)?

I played another hero.

I know, I’m basically a genius. Serious Einstein IQ right here.

15 Likes
  1. her overall healing output is only 100-200 less per 10 minutes than a 100% perfect Ana (something that doesn’t happen). this, of course, does not account for the 300 healing from nano but even then Mercy is only healing 1k less. This is paper healing, not actual heals. In terms of actual heals, just a couple days ago I had a match with 8k heals in 5 minutes as Mercy (I’m not good with ana so I can’t compare, but I’m sure a good Ana can tell you that’s comparable). So if Mercy is a bad healer, then all the healers are bad at healing.
  2. Mercy is not intended to be overly viable in high ranks. She has a low skill cap so the only way she is going to be viable at high ranks is if she is oppressively overpowered. She still has a role in some team comps on some maps, but other healers are supposed to be better at high ranks.
5 Likes

The sheer number of people jebaited by the OP is quite appalling.

Hey, whatever happened to “this nerf will do absolutely nothing, the problem is always her rez and she’ll still be mandatory for it”. Lol.

9 Likes

Right tho charssssss

Translation: I cant one trick mercy, and I don’t want to play OTHER VIABLE healers waaaaaah :cry: wipes snot from nose

15 Likes

Check ops profile Mercy main only in competitive… OmegaLUL

1 Like

" Everyone needs to adapt "
" Tanks needs to swap when needed it"
" Dps needs to swap when they get countered "
" This game is around switching and building balanced comps "

But I’m never swapping Mercy, she is the main healer of the game and should be always the best option on every tier/mode/comp in fact this game is 5v5 because Mercy has her throne secured!"

15 Likes