Mercy is unplayable in higher ranks. Please, do something

ppl still read this? k

65 Likes

You are basically one-tricking her and you have a positive winrate… I don’t see the problem here.

73 Likes

well looks like you’ll have to swap like genji did

51 Likes

Yeah my winrate went down 15% and SR -500, I see the problem.

8 Likes

Seems more like the probem is that you can’t just only play Mercy and maintain your rank. I don’t see that as a problem with the hero.

55 Likes

How am I supposed to maintain my own rank as Mercy isn’t the kind of hero that can solo carry the whole match.

1 Like

No? That’s not what balance is.

32 Likes

You are playing Overwatch.

Your tanks are switching when times need it, dps too. Why shouldn’t supports ?

And if you cannot maintain the rank because you do not switch then you might as well not deserve it.

70 Likes

if you dmg boost a blind hitscan will you carry ? :wink:

So she is 3rd choice in Masters and GM, and at a respectably high pick rate, but Ana comes in a few points higher, and she still has the #1 slot in all other ranks. I dont see the problem here.

Moira is the unviable one at higher ranks among primary healers.

Furthermore, the changes did nothing to dislodge Zen as sole viable secondary healer, and Brig with a supernaturally high winrate, but I already called that one too. Instant transcendence beats out 0.8 second cast time shielding every time, and the radius change was mostly irrelevant.

So, Mercy seems to be doing ok, Ana was helped, Moira wasnt and Lucio wasnt.

10 Likes

I think most respondents to this thread are missing the point. Mechanically speaking, Mercy is not a niche hero. She doesn’t serve some specific purpose, her kit works on every map, with every team comp.

She’s either going to be always good, or always bad. Right now she is too weak to be good. This isn’t an issue of switch off Mercy on certain maps like what tanks have to deal with, it’s an issue of always switch off Mercy if you want to win.

25 Likes

if you can only play 1 hero in a high rank, if you got there only by playing one hero, and the esiest and most broken hero in the game for the past 18 months.
You do not deserve it

This game isn’t Mercy, stop thinking that the game rotates around your main.-
It doesn’t.

33 Likes

Why dont you learn other characters? Like honestly moira really isnt that hard to play. Mercy is still playable

9 Likes

It’s not a Mercy problem that the sniper comps and slow tempo engagements that she does well in are no longer meta. This is what balance looks like.

12 Likes

Oh, fren. Even if Mercy had a 45% winrate for six months her army of haters would still be insisting that she’s ‘balanced now git gud.’ Or they’ll just tell everyone to switch off her. You know, so that she can become functionally nonexistant, just like they always wanted.

Have faith, fren. Once Mercy has been garbo in high ranks for another year and a half, Blizzard will apply another ingenious rework to ruin her design even further. I’m thinking they’ll replace her no-aim-no-brain lock-on beam with a passive healing mechanic that she uses whilst standing in spawn, then nerf it so that she just stands in spawn.

2 Likes

To be fair, her win-rate overall isn’t that great. It might be that people are still trying to play her into comps and maps that don’t really fit her, but if it persists a month or so then something is actually wrong.

3 Likes

Good, it was about time.

18 Likes

Call the devs, mercy has been not 100% OP for a week its the apocalypse

26 Likes

Give her 55 hps. Fixed.

3 Likes

Actually it is. Mercy was a throw pick back then lol

1 Like