Mercy is now below a 50% win rate

You also realize 3rd party websites are no where near accurate anymore due to private profiles?

1 Like

What rank though? Bronze?

I didnt know that thanks for letting me know, also, Mercy is still not fun to play.

Iā€™m talking about across the board, mercy is below 50% except GM.

Iā€™m not GM or diamond, i used to be diamond but because of this nerf its forced me to replay mercy completely and start swapping to other heroes like ana. i do like ana, shes fun to play, but its not the same as mercy.

You know its really funny every time i log on to these forums, its makes me want to play overwatch less and less. I only log on here because I know iā€™m not the only one that thinks Mercy snā€™t fun to play anymore plus iā€™ve got over 400hrs on her and the fact that the devs focused more on OWL instead of the community makes me want to play the game less. I want to like this game, i really do.

Oh, but they were fine to use when people moaned about Mercy healing too much or being too picked?

People need to decide, either we never trust anything Overbuff says or it always goes.

3 Likes

Nope not all . Ever since private profiles those sites have been garbage. Those healing numbers came straight from blizz. Thatā€™s why she got a healing revert

1 Like

Okay, so now we should swap to another healer and forget that Mercy is completely thrash. Fine.

I hereby end disscusion with you

1 Like

To be fair overbuff is not reliable anymore (was it even ever reliable? either way doesnā€™t matter) I donā€™t think they look at private profiles. AND private profiles is DEFAULT now. So the data is severely skewed. Not reliable.

Yeah, but Iā€™m not talking about Blizz, Iā€™m talking about forumers. People have used Overbuff constantly (even after private profiles) as a measuring stick. And suddenly now we canā€™t do that?

3 Likes

Mercy players just need to adapt, thatā€™s what people told Roadhog players.

3 Likes

So if Mercy isnā€™t the best healer for all maps, all comps and all skill tiers sheā€™s trash?

That doesnā€™t make any sense to me.

3 Likes

Well you can only educate so many people at a time. I say this anytime someone uses overbuff or some other site about pickrates

She was never meant to have a niche. She was meant to be go to healer that is versatile and fits in every comp.

2 Likes

And she still is. Now other niche healers have a chance to shine in situations they should be used in. Not just always mercy

2 Likes

And thatā€™s still true for more than half the playerbase.

But itā€™s not true for the top 15% of players.

Irrelevant. She still heals for more. With exception of Moira.

If youā€™re unable to keep your team alive - swap off. Just like you change DPS if you canā€™t kill enemies.

2 Likes

Whatā€™s the point discussing with both of you when you donā€™t even play Mercy. You clearly do not see the problem. It is the introduction of REZ on E and Valkyrie that made her such a must-pick. Pro never took mercy for her healing. You just cannot fathom in how tragic state Mercy is right now. They disabled her primary function which is healing, she cannot keep up with healing allies. She has 0 burst ability every other healer has. She is completely unplayable and doesnā€™t bring any value to the team besides of REZ, which is neither fun to use nor easy to pull off. There is no point reviving dead ally when there are 2 of them suddenly dead cause of the lack of healing.

It is obvious you donā€™t see the problem. She stopped being meta and you barely see her in games. But that is not how this situation should be handled. There are plethora of ideas how to make Mercy fun to play as and against. This rework didnā€™t do anything good for the community. Its main purpose was to make her fun, engaging and it turned out to be her doom. And only incited the hatred and toxicity.

Iā€™m saying goodbye coldly.

2 Likes

same was said to genji, tracer players.
ironically ana players and many mains.

however when it comes to mercy, they should never and always play her.

Mercy is actually my most played healer, at about 40 hours if you include quickplay.
Also about maybe 50 hours on TF2 Medic.

And Platinum healer balance, where you play, looks pretty diverse to me.

to be fair mercy was starting to get hate ever since she got her rezz buff and people had to deal more with mass rezz.
if it wasnt for brigitte or hanzo, all the hate would be put on her.

also more characters dying has nothing to do with a reduction of 10hp to mercyā€™s healing. its more to do with people using who can increase peopleā€™s damage by 50%. also ana can use anti heal which acts as a further counter.

48% isnā€™t anywhere near bad enough to warrant concern.

2 Likes