Mercy is now below a 50% win rate

Congrats, you did it.

In seriousness though, i dont like how mercy is right now. shes not fun to play as it is right now.

29 Likes

Yeah, but it’s probably from all the gm Mercy one tricks now losing because Mercy isn’t the god healer of every single rank anymore.

35 Likes

Oh time to accelerate!! :musical_note:

7 Likes

i have been switching to ana recently because of how unfun she is now.

I think i lost 500SR because of the HPS nerf i believe and i also lost my soul too…No wait that was a long time ago when i started playing Mercy.

2 Likes

You realize one look at Overbuff indicated this is not true at all? Her win-rate is low in all tiers of play, from Bronze and up.

13 Likes

It’s because she’s not in every match now. Thank the gods for that.

12 Likes

I mean, im okay with not having mercy in every single match but still doesnt change the fact that shes boring to play. Its probably because that was all i played which is just mercy so i’m biased i guess. :man_shrugging: .

The HPS nerf was simultaneously a good thing and bad thing.

Good thing: for Mercy to be more involved/take more skill, a lower HPS with a burst heal ability would make a huge difference. Increase the skill ceiling via skill management necessities, while also letting her “save” allies much quicker.

Bad thing: she currently lacks any burst, whereas all other healers have it in one form or another. So lowing her HPS without giving her burst is obviously nerfing one problem area (making her less of a braindead wait-to-heal character)… But without buffing another problem area.

Some might argue Rez is her “burst” ability and… Quite frankly, they are right. It just requires her ally to die first, which is kinda BS but hey - it works. Though if they tweak her HPS and give her a burst heal option (and maybe increase Rez’s cooldown to 35 seconds to “give her more power” elsewhere, then things might look MUCH better for our Guardian Angel.)

Mercy is such a simplistic character which people like. But she can still be mechanically simple while still being mentally more engaging somehow. So she’d still be simple, but not “everyone can play this ez and never need to improve because who needs a skill ceiling anyway” simple.

1 Like

She isn’t universal anymore. Yet people still fail to understand that. And lose games. Duh.

7 Likes

This is a quote from the upcoming balance changes

Go-to-pick for raw healing power!!! That means that she is a main healer, which also means that mercy should be the best healer and making sure the team is alive…Which right now Mercy always seems to need a second healer to assist her raw healing power. Plus the fact that she has less than a 50% win rate. Wonder why that is :thinking: .

10 Likes

She still scores golden healing more often than not. Also, that particular quote should be shoved up dev’s ***, as it’s full of ****. Moira always was and should be go-to pick for healing power. She always had highest numbers, and it’s the only thing she brings.

3 Likes

I half agree maybe something like 55 would have been best.

You know a burst HPS to 60HPS for a couple of seconds for mercy as an ability would be a good replacement for rez imo but blizzard would never do that.

I dont like the whole “oh it works lets just leave it alone” its not great. Mercy might have rez but its not fun to use for a lot of people and me. Its like replacing a very loud door that opened really well to a door that just barely opens so you can squeeze in it and say just leave it, it works. Anyways…

1 Like

Of course she will get healing more often than not, you will not pick her with another main healer.
But the fact is: Mercy is not a Hybrid healer, she’s a PURE healer and she takes more than 10 seconds to fully heal some characters, this is a liabity if anything.

The last patch would be so much better if they left her untouched and just buff the others.

3 Likes

Funny
I see thes comment after literally every nerf Mercy got and only now is it happening
Funny how that works isn’t it.

2 Likes

Because she takes up about a third of the healer picks, at the ranks that represent about 85% of the playerbase, where all the main healers have a negative winrate.

4 Likes

Maybe because she heals like 90% of her time??? While other healers simply don’t???

idk, maybe i am wrong

The funny fact is that she maintains golden healing but is unable to keep her team alive XDDDD

5 Likes

Then don’t play her if she’s that boring. No one is forcing you. There are plenty of people who enjoy her.

Imagine that… There are 5 more support heroes that you can play and be in the meta. I guess mercy mains still want to one-trick her and get their easy rank up and up.

2 Likes

But there is even more people who stopped bcos of that recent unnecessesary nerf. You mean it is ok if 1% of Ow’s players play underpowered Mercy and loses SR?

That is not how this situation should be handled.

I’m totally okay with people deranking if they can’t swap heroes at the top 1%.

3 Likes