Mercy is NOT ENGAGING TO PLAY: Please Help!

I am not saying she is weak, or that I want a revert to Mercy 1.0, but please make her more engaging. After all the nerfs to Valkyrie since the initial release of Mercy 2.0 she is so unengaging to play. I am not even a Mercy main, just a big support player.

I do NOT want her to be a must pick. I love having all my support options (and would love more ;)) but Mercy is just a portable health pack with a Resurrect every 30s. All other supports have something engaging about them and their ultimates feel impactful, Mercy does not share these qualities.

We need a Mercy 3.0, but honestly even a Mercy 2.5 would do. She has a skeleton of a kit that if tweaked properly COULD be engaging, but right now it just is not.

5 Likes

Get in line my dude. Literally everyone is asking for a million changes to Mercy. Not gonna happen anytime soon (as already stated by the Blizzard team) at least until after the PTR stuff gets added.

2 Likes

Guess what, if you only like a hero for their ultimate, you probably don’t like that hero.

You know why Mass Resurrect was so fun? Because it was hilariously OP. The only reason Mercy as a whole wasn’t OP was because she lacked a second ability.

3 Likes

I like how you throw around the word “engaging” but never give any examples. You are literally just copy pasta-ing the popular meme that is Mercy mains on this forum.

I do not only like Mercy for her old ultimate. In fact I hated mass resurrect. It felt horrible to play against and as a support player I hated being forced to pick Mercy.

My point is everyone’s ultimates should feel IMPACTFUL. And honestly her base kit could use some tweaks as well. Her biggest issue is not any one ability or the fact that she is weak or strong. Her issue is she is not IMPACTFUL or engaging to play.

Also I have several posts discussing ideas for Mercy. Check them or if you’d like, although it appears you 3 like to pop onto others threads simply to bully rather than have a meaningful discussion, not that this is meant for you anyway

Truthfully, I would just revert some of her nerfs post-Mercy 2.0 launch, as I thought she felt great before she became a Skeleton of her former self.

1 Like

I think the only change for now is that they should bring her healing back to 60hp all the time.They buffed Ana and nerfed Mercy.Instead of buffing Ana,and then if Mercy is still the mandatory pick,nerf Mercy.

2 Likes

“Op” yet her pickrate was trash until she had to have invulnerability. Also it isn’t about just liking her ult, her base heals as 50hps is absurd, but as well, her base kit rez is a no skill needed CD and her ult does your job for you, a spectator mode. Its sad to play a hero that using their ult makes you feel less impactful.

3 Likes

How about this?

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/a-buff-that-would-raise-mercys-skill-ceiling/245428

Uh… since when was anyone being forced to play mercy when she had mass rez? She became a must pick before because of the rework. She wasn’t mandatory at all before.

2 Likes

As a support player it appeared I was a Mercy main exclusively because if I picked any other support I was throwing. My stats from the seasons Pre-rework show Mercy was a must pick for supports and that was not enjoyable either

GA is the only engaging aspect of her Kit, its the only reason why i still play her.

1 Like