Mercy is nerfed because of her consistency

I think my resurrection stats are just fine tyvm. But I wasn’t aware I’m not supposed to resurrect outside of competitive and without voice comms lol. It does tell a lot about how risky of utility it is to actually use, because teammates don’t conveniently die behind cover or enemies don’t conveniently forget you just had your heal beam attached to said hero. I mean, for teammate to die, enemies had to shoot them and they are still going to be there waiting for the mercy to show up and ress.

But the point was, that ressing is not a risk-free maneuver unlike using other support utilities. You can’t always get value even if ress is off cd and it’s easy to punish using ress on cd. Zen has to press E and bam, enemy takes 30% more damage from all sources. Ana presses E, teammates now get boosted healing and enemies are anti-healed. They don’t have to potentially sac themselves to get a ress off in middle of point when you thought you were safe standing behind rein shield to boot but surprise widow hookshot crit from Ilios spawn says no.

Putting all of character’s power into one utility move is bad balancing. Hero’s core kit should always be balanced and not just weak but you get this one move which is OPAF. We’ve seen it on wow like with fire mages and combustion during cata or something, that you felt hitting like a wet noodle without using 2minute cd and then you blew up everyone if you combusted right and soared on the dps meters and got lucky af or you just blew the whole thing and sucked.

In GM Ana and Mercy healing done is only 480 healing done apart. And somehow Mercy is supposed to be the raw healing power healer, that’s ludicrously bad. Yet Ana trumps her healing because she can burst heal and aoe heal, easily. But can also deal damage and has far better utilities and ultimate. Even the worst scoped accuracy Ana’s can keep up with any Mercy heals right now.

But you are bringing in passive regens now… which is something Moira doesn’t even have so why compare? We are talking about the movement ability by itself. Fade virtually makes you unkillable and doesn’t have the predictability that GA has. Sure it doesn’t have the frequency but it also isn’t reliant on your teammates positioning as well. A Mercy player who has a team clumped together virtually wont be able to do anything where Moira will outshine her.

Preach it friend, I’ve been trying to explain it to others as well but they are blinded by their emotions towards the hero.

:woman_shrugging:

You know nothing of damage boost. You’re not even a high rank to speak from that angle. Damage boost is trash outside of pocketing Widow. Get educated.

Tell me, which would you rather have:

70+ hp/s when your life depends on it
50 hp/s when your life depends on it.

I don’t care about ‘consistent’ heals in situations where I’m not in any danger. In those situations, I have plenty of time to wait for the healer to get to me, and I have the ability to disengage and get a health pack.

I care about getting as much healing as I need when I need it and Mercy does not deliver.

5 Likes

She was not nerfed because of her consistency. She was nerfed because of her pick rates. In May, the devs thought that she was fine. She was just as consistent then. What changed from May to July were her pick rates. Similarly, she was just as consistent prior to the rework.

The consistency argument makes very little sense on its own. Mercy would still have consistent healing if her hps went down to 40 or 30 or 20. You could write your argument verbatim in each of those cases. Do you contend that she would be fine at any of those numbers? My guess is that you wouldn’t. Clearly there’s some point where consistency in and of itself is not enough. On a similar note - Zenyatta’s orb of harmony provides very consistent healing as well. Is there any doubt that without his discord, high damage, and burst healing through transcendence he would be a bad character?

The ultimate arbiter of Overwatch arguments is what happens in the actual game. And currently, the data strongly indicates that Mercy is unable to perform her job properly at 50 hps. Healing is the main portion of Mercy’s contribution. When her healing is not high enough, she can’t function - consistency or not consistency. The game is telling us right now that 50 is not enough.

The “resource” argument doesn’t hold much water.

A good Moira should very rarely if ever run out of healing resources.

And a good Ana knows how to manage her clip. Very rarely will someone die in the second or so she spends reloading.

Practically speaking, in the vast majority of situations the resource is not limited enough to be an issue.

Another way to think of it:

You have two runners in a cross country race. One has a limit on how far they can run each day, the other does not.

How much of an advantage is it to have no limit? Well that largely depends on the limits set on the other runner.

If the limit is one mile a day, having unlimited distance is a massive advantage. But the higher that limit gets, the less of an advantage the unlimited runner has. At some point, the limit doesn’t even matter at all.

For example, a 100 mile limit per day isn’t going to provide any detriment at all. The limit is moot.

Why does everyone complain that Mercy is always at the whim of her team with GA. With the slingshot mechanic you can go flying away from your attacker if there’s a teammate right next to you and you execute it well. You don’t need somebody very far away now. Ana and Zen are the ones that are sitting ducks. Zen doesn’t even have a sleepdart, he just has his own shots.

If you don’t have anyone to GA to then you’re out of position and it’s not the games fault you die. In that position you should just die asap and regroup anyway. I actually feel the most independent on Mercy, you can get anywhere with GA, you can escape almost any attack with GA. You don’t even need a living target, you can GA to dead teammates too. If all that fails and you have your ult up you can just use it to get away as well. Zen is by far the most team dependent. Even in higher elos when the Zen himself gets better mechanics, the DPS scale too so he’s still a very easy target.

She’s consistently bad now.

Great way to balance the game. Just make them bad. But at least they’re consistently bad. No matter what, they’ll just be bad.

1 Like

Literally the only reason you’d pick Mercy over the other 2 is for Rez or dive, both of which have pretty clear counterplay. Not to mention she only gets about 6 Rezs off per match, her consistency does close to nothing helpful either due to burst damage creep and she takes an hour to heal up tanks.

Coupled with the fact that she feels pretty terrible to play and you’ve ruined a hero without even sending them to F-Tier somehow.

5 Likes

Res is fine to pull of if you work around angles… But it’s still incredibly sluggish.

You could use that time to be… You know… HEALING, since you need all the time you can get doing so. I only found myself Damage Boosting when there was another healer and my team was starting a push at full health. I only pull res when I’m sure I can survive, even at times during a team fight, but that requires a lot of GAMESENSE and AWARENESS of my surroundings.

And even through all of this I hardly reach silver healing as a pure healer. She may be consistant, but that doesn’t mean she’s strong.

Yo check the stats, still highest healing in the game. Sorry… whos useless exactly?

Problem is healing is ALL she does… and she barely has more.

Seriously… go look at the overbuff pages for her vs Moira and Ana. (I realize that Overbuff isn’t super accurate anymore but it is literally the best we have so we’re going with it.)

Mercy’s average healing is 11.7k. Moira’s is 10.7k. That’s not a huge difference. Moira averages 6.7k damage with 24 elims and Mercy averages 1.1k if adding damage AND boost with a whopping 1.7 elims. Moira’s better damage stats are SOOOOO much better than Mercy’s that Mercy’s 1k better healing simply isn’t enough.

Similar story with Ana. Mercy has more wiggle room with 11.7 vs 8.7 in her favor… but still Ana is rocking 4.3k damage, 12.6 elims, more sleeps than Mercy gets Rez, AND SHE DOESN’T EVEN HAVE A STAT FOR HEALING BLOCKED. Mercy isn’t worth it over all Ana brings to the table either.

So… Mercy. Of all the 3, Mercy is easily the useless one.

1 Like

It’s honestly baffling how Mercy cultists portray this hero around these forums then you get people in game praising you as you play Mercy, I honestly feel like I’m in a dystopian parallel universe every time I go in the forums

I’m pretty sure every dev feels the same way when they see the hero doing amazing things then read the feedback and find no correlation whatsoever, not to mention the “it’s not fun” argument which is non measurable AND not even true

But you do realize that she still has something called rez? Which easily is the best thing out of all three. All that Moira offers is great healing with LITTLE DMG, her dmg is very low and isn’t burst dmg. Just because she gets 6k dmg doesn’t mean anything. A lot of that dmg is from her orbs where the dmg just gets healed up almost instantly. So really does Moira’s dmg really matter? Her elms also do not matter as she is always going to get a little bit of dmg on a lot of enemies I mean look at her final blows.
Ana has more sleep darts than rez but sleep darts doesn’t mean a kill. A lot of the time sleep darts are on tanks more than heroes like Genji or Mcree. Even then the difference from their sleep dart and rez isn’t that far apart. Mercy also has more assist than Ana which means Mercy still gets more use out of her kit than Ana does. Mercy overall does more healing than Ana, gets rezes and gives more assitis than Ana does and a big part of her kit is from helping the team get assist.

Still, as an escape mechanism I’ll take the Guardian Angel over using a Sleep Dart every time. It’s clearly superior.

You check the stats, lowest winrate of all supports. What are u talking about? LMAO

1 Like

Consistency is awesome until you run into a team that know how to focus fire. That is why she struggles in high ranks.

i, as well, thought that GA was a problem, but then i realized, what else does she have to defend herself? (don’t say pistol, fr it’s safe to use only when you’re using valk or there’s an annoying widow or pharah) Zen has discord orb that adds 50% damage recieved to the target, which is insane imo (insane but balanced tho), Ana has sleep dart, and nade, Brigitte… i don’t even want to talk about her tbh. Moira, she has the succ, fade and her own healing orbs, lucio can recieve constant healing from his aura, and escape with speed boost.

Just want to point out, if it wasn’t obvious to everyone at this point, that the OP is just trolling. There’s nothing offensive about the post itself, but after seeing multiple posts by the OP on similar topics it is quite clear that MegaLopunny enjoys creating threads with the sole intention of stating something in such a way that it will trigger people and inflame heated discussions.