Mercy is nerfed because of her consistency

I’m in a 6 stack and I’ve been playing mercy every game and I am on a 6 game win streak.

Mercy works best now as that healer who fills the gap where healing is not received. Her simplistic design and nature allows her to work with every other support easily and her consistency is what can make a team.

She really doesn’t feel different to me other than needing more co ordination to work. I still get 12K healing on average instead of 14K but now the lack in healing allows us to use a lucio or ana or moira. Mercy is still a main healer and it’s noticeable she just needs more work put in for her to work and I think that’s justifiable

3 Likes

The same thing was said a while ago and I said I don’t count that as healing.

Mercy is not useless hey, she may not be as useful as before but she is useful enough work in her own situations and useless enough to make other healers see some play time.

If you think she’s the worst support you have no idea what you’re talking about.

1 Like

It’s been pointed out. Many times. That thread has been made. Many. Times.

The thing is that compared to this day a year and a half ago all supports now are far far weaker than the supports then. Essentially we all got nerfed and and are squabbling about who’s the least nerfed support.

Obvious ain’t it? Symmetra.

Moira is doing great, Ana was buffed. Zen is doing great as well. Lucio was just buffed.

Ana still has to deal with dive. Every other new hero is dive. That much is still true.

Lúcio heals 16.25 to ALL allies in his aura, and he also heals himself for 12.5. Thats potential 93.75 healing. He doesn’t need to aim to heal and has constant self-sustain. He also has burst healing with Amp, which largelly increases that value(269.1). He can also attack and Boop while healing, more value. And SPD Boost.

Mercy can heal. She can also DMG Boost, but she has to stop healing. And Ress? She has to stop literally everything and hope not to get headshot. Or stunned. Or knocked back. Or Frozen. Or Knocked up. Or pinned. Or slept…the list goes on.

Before she at least had decent healing because she offers no other value aside of Healer, while other heroes offer less, but several types of utility…WHILE HEALING. That is the balance between herself and the others.

She doesn’t have to aim or has a resource, but she offers very little extra value aside of healing, while every other healer brings more to the table on top of their healing.

But now she can’t do the very thing she was designed to. The devs themselves stated she was supposed to do more healing than the others, but in a fight your 50 Heals won’t save anyone, meanwhile other healers have either better healing, burst healing to keep someone alive though DPS intensive moments, or BOTH.

A Main healer can’t keep her teammates alive, how does that doesn’t sound like a problem? Yes you could just Ress if they di-oh wait you can’t, because you will most likely die trying yourself. And even if you did, there’s a 30s CD where you lose even that utility.

Ress is great when it works, but when it doesn’t, its catastrophic. A 2s self-stun is not counter-play.

3 Likes

Ana has counters. I love Ana, she’s one of my favorite heroes. She’s fine. At most, she needs a reliable self heal. She shouldn’t have to choose between her or her team.

Mercy needs a buff! Friendly fire and a self rez.

Thank you for your reasonable opinion. I feel the same way when I play Mercy.

2 Likes

That’s not burst healing. Bridget E is burst healing.

Burst Healing means increase of healing power during a short period of time. Amp it Up Triples Lucio’s healing, that’s a…burst of healing. Remember that he’s healing everyone in a large area, it adds up.

I mean…in WoW, burst healing is a crap ton of healing all at once, like what a paladin can do. Healing over time is not burst healing. That term is used across other games that have healers in it. Same can be said about burst damage.

1 Like

I don’t understand my community and I honestly feel exiled by them because I think mercy is fine and enjoy Valkyrie and I enjoy Rez (sometimes :wink: )

I’ve been attacked in mercy threads for saying that the idea of mass Rez and valk on e is op and rather bratty to want considering mass Rez was balanced to only have guardian angel for a reason.

I am not blind like other mercy players. I understand more than just my viewpoint on mercy. I spent 300 hours on mercy and I hated the rework and playing heroes like sombra and pharah i understood why people didn’t like mercy. That’s the fault with my fellow community they don’t understand that more than just how she feels and their input is required to balance her wether it be nerf buff or rework.

2 Likes

Read it again. I said specifically dying while rezzing should be a rare occurence. Not that it should never happen because things happen, but that it shouldn’t be a regular thing.

Trying to micro manage what others play and asking a teammate for help are entirely different things. Your argument is a poor one, because even though there are games with little coordination where you have to rely on cover to rez or just forsake the rez because your life is more valuable than trying to get the ability off, there are loads of games where simply saying a couple things in voice will net a response.

Any half decent player watching their health tick down will move towards cover instinctively, and any above average player will either do that or move towards the payload since dying on the objective is favorable to dying somewhere else. People know this. Do you only play quick play? is that where you’re basing your opinions from? Nobody cares in quick play, and they don’t need to, because it isn’t meant to be taken seriously in the slightest bit unless you play in an organized stack.

Sorry but you’re going to have to do better than that.

Yeah, like letting her use the staff while rezzing, which I’ve suggested numerous times since the rework. It’s a simple effective change that would hardly go anywhere near making her too strong. However, since the devs don’t care to improve anything until Mercy takes a substantial hit to both pickrate and winrate, (4% is not substatial), nothing will change, so learn to adapt to situations.

That isn’t burst healing, people who play this game often confuse burst healing for amplified sustained healing. Any heal over time effect is sustained healing, even when there’s a lot of it. Burst healing is instant healing of a large number, such as Ana’s primary, nade, nano, and health packs. Those are the only true burst heals in the game.

No, the other supports:

• Out of ammo, pee or CD
  • there is a shield between you
  • too far to reach
1 Like

You’re not wrong believing that Valkyrie on E and Mass Resurrect as an Ultimate would be a super loaded kit and incredibly OP.

2 Likes

Well at least you agree with me. I usually get about 20 replies telling me I’m all sorts of evil by now.