Mercy is in a bad position, and here's why! #ReworkMercy #MercyIsWeakestHealer

According to your profile, you’re on XBox, so that’s entirely possible.

So, you remember how I was talking about why Blizzard refuses to do reverts for events to keep the flames on a low kindling? Yeah, this is why… these types of posts would EXPLODE during and after Archives if Mercy had Mass Res for the event.

Mercy players have been trying for 2 years. I think it might just be time to accept Mercy 2.0 and move on. They’re already toying with her kit and damage boost as we speak. That doesn’t mean this stuff will make it live, but they are trying to tweak her kit already without reworking.

1 Like

I dont think everyone looks at it in that fashion

After all, if one’s own team wants to have the advantage of rez available, they can have it as well

1 Like

Fixed it for you.

On a serious note, she is balanced, there are other heroes that are way more off than Mercy. Like Moira, who is barely seen at all at high ELO especially compared to Mercy.

Also write in a thread that already exists about this.

4 Likes

Oh man, this thread went to crap while I napped.

Edit: NVM this is a mercy thread, to be expected. Lol

2 Likes

Except you absolutely need to design your game around subjective human opinions because otherwise NO ONE WILL PLAY YOUR GAME.

Street Fighter 1 was perfectly balanced. Pretty sure most people don’t play it anymore and the dev team has added all sorts of stuff to later iterations of the game to purposefully break their perfect balance to make it more fun.

Designing games has exactly 2 rules and there’s some debate on the 2nd. They need to be engaging. They need to have a concrete or implied failure state (and some games don’t even have that). That’s it.

That’s false. Jeff at least was expecting people to step away from 2-2-2 far more often than they are, but he weren’t expecting hard line 1-4-1 like you seem to indicate.
Source: Why nobody likes 3-4 DPS (Jeff Replied) - #45 by JeffreyKaplan

I would much MUCH rather have a single super beam. I prefer Coalescence to Valkyrie for exactly that reason.

I have been for the most part. Warframe, Minecraft, Pokemon Crystal, Runescape. All wonderful games that… y’know haven’t screwed over part of their player base.

Oh did you mean other Overwatch Heroes? Firstly… no other hero in the game focuses as much as raw decision making as Mercy 1.0 did. The closest I’ve found is Brigitte, who I do enjoy but just read my other problem… Secondly, Blizzard has shown zero respect for their previous designs. Why on earth would I take the time to find another hero I enjoy when they ALSO might get essentially removed from the game?

1 Like

Why not balance around both

Let’s see Mercy is balanaced

There is a sizeable amount of people playing Mercy

yup seems like they did a good job

1 Like

Aren’t we talking about game balance here?

Game balance =/= Game design

You as a game designer create the rules when coming up with a game concept. What rules do you create when you make music? None.

Comparing music to games makes no sense. Stop with it, thank you.

Then tell me what were they trying to do with just 4 supports, 5 tanks and 12 damage dealers? As if that wasn’t an obvious indication.

You’d quickly see how bad it is.

Brigitte, ey? I hope you see where the problems with Brig were (in other words, I hope you know why they nerfed her as much as they did).

“Just because a hero is in the meta doens’t mean it need nerfs”

2 Likes

Bless you for still fighting the fight. More than I can say, after 2 years of them doing nothing about their screwup with mercy has led me to give up. They clearly don’t care what the players have to say.

Not everyone sees the removal of mass rez from the game as a screwup

I don’t, for example

1 Like

Jesus you again. It’s almost like you keep forgetting that we will never agree despite us doing this same discussion over and over and over again.

3 Likes

“i DoNt HaVe FuN aNyMoRe” is not a viable argument to rework Mercy.

She’s balanced and many people still find her fun.

Also, have you noticed how these forums are the only platform where this topic is discussed in such quantity?

1 Like

Come back when we have statistical data that shows she isn’t balanced.
Cleanse on her staff - OP (while taking into account the rest of her kit)
Mass Res - No, it doesn’t really matter how you try to twist it.
60 HPS - her healing is fine as it is

With apologies, I dont specifically recall having a previous conversation with you; but regardless, when one posts on a public forum, one implicitly invites response from the public

I intend no offense, just replying to the statement made

1 Like

She’s garbage. It’s almost like a main healer with 50hp/s is worthless when moira and ana heal far more and can both multiheal vs mercies single beam. It’s almost like she got a ton of nerfs because the rework was inherently flawed.
It’s almost like changing her needlesly even though she was an f tier pick was a bad idea that should have been obvious when she suddenly jumped to s tier.

1 Like

agreed…given that there are over 2 dozen other heroes to choose from, when a player no longer finds character A to be fun, its time to look at the other characters, or even at other games if none of those seem fun either

1 Like

Statistically, she isn’t.
In the hands of a capable player, she isn’t either. (Not that your, literally low plat, status has to do anything with this statement)

2 Likes

she wasn’t changed needlessly tho - the devs observed unwanted/undesirable behavior in the game that was due to mass rez, and so they removed mass rez

given the desire to remove the unwanted behavior from the game, removing mass rez was a good idea

2 Likes

Game Balance is part of Game Design, so both. Game Balance is heavily dependent on what sort of Game you are trying to make. Some require no balance at all. Some require a little. Some require quite a bit. Even when you have similar games you can end up with wildly different kinds of balancing depending on who’s doing it. Parody comic illustrating the point: https://www.nerfnow.com/comic/737/comments

Ahem… 5 tanks, 6 offense, 6 defense, 4 supports. That looks far closer, doesn’t it? :stuck_out_tongue:

Seeing as one super beam would give me more agency during the match… I’d still take it in a heart beat.

Indeed I do. Due to how the objectives work, the meta is defined by whichever support is best able to not die and is able to bail out their teammates. That’s been Brigitte for the last several months and people are whining about it. Blizzard doesn’t understand that though so they’ve been doing what they usually do and have been swinging the nerf bat around randomly.

1 Like