Mercy is fun, fun is subjective

I mentioned that people don’t find fun in mercy and people do. I never said that everyone has fun in mercy.

1 Like

Factually Mercy does not cc herself

On a related note, the following part of the original statement I replied to - “you can’t move” - is factually incorrect

1 Like

Personally, I have performed well on heroes and highly impacted the game in positive ways for our team. Many of the times I am filling a role. There is going to be an exception to everything.

Lol you’re still completely dodging what everyone is telling you.

Let me make it as easy to comprehend as possible for you. OP is NOT being condescending.

I feel like a broken record but you’re free to disagree with him but don’t throw false accusations

2 Likes

Its condescending as the OP is making the claim that certain sects of people’s opinions are unreasonable and or incorrect/not justified.

To re-quote OP “You aren’t the only person that plays Overwatch.” isn’t ONLY saying there is a difference of opinions, it ALSO seeks to undermine those that disagree with the statement.

I can’t see how “You aren’t the only person that plays Overwatch.” could be taken any other way.

It implies the status quote is ok so nothing should change, wouldn’t an idealized interpretation be something that satisfies everyone instead of ignoring a large group of people?

1 Like

I can’t stand the people that say Mercy’s rez is a self stun or self CC or a “kill me now” button.

Like…are you so selfish that that’s the only thing you label the ability?

And for the record, yes. I equally can’t stand the people that say the same things about McCree’s Deadeye (although apparently it’s fine now because it does lots of damage?) And Reaper’s shadowstep.

Now that I’m thinking of it, maybe selfish isn’t the right word. Pessimistic perhaps? Short-sighted?

1 Like

By no means am I trying to be condescending nor do I think I am. I am telling the other side of the story about MeRcY IS BoRInG AnD SUcKs and a general basis of people being biased towards balancing and abilities that causes them to be subjective. There is a group of people that love every hero and have tons of fun on those heroes. Saying opinionated statements on how the heroes are trash is not fair. I do not like Genji at all, but I am fine with the hero and don’t say he’s boring and should be removed because I know other people really like him and deserve to have fun and play that her

is this not obvious? I mean I find Mercy’s playstyle incredibly frustrating and boring. I do enjoy the mobility tricks with GA and will once in a blue moon pick Mercy to do some battle Mercy (I’ll heal too but ain’t no damage boosting except for the occasional Ult) when there is an incredibly mobile team.

Like playing Mercy when there is a Pharah, Hammond, Winston, Lucio, Genji is amazing. She literally becomes the most mobile hero in the game.

I actually noticed that a lot of players will pick Mercy when I play Hammond (he’s kinda my main atm). At first I thought it was because Hammond can be hard to heal but it didn’t take long for me to notice how my mobility actually amplified Mercy’s mobility to a crazy level. Similar to Pharah in that it gives her a super high vantage point but without the draw-backs of being fairly stagnant in the sky.

I can find Rein fun if I have the patience at the time to play him or else I feel really bored and be subject to the uncontrollable urge to become a Chargehardt.

A big reason this game became so popular is that there is a hero for everyone. People are bound to find and enjoy the playstyle of a certain hero. while at the same time find other hero’s playstyles insufferable.

Technically, she does.

Movement modifiers are a form of CC, you can look this up.

Rez modifies her speed with a slow.

Therefore you can make the connection that Rez does come with a self CC in her slow.

5 Likes

You’re forgetting that your fun is also subjective, and they’re allowed to be entitled to their own opinions. And only people asking for a hero to be deleted is that dumb #DeleteBrig movement which shot itself in the foot by harassing her VA.

4 Likes

Some people who played the original Mercy prefer her, so they deserve a platform as well since they’re the OGs, y’know?

4 Likes

The slowness of movement is part of the ability

There is no cc, technical or otherwise

1 Like

CC include movement modifiers-this is a fact.

Mercy’s rez has a 75% speed reduction-this is a fact.

Therefore one can make the connection that rez inflicts a self CC. It may be part of the ability, but it still is a movement modifier that’s categorized as a CC.

5 Likes

Therefore, by the transitive property of equality, Mercy is subjective!

Did I do it right?

3 Likes

Devs: “We’re removing mass rez because it’s unfun to play against”

Some Mercy Players : “But now Mercy is less fun to play…”

Other Mercy Players : “Fun is subjective, your opinion is invalid”

Okay…

4 Likes

It’s really confusing tbh. On one side, you have people fighting for it to come back or some sort of compromise. On the other, you have the same putting them down and saying there doesn’t need to be compromise yet pitch rework ideas. Don’t care about mass rez, but it’s still an odd schism.

2 Likes

With the same reasoning you should not say that any character is fun…

I think Valkyrie is terribly designed. For over 10% of my total playtime as Mercy, for 15 seconds everytime I pop Valkyrie, my skill at playing Mercy is not needed.

I do not think Mercy is fun, and I will continue to argue that she is not fun for me. You are free to have your opinion just as I am free to have mine and argue the point from my perspective.

4 Likes

Yeah but I don’t think she’s fun therefore she is not fun

I think mercy isn’t fun

Thank you guys for taking up for me❤️