"Mercy is fine fun is subjective play someone else"

I know of nothing in any of the statements I have made as part of this discussion that could be reasonably be considered pretentious

You do understand that what both sides want is diametrically opposed right?

For example, those who want mass rez back and those who don’t, while blizz could add a similar mechanic like a mass burst heal (cough selfplug cough) the people who wanted mass rez would still hold on to the idea that it’s not the same, because in reality what they are is nostalgia driven and not rationally asking for a change; and the people who don’t want mass rez back in any shape or form now have to deal with the new thing…

I’m not saying that a third path cannot exist but the point is that someone will always complain and at some point blizz has to draw a line (and currently that line is that Mercy will remain like she is for a good while longer)

1 Like

The quoted statement is one of them.

1 Like

As someone that used to play a lot of Mercy, there is a bit of me that really misses the defensive nature of her old ultimate, but Valkyrie can be fun sometimes (although I do miss the old movement speed that came with it)

1 Like

I don’t believe that the forum rules require a poster to respond in a certain manner, or to respond at all

I respectfully disagree

C’mon man, that’s kinda harsh. While I’d prefer a version of Mass Rez with tweaks and an ability that can help combo into big rezzes while still allowing counterplay, I’ll happily take a mass burst heal, or any other solid idea. There’s been a few, a lot of them probably need tweaks but it’d still be something.

1 Like

Junkrat Wave Hey Symmetra, Noice seeing you here.

uhm, excuse me but why does the way someone responds irks you this much?

If you have something to discuss do so, if you rather not engage in a conversation with someone you deem “pretentious”, then don’t, you’ll achieve nothing criticizing someone who hasn’t asked for your opinion on their speech

2 Likes

I agree. Some form of agreement would be lovely, though seemingly… not easily obtainable. Still a nice thought nonetheless.

With regards to her base kit, I have no problems with it, besides res and her ultimate. That’s pretty much it. But I’ve spoken ad nauseum about my thoughts about that, so I’ll digress. Perhaps in another thread, for sure.

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
xavvypls
:blue_heart:

Not everyone in the anti-Mercy faction is similarly flexible

2 Likes

It’s what people do when they can’t come up with anything to “argue”

2 Likes

Sorry if it sounds harsh but there’s no other way to put it, it’s been a year and a half and nothing has changed, Mercy has been super strong, super weak and balanced yet people who want mass rez aren’t happy, and they won’t be, unless mass rez is back

There’s no rationale behind it, they want mass rez, period

2 Likes

This is…increadibly misleading. No one here is anti-mercy. Someone who’s anti-Mery would be opposed to the character existing at all. At any rate, more folks are flexible than some would believe. It just takes avoiding knee jerk responses.

5 Likes

A balanced form of it, for the most part. Mind you, if another idea was presented that ticked the boxes of fun for folks who want it back, myself included, it’d still be a win. Anything that feels less clunky than it does now would work.

3 Likes

Exactly. Speaking for myself, Mercy is literally my most played hero, by fair. And I have the stats to prove it (as opposed to one of which I will not name at this time) I’d consider myself anything but an “anti-Mercy”, and wanting Mass Rez or a revert doesn’t change that. :blush:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
xavvypls
:blue_heart:

1 Like

The rationale behind them talking about it is because they miss it and that’s rationale enough my dude. Although I don’t want to see mass res back, discussing it with them and trying to understand them more and more helps everybody have healthier discussions. In my opinion, there is absolutely no reason to say things that offer no value other than to be negative, like you sort of did back there.

3 Likes

Given that i have supplied the meaning of this term as I use it many times across many Mercy-related threads, I do not see it as misleading at all. It helps delineate two distinct groups of people.

There is a metube account bearing the same name where the player appears to be playing one character exclusively

that one character isn’t Mercy

That’s not how definitions work. That also doesn’t remove the implications. No one here is anti-Mercy. We all want something positive for the character. Claim otherwise if you want but that doesn’t change it.

6 Likes