"Mercy is fine fun is subjective play someone else"

I’m not sure that’s true because guess what? current rez is as balanced as rez (as a mechanic) can be

Here’s how I see it, remember when Mercy players wanted an E ability? the sole truth is that an E ability on top of Mass rez was overkill, so this is very simple, you want mass rez back? then Mercy cannot have an E ability and GA needs to be slower as it was before, no super jumps, no buggy GA glide and on top of that you need to instate any sort of gating mechanic that makes mass rez be less frustrating to play against (LoS at least)

you would need to effectively push Mercy into the ground just for mass rez to go back and THAT is inadmissible

What I meant was that there’s no rationale behind the complaints, Mercy can be the most viable and strong character and they wouldn’t be happy, they weren’t happy when mercy was mandatory so what does it take? nothing, they just want mass rez back

If there’s anyone who has jumped into discussions with them is me, as a matter of fact I created a concept rework that considered both sides and the reactions I got from the Mercy-haters (yes, haters because they hate her current state) was that it wasn’t mass rez and that they just wanted that back and funny enough, the answers I got from those who enjoy her was that they loved the idea

So you see, I’m not trying to toot my horn saying that I tried but I hella did and all I found was their true face

1 Like

This.

If #MercyIsFine or #nerfMercy is allowed to exist. #reworkMercy, #buffMercy, or #revertMercy is allowed to exist as well. And there’s absolutely nothing wrong with it. People are entitled to their opinions on what they believe should be done to the hero (or not done), and the problems arise when we start telling others that their opinions are worse than ours, or refer to them in derogatory ways (like flat-earthers or cultists). We may not agree to everything, but I believe that the sooner people learn to accept eachothers difference in opinions regarding Mercy and leave it at that, rather than attack, slander and insult someone simply for disagreeing with them, the better for the community as a whole. :blush:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
xavvypls
:blue_heart:

1 Like

I have explained my definition of the term as I use it many times.

I dont have anything to add to that

1 Like

You know very well which have existed for far longer even when Mercy was mandatory, she is fine now, so the first # exists just to combat your illogical year and a half crusade

Don’t come here acting like you didn’t try to squash everyone’s opinion when the rework first hit, you changed your username and was one of the first people to tell others that they were wrong and that this was the nail on the coffin of overwatch

and for the record I couldn’t care two cucumbers if you think Mercy needs a buff or not, I go into discussions because I enjoy seeing people’s point of view, you on the other hand, hunt for every single Mercy thread and either approve it if they agree with you or complain with your sassy smiley face if they don’t

3 Likes

You do realize that Total hero playtime = / = The heroes shown in a video… right?

You must have gotten the wrong “metube” account to make such an assumption.

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
xavvypls

2 Likes

I’m inclined to think otherwise. You may have seen this floating around here already but this:

is where my leaning towards that idea comes from.

And following the logic of the video; What would you say to pairing a Mass Rez with line of sight checks and no invulnerability on Mercy, with an E that generates damage resistance and an aoe heal centered on Mercy of 75 health, and temporarily stops her self-regen?

3 Likes

If one claims one thing and shows another, I think that’s something that is reasonable to point out and put to question

That’s the problem. It’s your personal definition. It’s not mine. It’s most definitely not the easier to follow/assume definition either.

5 Likes

I personally don’t see this as a problem at all

I see it as a problem not only because it is offensive, but speaking in universal terms also helps have a healthier discussion that all parties can understand.

3 Likes

At this point we’re just getting into a whole layer-cake of problems. Could you maybe change that particular choice of terminology for the sake of healthier and understandable discussion?

3 Likes

I disagree with that video on a very core basis, buffing indifinitely creates power creep (which Overwatch suffers from, specially on supports) but whatever

Mercy cannot have dmg resistance in any shape or form for two reasons:

1.- She self heals for free, even if this ability cancelled the effect all you’d need to do is wait it out and the passive regen would kick back in
2.- She’s incredibly slippery and mobile which is sort of like damage resistance tied to player skill (positioning and whatnot)

As for an AoE heal on Mercy on cd, I disagree as well because even though her raw hps is low, in the long run her stable output catches up to other healers’ so in reality this would be a straight up buff on top of having mass rez…

Here’s my idea if you want to take a look at it:

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/rR9OKe

The one claiming has proof readily and publicly available. But that’s a good message to apply to oneself who could never deliver. :blush:

I find said quote to be ironic, by the way.

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
xavvypls

1 Like

That’s not what the video advocates, though.

As to this, the entire point would be to turn off the regen and provide a vulnerability despite the damage resistance. What if it also slowed her to the speeds she had before the GA buffs/tweaks? And as to the heal, the only reason I even mention that is so the ability isn’t entirely selfish and there’s reason to use it outside of diving into a crowd to attempt a group-rez. Maybe instead of a flat heal it moves her regen to any team-mates in range?

2 Likes

This has some things I like, and some that confuse me. In particular, the flight on Rez. I don’t entirely understand the reasoning there. I do however, like the Regen/Rez idea. That I could see working rather well. Possibly combined with a single beam Valk or any other change that makes valk reward target prioritization.

1 Like

I don’t find the term to be offensive at all, in the same vein as anti-oxidant or anti-terrorist

I don’t belive that the forum rules require one to adapt their terminology to the requirements of another.

Further, the definition is simple and clear.

Okay okay okay man I see your point there. But I also understand the opposing argument. I know you like comparisons though so I’m going to put this in a way I think might help you understand their case. Pro Choice and Pro Life are respectively the terms for those groups but the opposing parties often call each other Anti-Choice, and Abortionist. You can understand why the term is offensive now, right? It just has some negative connotation that doesn’t need to be thrown around.

3 Likes

Neither of those refer to GROUPS OF PEOPLE. Also neither of those work the way you seem to think they do.

While your definition MIGHT be simple, it’s pretty far from clear, to say nothing of the negative connotations it has.

1 Like

I dont see this term as offensive in any way, shape, or form

People can and do choose to be offended over non-offensive things. This is an age of people fabricating things to be offended by.