"Mercy is fine fun is subjective play someone else"

Excellent points. I agree completely with everything both of you said. I think Mercy can use some improvements. And I don’t see much value in choosing her currently compared to other healers, if the intention is to win a game (outside of maybe preference, or double sniper / pharmercy comps, I suppose). Still, with the introduction of Baptiste, It seems that there is just so much more value in picking a different healer. I think it’s fair to say that while some think she’s fine, it’s a valid consideration to at least see how she can be made to be more fun and the complaints many people have regarding her ultimate and Rez on E. Even the devs have gone on record into looking into more ways in making parts of her kit “feel better” at this point. Hopefully we get to see these changes in a future patch. :blush:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
xavvypls
:blue_heart:

I’d like a world where I can’t just boost a random target with a nano and win the fight easily with how oppressive and hard to kill the nanoboosted target becomes and how much of an insane clutch save it is with zero actual counters besides another ana sleep dart, compared to trying to combine genji blade and mercy valkyrie and watching how enemy junkrat just blows up the genji in 2 hits with my healing beam on him and having to go back, valkyrie wasted. Somethign that would have not happened with nanoblade, genji could’ve tanked junkrat easily and just smashed and wiped him off the planet.

Baptiste, his ultimate and his immortality field is just going to make mercy completely redundant. 60hps and 30%dmg boost holds no candle to baptiste’s 100% boosts on both spectrums and safer saving of a teammate is far better than risking yourself for a ress, every time.

The more I play ana, the more dissatisfied I become with mercy’s lack of an impactful kit. It should not be this way, mercy should have her place in this game too with her own strenghts. But it seems like she has no strenghts that are not vastly overshadowed by everyone else, thus she’s not played over ana even in silver.

2 Likes

Why are Mercy mains still talking about Mass Res when Mercy was nerfed to normalcy because 2017 Valkyrie was the worst thing this game has ever seen? And no, that doesn’t mean mass res should come back, because it has no place in the game either.

3 Likes

I’m sorry, are Mercy mains not allowed to talk about Mass Rez or their dissatisfaction with how she’s been changed? :blush:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
xavvypls

How? Her “neutral” game, or game outside of her ultimate hasn’t changed since launch. If anything it has gotten more fun and more rewarding. You can super jump ( LITERALLY THE ONLY MOVEMENT ANIMATION CANCEL THE DEV TEAM ALLOWS), GA has had it’s CD lowered, and she has had numerous quality of life changes and buffs.

When I see threads like this what it really translates to is " I can no longer dictate the entire game as my Waifu."

Mercy is fine. The meta doesn’t suit her. Stop trying to make her more powerful than she should be.

4 Likes

I respect your opinion, but I humbly disagree. I don’t believe #MercyIsFine. And just as you may find no problems with her and are entitled to your opinion, other people are completely entitled to disagree, and not be happy with her current state. A hero can be statistically balanced, and still be unfun to play with, and lack impact. I believe that this is further backed with the fact that even the devs are considering making parts of her kit feel better to play at this point. If they thought she didn’t need any changes, such considerations wouldn’t be made.

I believe there are many ways to make her balanced with either a rework, minor buffs, tweaks, or a revert, without making her “OP”. People are completely entitled to that opinion as well, regardless of whether one agrees with it or not. :blush:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
xavvypls

Superjumping may save yourself, but it doesn’t stop the enemy team just rolling your team and wiping them because your heal is only 50hps compared to ana’s 93hps.

Meanwhile ana sips tea and presses E once and the entire enemy team is anti-healed and they die as a result.

Mercy doesn’t need to dictate the game flow. But she is vastly unequal with the rest of the cast if she has zero agency of her own to directly influence the flow of the game. And not just hope that your teammate knows that they need to back off from line of fire lest they die, or hoping they hit their shots or hoping they know how to die in a safe position or hoping they still don’t take too much damage while you ulti around.

She is less impactful than Ana in frikken silver. Before rework mercy used to be the go to pick healer in platinum. She has no impact, so there is no reason to play her. She should have some impact in the game.

3 Likes

I can’t wait til Mercy is the goto main healer pick in pro play after GOATS is dead and you guys have no excuses about her alleged lack of impact. It’ll be just like the bad Sombra players who ate crow after the World Cup and stage 1 of OWL.

3 Likes

Mercy has been used in pro play during Dive Meta after her 12+ sledgehammer nerfs, and even before then with the Moth meta. People have still had issues with her rework. I believe this is because what “the pros play” is vastly different from what the general public sees as enjoyable regarding a hero.

Mercy being a must-pick = / = “Those guys” are happy with Mercy’s current state. A lot of “us guys”, aren’t concerned with how much she’s used in OWL, and just want her to be fun, rewarding, engaging, and impacful to play. Namely for me, I’d like for her to have her own hero moment again and the change to make big plays… Like every other support in the roster. I fully intend on continuing to ask for those changes, and I’m excited to see what the devs come up with for her in the future. :blush:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
xavvypls

You do realize your entire statement is a contradiction, right? If Mercy is a must pick, then she definitely has an impact. This isn’t even debatable.

Again, what has been said thousands of times on this site in the last year, is that Mercy’s fundamental playstyle hasn’t changed since Mass Rez. You just want an easy win button that erases all of your team’s mistakes and we’re not having it.

4 Likes

Depends on type of meta it goes into. No DPS heroes are really strong currently so a pocket meta is out of the question. Dive perhaps she could get in on but the next meta is likely gonna be Ana deathball again or something involving Baptiste since he’s pretty darn good.

3 Likes

Are you not watching OWL? Triple to Quad DPS with Hammond and Mercy is the goto psuedo GOATS counter at the moment. It’ll be even stronger when the next patch goes through. Hard GOATS nerfs with a big Hammond buff almost guarantees it’ll be the standard pro play meta.

As a person who is neutral in the argument but also a Mercy main, I have seen both parties numerous times use rude language or terms with each other. I’ve also seen both parties use falacies in their arguments and I’ve also seen both parties blatantly attempt to discredit each other just by saying certain statements with silly implications.

It honestly seems kind of sad how this forum is so touchy feely, meaning if you say one wrong thing your post can get deleted. I think that sort of thing is what promotes each user to use this type of wording, you know? Like neither imo has said anything toxic until one addresses the underlying tones in the argument.

1 Like

I’m sorry, where did I state that Must picked heroes = / = Having impact? I have said no such thing. I stated that whether or not Mercy is a “must pick” in pro play, is irrelevant. Because there will be people who will still find her unfun to play with, and thus, will complain about it. People had issues with her when she was a must pick, and were asking for a revert even back then. With pride, I was one of those people. The point is, no one asked for the rework that made her OP, and the fact remains that Mercy still could have been given tweaks to balance her out, rather than changed completely with regards to her ultimate, and it’s completely valid to feel that way even to this day - whether #MercyIsFine agrees to that or not.

And once again, your projections are false. Frankly, I want mercy to be fun, engaging, rewarding, and impactful. I want Mercy to have agency, and have a hero moment like the rest of the supports. I think that’s a completely valid opinion to have. I don’t care about “easy win buttons”. I enjoyed her before she was a must pick and when she was niche / a D-tier hero at best. I believe that Mercy could have been given more tweaks before the rework, rather than given invincibility and then a completely different ultimate. I believe that the rework has been a failure in that regard, in which it’s caused what seems to be more problems than it initially tried to solve, and theoretically making Mercy a shell of her former self and little more than a glorified spectator mode - in my opinion. I believe that resurrect on E was a huge mistake, and is one of the biggest offenders of her current kit. So, while you are free to think whatever you want about people who want reworks or reverts, sorry, but we’re going to have to agree there.

Regardless, I can’t wait to see what they plan on doing to improve her in the future! I believe she is very much due for some changes. :blush:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
xavvypls

You can be as “bold and passionate” as you want to be, it doesn’t make you less rude. Nothing dodo has said has been falsehoods, slander, or anything else. I am my own person and came to the same conclusions myself after having multiple interactions with you over the last few months.

Maybe If individual people can come to the same conclusion it’s time for some self reflection if you don’t want to be considered rude and hostile.

3 Likes

You are entitled to your own opinions. I completely and politely disagree with them. I believe I was more than rational in my views, and more than polite and respectful, regarding the context and the slander. At the end of the day, your “perception” on the hostility of others is not a concern of mine in regards to this thread. So… We’re going to have to agree to disagree there. Thanks for sharing your thoughts though! :blush:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
xavvypls

Ugh. I wish people could get banned from using emojis.

Edit: for the love of God, Revert, stop editing a response after someone had already replied to it. Your first one to me was edited 5 times alone. Just take the extra time to say what you mean the first time.

At some point it just looks like you’re trying to twist what someone said in response to something you didn’t say in the first place.

3 Likes

There is nothing “magical” about the definition - it is simple, clear, and concise; and delineates one group of people from another with no grey area

No such thing is implied by the definition

Since I do not want any changes for Mercy, and wrote up that proposal only as a possible compromise position between the two sides, the existence of the proposal does not make me a member of the anti-Mercy faction.

1 Like

When one calls out the perceived hostility in others, and then turning around and being hostile themselves with making the above remark, after an agreement to disagree, I believe it’s fair to say that that is being a bit contradictory to the initial perception, no? :blush:

I politely decline. I will edit and quote as I wish, and when I wish. And I have every right to do so. You do not dictate how one should make and edit their posts, but I appreciate the suggestion. :slight_smile:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
xavvypls

1 Like

You intentionally use emojis after saying hostile things just to add a dash of passive aggressive bull afterwards. It gets annoying and if you’re allowed to talk to people the way you do, I’m allowed to be irritated with how you do it.

4 Likes