Mercy is DEAD. Can we FIX her now!?

Mercy being situational like the other supports is a good thing. She doesn’t need any buffs or any more nerfs.

6 Likes

And many other people and the dev team :grinning: Which is why it doesn’t exist anymore.

1 Like

She used to be just that, but then she took a rework to the character

nobody cares about

who can’t even fix their own game.

1 Like

since the update i played w/ 7 mercy mains who trolled w/ mercy to make her winrate lower so blizz will buff her
and at the day i played w/ mercy mains and won

Old mercy, especially with the invulnerability when rezzing was frustrating for everyone, because of the hide and seek stuff that would happen every time her ult was up.
The rework was a good thing, you’ve just got a case of looking back with rose tinted glasses.

3 Likes

So only your opinion counts huh - the level of self-entitlement is amazing.

They are doing a pretty good job mate. Game is in the best state since forever - every support is now viable. Now they fix Symmetra, Torb and Bastion and we are getting in the golden era of OW baby.

2 Likes

Except the Mercy player.

Greatly overblown. Fact.

So a year of Mercy being OP and game-defining, not to mention, drawing hate and ire onto Mercy players and even making Mercy players hate their own character, is a good thing? I don’t even–

3 Likes

Do I really need to keep inserting that Titanium quote regarding player perception everywhere I go? I’d hoped you’d understand Game Design by now.

You’re competely ignoring BugHardt, BugFist, Bugbra and God knows who else. The game becomes objectively more broken with each subsequent patch. But by all means, keep white-knighting the Overwatch team.

It’s mind-blowing how a game that worked pretty well at release could possibly sink this far in just two years. And we haven’t even reached the bottom yet.

1 Like

And that’s why it was changed. One OP, over-tuned character shouldn’t come at the expense of everyone else.

Wrong.

Nobody has extensively hated Mercy players, supports universally get the most endorsements, love etc. Not to mention Mercy was an absolute must pick making Mercy players valuable, stop making things up.

I don’t care about the dude’s opinion to be honest very much. The guy thinks that mechanical skill shouldn’t be a factor when balance is involved. That alone shows so much bias that any of his opinions don’t really hold much value.

Those just need some small tweaks and regardless it’s not like they are F tier characters for 11 seasons. Do I think there’s need for improvement - absolutely. But it’s a work in progress, and Blizz are doing a fine job so far, particularly with the recent changes.

Game is still working pretty well, but if you hate it so much - why play? Nobody is forcing you to play a game you detest.

3 Likes

This was only an issue since the rework. Stop trying to push your failed narrative.

No, you’re wrong.

Riiiight.

You’re the one making things up, claiming the rework was an improvement, while it’s objectively a colossal failure. Stats don’t lie, mate.

So you admit you didn’t even read the thing. Okay, buddy.

Small tweaks! I’m dying.

No, they’re not. A 12-year-old could do a better job.

You clearly haven’t been paying attention. I stopped playing weeks ago, for the second time (first time was after the January nerfs, until Brigitte released). I’m only here because, for some weird reason, I’m infinitely more passionate about this game than the people who actually make it. But I don’t play Overwatch, anymore. In case you were wondering, I play Gears of War now (Gears 2, specifically). Much better game than Overwatch.

Hahaahaha, amazing rhetoric. Consider me waving the white flag.

I don’t know man, you sure you are not projecting yourself? Throwing temper tantrums and having a “no u” arguments usually belongs to that age group. :smiley:

Given the fact that I’m a 28-year-old software developer working at a small company…
Don’t think so.

Also, regarding

When you’re the one attempting to back up something you claim to be objective with an opinion piece, my “no u” reply is actually pretty on point.

We, along with Blizzard, know how Mercy performed pre-rework. Blizz probably knows how much Hide 'n Rez was used (unlike the community, because everyone clearly has a different opinion on what constitutes Hide 'n Rez)

I remember the last time… That ended well.

The fact that you have to put in personal credentials as if that matters somehow shows you already lost the debate amigo.

There’s overwhelming evidence mate, not just anecdotal evidence although I’ve personally observed hide&rez in practically every game I’ve played when mass rez existed. Literally every game had a potg of a Mercy doing a hide&rez. Me and my friends literally made a game to take a shot every time Mercy doesn’t take potg - this is anecdotal evidence. The thread I provide is actual evidence.

Sorry, the facts don’t go according to your false narrative and bias.

Hahahha, so We as in you and select group of people. The rest of us apparently don’t know.

Nice try but I"m already bored of you and have addressed any of your small claims, moving on.

1 Like

Since when is anecdotal evidence facts? By the same logic, me not seeing Hide 'n Rez at all, means it didn’t happen.

Funny you accuse me of bias while I, like many other Mercy players, am pursuing the healthier option for both Mercy and the game as a whole, by ditching this garbage rework, going back to a state that we know worked, and tweak from there. If it were up to me, Ana would be reverted to her season 3 state, alongside this Mercy change, and tweaked from there, as well. Back when they were both viable, but with Ana being a better pick in many games.

That’s your opinion man. :rofl:

It’s hardly an opinion when the game’s stats from that period back it up.

Since when is anecdotal evidence facts? See I can do it too. :rofl:

1 Like

Nobody asked for her being OP. You guys just assume we want her OP and dominating. No. We want her fun.

1 Like