Mercy is DEAD. Can we FIX her now!?

i’d like to review them, but so far the ones i’ve seen aren’t any good. that’s all i can say about it. Blizzard made their decision in the past and i don’t feel that reverting that decision is a quick fix that needs fixing

I don’t pretend to know the perfect answer, I have suggestions, as does a million other people, but all I’m saying is that the way she is now is NOT okay. SOMETHING needs to change.

4 Likes

Why do insinst on clinging to resurrect?

As ability it’s not fun to play against and imho doesn’t belong in a FPS game.

2 Likes

mass rez was not just unbalanced it also promoted poor behavior

6 Likes

I wouldn’t mind a change but i still think shes still a good healer, i don’t think shes the worst.

1 Like

Plenty of people would be happy with a nerfed Mass Res, so long as it were Mass Res again.

As for “speed and agility buffs” what are you talking about?
The only change she got in terms of mobility is her little b-hop maneuver that was initially a bug but reworked into a feature.

Unless you’re talking about Valk, which nobody really wants to stick around anyways.

So, in summary…
You literally don’t know what you’re saying.

5 Likes

He is talking about cd reduction on GA as well.

Its part of what makes Mercy, Mercy. It’d be like taking away Reinhardts shield. Its balanceable, but the ability itself needs to change off of a cooldown instead of constantly nerfing the rest of her kit to justify it. They’re not addressing the problem and balancing her abilities, instead she has 1 OP ability and everything else is simple, boring, and bad, while every other Support has TONS more utility and can contribute offensively.

4 Likes

On lore she never brings people back from the dead, so it is fine to replace it with something more fun and fresh.

The lore is the game though, so if she can rez in game by lore standards i guess it counts.

That change was back in the beta.

If he is thinking about that, it’s in no way relevant to wanting a revert as she had it well before the rework to begin with.

Actually, before this whole mess she WAS balanced, and the more complete stats back then backed that up.
She also had less resurrected players on average per match from what I’ve heard.

Current res promotes bad behavior just as much or more, the amount of times I’ve seen a mercy player die because she was suicide ressing a player is staggering.
Trading your main healer for whatever she maybe ressurects is never a + and is in essence throwing.

3 Likes

The game is not canon.

1 Like

says only you.

(more words)

I agree, I hated the Hide and Res fad and the people who abused it, but that’s NOT the majority of Mercy mains who did that, just the bad ones abusing the SR system. There’s ways to balance mass Res, they just need to try. I don’t even know if going back to Mass Res IS the answer. I’d be in favor of 1-2 charges of Res during Valk and no 30 second Res at all.

3 Likes

That has been said on the forums before me though. Besides, resurrect is not healthy for shooter like overwatch.

1 Like

i’m not saying that making a bad decision was throwing however i remember on streams that i watched when mercy had res she was hiding in a corner so she couldn’t be killed first, instead of helping her teammates by healing them or damage boosting them. and this was back when performance based SR was a thing so they were gaming the system rather than actually playing to the best of their ability

Overwatch isn’t a shooter. Its not Call of Duty. Its a team based strategy game. I like supporting my team. If you just want to play boring shooters, gtfo.

6 Likes

rezzing isn’t bringing someone back to life, its someone is dying and you rescue and patch them up thats why there is a limited time to get there before they actually die so it makes sense for her character. I for one am not a fan of shooters thats why i like playing mercy, so i completely disagree leaving out different mechanics because you want a pure shooter game which there are dozens.

5 Likes

I still think support category is in its best shape since D1.

All of them have their proper strengths & weaknesses, Mercy included.

Win rate might go up in a few days once the dust has settled…

2 Likes